Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2014, 12:35:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332068 Posts in 13604 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces ƒ confirmed for NA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces ƒ confirmed for NA  (Read 44626 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2011, 08:23:51 PM »

Sorry, there's already too much on list and Graces doesn't look like my cup of tea. Xillia looks like the better game, but this is not Xillia so... yeah, sorry Dice.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2011, 08:46:53 PM »

Haha I'm not upset - I'm hoping the game will be good.  Not really my cup of tea thus far either.  I'm just going on my general "like" of the series. 

I hate this "loli" thing thats in now - I think Sophie looks uggers.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: February 03, 2011, 09:47:05 PM »

From what I know, Tales of Graces has one of the best battle systems in the Tales series. I've also read that ToG's story isn't retarded and childish, it has a decent story with good characterization but it's neither epic nor disastrous.

Here's Bebpo's review on ToG: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19539146&postcount=104
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:51:46 PM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: February 03, 2011, 10:23:46 PM »

So far all Tales games have average plot (Iīd swear, they repeat the same twist over and over!), meh characters, repetitive dungeons (with each being larger and larger near the end game). Many praise Symphonia as one of the best of the best Tales....

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: February 03, 2011, 10:27:54 PM »

From what I know, Tales of Graces has one of the best battle systems in the Tales series. I've also read that ToG's story isn't retarded and childish, it has a decent story with good characterization but it's neither epic nor disastrous.

Here's Bebpo's review on ToG: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19539146&postcount=104

I know we take Famitsu's reviews with a grain of salt [in a wound, at that]; but it's the best rated amongst all other Tales titles as well.

And yeah, I've heard similar sentiments about the battle system; I like the speed of it all myself.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: February 03, 2011, 11:00:24 PM »

Like Parn said, half the in-game work was already done for a PS3 version... what stopped them???

Don't forget Microsoft paid for the localization. I'm pretty sure they can't re-use anything.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2011, 12:59:53 AM »

My biggest problem with Xenoblade is with the name of the main character; Shulk. Is like Hulk with an S. Yeah, that's retarded.

There's some other wierd names too, but I can't remember them.

Gotta admire the Japanese naming convention, where even people's named are based on some time of the year + a flower or whatever.  Sadly it doesn't work when the try Anglo names.  Yeah, Shulk.  Blood, Squall, Bagel, Denam, Edge, Kite, Ash, Jack Russel, Walnut and I'm sure Kneecap exists somewhere out there.
I'm very hurt.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2011, 01:05:04 AM »

My biggest problem with Xenoblade is with the name of the main character; Shulk. Is like Hulk with an S. Yeah, that's retarded.

There's some other wierd names too, but I can't remember them.

Gotta admire the Japanese naming convention, where even people's named are based on some time of the year + a flower or whatever.  Sadly it doesn't work when the try Anglo names.  Yeah, Shulk.  Blood, Squall, Bagel, Denam, Edge, Kite, Ash, Jack Russel, Walnut and I'm sure Kneecap exists somewhere out there.
I'm very hurt.

Haha relax, I'm just pointing out the noun-based naming convention.  I like the name Paige myself.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2011, 02:21:21 AM »

I can't understand why so many people are ragging on Graces.  It was very well received critically and the combat in the demo was quite fun.  The story might not be groundbreaking, but what Tales game is?  Xillia looks better?  Based on what?  We know jack shit about Xillia.

Please tell me that people aren't dismissing Graces just because they don't like the character designs...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2011, 02:41:11 AM »

Xillia looks better?  Based on what?  We know jack shit about Xillia.

To be fair there are screenshots. But beyond literally "looking better", no, there isn't much.

And hell, I don't care if a story isn't mindblowing (certain genres aside), just as long as it's at least either inconsequential or modestly entertaining, and Tales HAS reliably been the latter for me, even Legendia. Doesn't sound like Graces is any different there, and if the gameplay's as great as Bebpo's review makes it sound I'll be getting it ASAP.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2011, 03:54:23 AM »

In everyone's opinion, what's the Tales game to play for someone who hasn't really been impressed with Tales games?

Depends which ones you've played.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2011, 04:33:44 AM »

I can't understand why so many people are ragging on Graces.  It was very well received critically and the combat in the demo was quite fun.  The story might not be groundbreaking, but what Tales game is?  Xillia looks better?  Based on what? 

Uh, screenshots and trailer?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2011, 04:39:07 AM »

Yeah, screenshots and trailers also looked awesome for Final Fantasy XIII. That game turned out super awesome, too.

Wait.

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2011, 05:10:13 AM »

I can't understand why so many people are ragging on Graces.  It was very well received critically and the combat in the demo was quite fun.  The story might not be groundbreaking, but what Tales game is?  Xillia looks better?  Based on what? 

Uh, screenshots and trailer?

Here's a screenshot of Tales of Graces ƒ:

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2011, 05:32:08 AM »

Xillia looks kinda weird graphically honestly. They were talking about this on GAF too, but is that suppose to be a river? This team doesn't seem to use shaders with this graphical style very well. And the characters in that city screen don't look better than Graces F either.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:34:16 AM by jj984jj » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: