Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319717 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces confirmed for NA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces confirmed for NA  (Read 40973 times)
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: February 05, 2011, 04:04:45 PM »

Did any of you guys import Tales of Graces (Wii or version)? If so how does it compare to the other Tales game.

A number of people placed it as the second best Tales game, higher than Vesperia though.

I've written a review of it that will be posted within the next week.

Awesome.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: February 06, 2011, 07:56:03 AM »

So did anything else come from that clusterfuck image, or were those additional images there just to pretend like Namdai knew how to make a mysterious announcement that people couldn't instantly figure out?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 06, 2011, 12:00:48 PM »

So did anything else come from that clusterfuck image, or were those additional images there just to pretend like Namdai knew how to make a mysterious announcement that people couldn't instantly figure out?

They DID hold a conference with some announcements and recently unveiled Ridge Racer Unbounded, so while the hints were probably more to throw people off it wasn't like they showed nothing else that day or shortly afterwards.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: February 06, 2011, 12:01:23 PM »

Also, it was meant to fuck with Tales-tards who PMS over the series.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: February 07, 2011, 01:16:33 PM »

I'm not sure it was mentioned in the 20 pages of discussion, but I for one will enjoy playing this game where the hero is the secret lovechild of Disco Stu and Suzaku Kururugi.

(I wish I still had the image about that)
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: February 07, 2011, 01:23:57 PM »

I'm not sure it was mentioned in the 20 pages of discussion, but I for one will enjoy playing this game where the hero is the secret lovechild of Disco Stu and Suzaku Kururugi.

(I wish I still had the image about that)

Haha OMG, I thought I was the only one who called him that!!  Those white blazer, popped collar, and bell bottoms are pure discotheque fashion.

...on a side note, why does the Code Geass cast pull sad faces that reach the edge of their entire face?

Pissy youngsters!!

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: February 07, 2011, 01:33:06 PM »

...on a side note, why does the Code Geass cast pull sad faces that reach the edge of their entire face?

It's the CLAMP style. Same reason their arms and legs are twice as long while half as thin.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2011, 01:37:54 PM »

It's the CLAMP style. Same reason their arms and legs are twice as long while half as thin.

I'm not a fan of the new elongated clamp style - they used to be so wonderfully detailed (CCS was one, MKR took hair shading to a new level, and Chobits had a unique style on its own....credit to the artst for her versatility, just not caring for the latest work... A Tsubasa was fucked up enough with the "Futurama-esque Grandpaw Paradox")

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: February 07, 2011, 01:54:40 PM »

I gave up on Tsubasa Chronicles long ago. It's pretty obvious they'll stay lost forever because that serie is printing money.
If they ever get back home, it will be in 10 years after 5 movies, 2 anime series and 500 more chapters... kinda like how Inuyasha did it

Inuyasha has one of the worst endings ever too
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: February 07, 2011, 01:58:43 PM »

I gave up on Tsubasa Chronicles long ago. It's pretty obvious they'll stay lost forever because that serie is printing money.
If they ever get back home, it will be in 10 years after 5 movies, 2 anime series and 500 more chapters... kinda like how Inuyasha did it

Inuyasha has one of the worst endings ever too

Actually even better - it did end.  The second series was apparently so bad that CLAMP wouldn't allow any more anime adaptions (so I hear).  If you're that uninterested in the ending, like I said, they pull a bit of a Futurama "I am my own grandfather" paradox (it was done in the most pretentious ways possible to boot, in a CLAMP magical-romance way haha) - it's convoluted and for the life of me, I can't re-summarize it for you, the wikipedia summaries were obtuse enough.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: February 07, 2011, 02:19:19 PM »

Oh man, I just went around to read the ending...

that makes no sense at all.

Considering this serie had millions of fans, I'm surprise the CLAMP building didn't burn down.
This is even worst than the original Evangelion ending and they almost went down in flames for that.

EDIT: I gave up around the clones dying the first time... so they got resurrected and killed and resurrected and killed again? daaaaaaaamn
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 02:22:12 PM by Annubis » Logged
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: February 07, 2011, 02:22:47 PM »

Ashton's Import review is up!  Check it out: http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Tales_of_Graces_F/index.html  EXCITEMENT?!

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: February 07, 2011, 02:26:07 PM »

I haven't even finished reading the review... but I just love the introduction statement

"...Graces f is an incredible example of how an entertaining and enjoyable experience can trump hackneyed storytelling and lack of production values any day of the week."

lol

EDIT: Skits quality down? =(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 02:53:52 PM by Annubis » Logged
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: February 07, 2011, 02:28:38 PM »

Ashton's Import review is up!  Check it out: http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Tales_of_Graces_F/index.html  EXCITEMENT?!

I felt a happy tingle in my spine and bottom..... tmi?

Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2011, 02:42:16 PM »

I'm not going to deny that I didn't have similar reaction..we've been waiting for a new Tales game forever...and the fact that it appears to be a solid title - ahhhhhh can't wait!

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: