Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 03:49:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331455 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Bazaar
| | |-+  Seller Review thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Seller Review thread  (Read 31184 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2012, 04:57:53 AM »

Bought a few games from Klyde Chroma, they actually had a really strong cigarette smell, and I wasn't warned about it beforehand (nor that one of the games cases was broken and didn't hold anymore, and that another one's cover was damaged by water, which wouldn't have really been a problem if it wasn't for the first one). When I raised the problem, I was told the only possible thing he could do is paying for an air freshener. I asked for a return, and I didn't receive any answer for about a week, while he has been regulardly connected since then, so it can't be because he didn't see it. So, I wanted this to end in a good way, but seeing how I'm going to be stuck with stinking games I won't ever play with because of their smell, I thought I had to share my experience here, as I'm obviously angry. It's a shame, too, as I bought stuff from numerous members here and I never had any problem... I saw he added a note on his post after I told him (which means he definitely thought it was worth saying). I'm actually going to sell them back to someone who don't care about it, but it's still a loss of time and money.

I wasn't ignoring you.... the air freshener idea was my response... that way we both took responsibility for not have enlightened one another... when you inquired about the condition of the games, nothing was ever brought up about smoking.... likewise I suppose I should have known how much people like to smell their copies of suikoden......

Truth is, I've been burned real bad in this same situation before.... I end up trying to be the nice guy and give a refund and end up with my game cases but some refurbished-crap-disc that doesn't budge from the title screen if it loads at all... But I'll tell you what, since I REALLY didn't think the smell would bother you that bad, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here... If you can't sell em off to your buddy, send them back to me and let me verify everything is in the same condition I sent it out in. I will refund everything, AFTER I VERIFY THE CONDITION, except for the shipping if everything is swell.... But really, if I got a copy of Suikoden in that good of condition for 20 bucks or so I would take the air freshener....

...... ok sorry about the air freshener thing... I guess I was the only one who found that funny......

NOTE: I suppose it would be appropriate for us the PM it out if we need contact each other further on this particular matter now that we have both expressed ourselves openly about it.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2012, 06:33:30 AM »

when you inquired about the condition of the games, nothing was ever brought up about smoking....

That sounds a little silly. If something was advertised in a certain condition, the buyer shouldn't have to ask every single question under the sun to determine if something is ok or not. In my experience, people tend to state if they either smoke or own a pet when selling something (if either of those things have affected the condition, of course).

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2012, 02:58:21 PM »

Just received Yuffie and Vincent figures from Kylde.  Exactly as described, excellent communication, super fast shipping, great deal, couldn't be happier.  Thanks man!

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2012, 05:50:09 PM »

Just received Yuffie and Vincent figures from Kylde.  Exactly as described, excellent communication, super fast shipping, great deal, couldn't be happier.  Thanks man!

Did they smell like cigarette smoke?
Or does he include air fresheners now?

*snicker*
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:49:40 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2012, 11:03:29 PM »

They did smell like smoke, but I was aware of this, thanks to the previous transaction where someone was disgruntled by it, and made the purchase knowing this.  I also firmly believe it is an easy mistake, if someone has not been in the business of selling items very often.  I only started putting smoke free household in my auctions on ebay because I was told by a friend that it is a reassuring thing for some people, and gives them more confidence in bidding, otherwise I would not have known.  He was wise enough to put something down after someone complained, so at the very least I give him credit for that.  I also can see how the air freshener could be funny, but also how it could be something of a "well f you" sort of response as well.  It was an unfortunate misunderstanding, he learned from it, I say leave it at that..but then again thats just me..also...nice try hiding the snickers...YOU CANT HIDE CANDY FROM THE FAT GUY! NOM NOM NOM. 

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2012, 11:35:19 PM »

It's hard for me to escape smoke-smell myself, my dad is worse than a goddamn chimney in Winter.  So I'm happy I got no complaints, sorry if there was a scent.  Esentially only a few zones of my house are smoke-free...my room and my study. =/

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2012, 12:35:27 AM »

Bought Arc Rise Fantasia OST from Aurian. Awesome condition! 10/10. Good stuff :3

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »

Got quite a few anime DVD's from Klyde, super fast shipping, in great shape and awesome deal!! AAA+++ all around.

Everything's Eventual
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2012, 11:21:17 AM »

It's hard for me to escape smoke-smell myself, my dad is worse than a goddamn chimney in Winter.  So I'm happy I got no complaints, sorry if there was a scent.  Esentially only a few zones of my house are smoke-free...my room and my study. =/

There was a minor smell, but it wasn't big enough for me to complain about.  It will fade with time.
Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2012, 12:40:18 PM »

There was a minor smell, but it wasn't big enough for me to complain about.  It will fade with time.

Same, it was too small to really be disturbing. Plus, the books are so awesome that it only took a few seconds to stop thinking about it :P But yeah, seriously, it was barely noticeable.

I have fury!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2012, 03:32:16 PM »

Bought Arc Rise Fantasia OST from Aurian. Awesome condition! 10/10. Good stuff :3

I am glad it arrived safe and sound and you're happy :)
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2012, 03:31:43 PM »

Bought a few more things off of Klyde, as before, super fast shipping, superb deal, awesome packing for safe delivery! Only regret is he doesn't have more stuff for sale so I can give him more money, lol.

Everything's Eventual
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2012, 06:06:48 PM »

Bytor is putting our kids through college!
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »

Hey, dem kids need sum educatin'

Everything's Eventual
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2012, 07:40:15 PM »

I recently bought items from Klyde Chroma and Dice, and everything arrived in excellent condition right around when I expected.  Both were super classy and understanding when I asked for delays in sending due to a recent change of address and my bank being suspicious of PayPal.  A++ would buy from again. 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: