Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 10:33:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319286 Posts in 13036 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Last Window, sequel to Hotel Dusk, out in EU
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Last Window, sequel to Hotel Dusk, out in EU  (Read 2626 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2010, 06:39:12 AM »

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/nds/last_window_the_secret_of_cape_west_18683.html

I'm really surprised nobody else noticed/talked about this. I absolutely loved Hotel Dusk, and words cannot describe the hatred I have for you folks in EU territory right now.

Time to import!
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 06:40:59 AM »

I was really hoping this would release in the US.  The most recent Cing release we got, AGAIN, was disappointing.  I was hoping to see Cing out with a bang rather than a whimper.  They were a fine company.

I approve of this nonsense!
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 10:52:50 PM »

Hotel Dusk is great, and it really does have one of the better lead characters and plots around. Was one of the first games I've covered for the site too so that brings back memories. I just didn't like some of the mini games on it, but otherwise, it was a great experience. Grats on Europe getting the sequel, and would like to import it, but I wonder if there are any name changes done in the first game, and got applied to the sequel.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 04:41:43 AM »

It would be a shame if we miss out on this great sequel.

Currently playing: Dark Souls II (PS3)
Waiting on: Drakengard 3, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM »

Well, I broke down and said "Screw NOA" and went to play-asia and bought the European version for $42.50.  It was shipped today :)

Hotel Dusk is a sleeper gem.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »

This game was everything detective drama/mysteries should be.  It has *ever single element* of one.
Money, abandoned parts, ex-cops, betrayal, some sweetheart, and last but not least, the "unsolved case" that always happens in these.  Despite the stereotypes, I thought it was super well done.

My only gripe with the series is it's focus more on dialogue than puzzles.  Moreover, the focus on daily tasks as the first few puzzles or some other tedious problem, and the actual "mystery puzzles" being saved for later.

I'm so sad CING is gone...

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 04:13:15 PM »

Yeah, they were a good company.  Too bad I can't get Disaster: Day of Crisis on the Wii since its region locked :(

Damn you Regigie and saying that game is not good to you!!!! Think of those stupid bargin bin games!!!!!

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 07:28:46 PM »

Played it and loved it, though I think the translation wasn't as good as the one we got for the first one. Hyde came off as much less of an asshole in this one, though I suppose you can attribute that to Mila mellowing him out a bit. When I heard about the changes they had made to the dialogue (Being able to release certain lines of questioning), I thought it would've been more like having 5 choices, and you have to decide which ones are superfluous, rather than having those situations where you shouldn't choose either of two choices. It would've made for a lot more logic puzzles in the dialogue, which is why I especially loved the
Code:
Frank Raver interrogation
near the end of the game.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:31:40 PM by Hathen » Logged
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 07:34:45 PM »

Played it and loved it, though I think the translation wasn't as good as the one we got for the first one. Hyde came off as much less of an asshole in this one, though I suppose you can attribute that to Mila mellowing him out a bit. When I heard about the changes they had made to the dialogue (Being able to release certain lines of questioning), I thought it would've been more like having 5 choices, and you have to decide which ones are superfluous, rather than having those situations where you shouldn't choose either of two choices. It would've made for a lot more logic puzzles in the dialogue, which is why I especially loved the
Code:
Frank Raver interrogation
near the end of the game.

Ooo, good call, I loved that ending interrogation, the whole night gave me chills.
I especially loved...
the speak-easy you find in the elevator
[/color].

I never got sick of the portraits, they're amazing to look at.  And I liked the cafe owner, he was a good guy!

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »

I downloaded the soundtrack somebody ripped, it sounds amazing, even though some of the music from Hotel Dusk is reused. The soundtrack from both are some of the best music i've heard on a handheld. I listened to the whole soundtrack when it was raining all day. Had a nice element to it...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 08:02:25 PM »

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/yluj/images/room/wallpapers/lw_wallpaper4_6.jpg

This wallpaper makes me wish about a short-anime series of the game with this style. Could be pretty awesome.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 08:18:58 PM »

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/yluj/images/room/wallpapers/lw_wallpaper4_6.jpg

This wallpaper makes me wish about a short-anime series of the game with this style. Could be pretty awesome.

Looking at it now, I wish some people had more screen time...
I miss this game.

Some games get too many sequels...and some... well, I think you know...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: