Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 08:54:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337893 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Most anticipated RPGs on Nintendo 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Most anticipated RPGs on Nintendo 3DS  (Read 6906 times)
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2011, 09:59:13 PM »

So what are your most anticipated RPG on Nintendo 3DS?

So far there aren't that many announced but I must admit that Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance already got me by the feelings. I can't wait to see this game with real 3D effects.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »

There's only been two announced so far, hasn't there?

Kingdom Hearts and Devil Survivor.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 10:17:55 PM »

Hm suppose we'l have 2D titles in 3D?  Like think FF6 where the magitek and spells stand out further from the ground.
Food for thought.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 10:20:24 PM »

I'd like to play a redone Ocarina...

but I really think the control on this thing will be like trying to use a turd to make a put on a green
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 10:43:57 PM »

None of them
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 10:47:09 PM »

but I really think the control on this thing will be like trying to use a turd to make a put on a green

Are you talking about the analog? All the impressions I've read have been really positive.

I'm looking forward to play Ocarina of Time on the 3DS. I haven't played it since I was a teenager.

Even though I've played Devil Survivor at least 4 times, I'll probably buy Overclocked when the price gets lower. It's one of my favorite DS games.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 11:18:51 PM »

Are you talking about the analog? All the impressions I've read have been really positive.

I'm looking forward to play Ocarina of Time on the 3DS. I haven't played it since I was a teenager.

Even though I've played Devil Survivor at least 4 times, I'll probably buy Overclocked when the price gets lower. It's one of my favorite DS games.

I'm just sore over the fact that there's little reason they didn't include another analog.

Playing these games is going to be just like the N64 controller. Analog to move the camera and the buttons on the right to move in the world.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 11:46:50 PM »

I'm just sore over the fact that there's little reason they didn't include another analog.

Playing these games is going to be just like the N64 controller. Analog to move the camera and the buttons on the right to move in the world.

I think it depends on the game. I know that for Resident Evil:Revelations movement was done with the analog. I'm not sure how camera adjusting was handled though. Who knows maybe they'll add another analog down the line, but typically Nintendo controllers have only had one analog stick. I've never felt like this was a problem, though. Playing Metroid Prime on the GC controller worked fine.

"Oh, a hunter..."
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 03:39:32 AM »

Paper Mario and Kingdom Hearts 3D. Actually along with Layton vs. Wright and Resident Evil: Revelations that's all I'm excited for on right now on 3DS, but I'm keeping an eye on MML3 too.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:49:01 AM by jj984jj » Logged
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 02:04:25 PM »

I'm with jj - Paper Mario & KH 3D.  Got me a 3DS pre-ordered... I just wish one of those games was going to make launch.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 07:26:26 PM »

Time Travelers from Level 5 looks as if it could be interesting, but I don't really know much so far. There's a decent amount of stuff I'm interested in for the system, I'll just have to see how long it'll take for us to get most of it, or at least stuff like Paper Mario.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 07:31:39 PM »

the inevitable lettered SRW. though personally i think OG3 is long overdue.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 02:17:42 PM »

Heck no, did you play Metroid Prime: Hunters?  The touch screen functions as a right analog stick would.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 02:42:14 PM »

As with Tooker and jj, I'm looking forward to Paper Mario and Kingdom Hearts 3D. But, deep down, I'm also hoping we'll get the Tales of the Abyss port/remake/whatever. Oh, and Shin Megami Tensei and Etrian Odyssey!

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
RpgN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 02:58:20 PM »

Looking very much forward to Paper Mario and Tales of Abyss depending on wether we will get the means to play it (brought over to EU or 3DS being hacked for free region lock).

KH 3D looked  fine gameplay-wise but I'm tired that they keep re-using assets, I hope we'll get to see more new stuff added. I own Devil Survivor on DS and finished Zelda OOT on the gamecube, so no interest there.

I come in peace :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: