Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 08:16:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331846 Posts in 13588 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Most anticipated RPGs on Nintendo 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Most anticipated RPGs on Nintendo 3DS  (Read 6624 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 08:42:50 PM »

It's worth remembering that some of these titles are pretty much just publishers saying 'so it'd be kind of neat if we made this sometime', probably to look like they're fully onboard when really they don't have much planned. It's entirely possible that you'll wait years before seeing an actual release, and it likely wasn't whatever they were seriously thinking of at the announcement (see: Persona PSP).
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 11:12:39 PM »

Hey guys, let's not forget there's a full remake of Eternal Eden coming on the Nintendo 3DS, which is fully set in a 3D environment

and there's also a new expansion coming on PC shortly:

Remember that it's everyone's support and encouragement that will allow a brand new RPG developer to come in this market :D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 11:17:17 PM by blackthirteen » Logged
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 11:20:00 PM »

I've never heard of Eternal Eden... but after looking it up, I kind of want this now.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 01:19:31 AM »

Preordered my copy of Ghost Recon today and realized the system's barely over a week from launch.  Starting to get jazzed about this thing. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 01:21:47 AM »

Preordered my copy of Ghost Recon today and realized the system's barely over a week from launch.  Starting to get jazzed about this thing. :)

You're going to review that right? I have a bit of an off-topic question about reviewing by staff-members. Is this your actual job or just something you guys do on the side?

On a topic-related note, who's reviewing Devil Survivor Overclocked?

MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 11:46:58 AM »

Are any of these even launch titles? I still don't see the point of getting this thing yet, especially with 2 hours per recharge on the battery

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2011, 01:56:41 PM »

You're going to review that right? I have a bit of an off-topic question about reviewing by staff-members. Is this your actual job or just something you guys do on the side?

Yep, I'm reviewing Ghost Recon.  Couldn't resist the idea of legitimately reviewing a Tom Clancy game for the site. :)  As for DSO, we don't have anyone signed up for it yet, but this staff loves it some DDS, so I'm guessing that when they announce a release date, there'll be a fight over who gets to review it.

As for your staff question, this is just a volunteer thing we do in our "spare time."  We've all got standard jobs (or are looking for one).  I am a software consultant, so I travel all the time.  Playing portable games eats up a lot of airport/plane time, so reviewing them means I get to have some kind of result from my habit aside from memories. :)  We have all kinds of different folks in the staff - college students, teachers, one of us just started working for a law firm...  We do get free games sometimes, but we buy many of the games we review.

Oh, and Mind Candy - Ghost Recon's a launch title.  The launch lineup's... underwhelming, IMHO, but there will be more titles coming out over the next few months.  http://ds.gamespy.com/articles/115/1151297p1.html

—Kurt Vonnegut
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »

Yep, I'm reviewing Ghost Recon.  Couldn't resist the idea of legitimately reviewing a Tom Clancy game for the site. :)  As for DSO, we don't have anyone signed up for it yet, but this staff loves it some DDS, so I'm guessing that when they announce a release date, there'll be a fight over who gets to review it.

As for your staff question, this is just a volunteer thing we do in our "spare time."  We've all got standard jobs (or are looking for one).  I am a software consultant, so I travel all the time.  Playing portable games eats up a lot of airport/plane time, so reviewing them means I get to have some kind of result from my habit aside from memories. :)  We have all kinds of different folks in the staff - college students, teachers, one of us just started working for a law firm...  We do get free games sometimes, but we buy many of the games we review.

Oh, and Mind Candy - Ghost Recon's a launch title.  The launch lineup's... underwhelming, IMHO, but there will be more titles coming out over the next few months.  http://ds.gamespy.com/articles/115/1151297p1.html

If it will prevent deaths, I'll review DS:O.

(that was a joke please don't ban me)

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2011, 09:02:02 PM »

Haha - I know the smack's been laid down a time or two recently, but I can't see how that one would be worthy of any negative reaction. :)

Turns out that I was wrong - Stephen Meyerink was the first one to jump on DS:O, so any back alley brawls have already happened.  Everyone survived, which we're all happy about.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2011, 09:16:48 PM »

I nearly got a citation on the other forum I go to for making a mini-modding joke before, so I try to be careful...

And how does one submit a user review (If I don't review DS:O, no one else deserves too)?

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2011, 09:21:09 PM »

I don't think they do user reviews any more.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2011, 09:26:42 PM »

I don't think they do user reviews any more.

WHAT?

Well great, now what am I supposed to do after beating a game? Complain about it in an internet forum?

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 12:55:25 AM »

Yeah, at some point over the last few years, we discontinued user reviews.  You can still submit them at places like Metacritic, but from what I've seen, reviews there are supposed to be either "10!  This game is amazing - the other reviewers are idiots!"  Or "1!  This game is the worst thing ever - you can only change your character's hairstyle between 15 choices.  I only gave it a 1 because I can't give it a 0!" ;)

Seriously, we have hiring drives from time to time, so if you'd be interested in writing reviews regularly, we're not a closed circle... :)

—Kurt Vonnegut
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2011, 12:57:59 AM »

I'd love to write reviews, but I'm often behind the curve when it comes to gaming. And my user review for Eternal Sonata on the other forum I go to was fair... If not the most well written... When do you guys do hiring drives? And do you mind someone who tends to review games that are a few years old?

Edit: I feel like I'm selling myself here. I'll leave it, but I'm feeling kind of dick-ish for doing this...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:10:42 AM by Commander Jubby Shepard » Logged

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2011, 06:42:05 AM »

And do you mind someone who tends to review games that are a few years old?

I've seen recent GBA reviews up, so you shouldn't really worry about that.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: