Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2016, 09:54:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
246800 Posts in 7388 Topics by 2383 Members
Latest Member: xxkinsmanxx
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 648240 times)
EmeraldSword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4740 on: August 05, 2016, 12:55:42 PM »

Going to see Suicide Squad tonight with a bunch of pop-culture like-minded peeps. Should be fun. I've seen clickbait articles of critics circulating the net, bashing the movie, but meh, I'm still going because I can make up my own mind and enjoy watching good or bad movies with friends in any case.

Formerly OG, OrsonFury. Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. Looking forward to Grand Kingdom and Star Ocean 5.
Agent D.

Agent Bewear.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4741 on: August 07, 2016, 10:50:29 PM »

Suicide Squad was pretty good honestly. Alot of what's going around on the net is warranted, for sure, but it doesn't detract from the entertainment value of the flick. My biggest complaints are mostly about underutilization of the cast. As great as Will Smith is, the fact that he's a very B list supervillian and STILL is the star of the show is kind of annoying. They could have used a less famous (expensive) actor for deadshot and give the rest of the cast more use in the film. I mean, Slipknot gets almost no dialogue, Croc gets maybe 5 lines, Cpt. Boomerang gets a lot of dialogue but its mostly for humor (he's funny btw), Katana gets a bit of subtitled dialogue which is just a nuisance to me, and the enchantress...speaks jibberish the whole flick til the very end.

Harley Quinn is hands dowm my favorite part of this movie, and not just because she's a sight to behold (god she is gorgeous). At several points in the movie it felt vert much like she was straight out of Batman the animated series. She sounded like, looked like, and acted just like Harley Quinn should. Margot Robbie, 10 points for you, A++. Joker on the other hand...he's good, don't get me wrong, but Leto did his own joker. A comic fanboy will see many flaws in his approach to character, but even a regular fan will agree that he tried to channel too many character types for what is basically just a psycho. Won't spoil anything, but Joker has only one focus, and in this flick, he definitely had 2...it's not joker like.

My biggest grievance with the flick is Rick Flagg. He annoyed the shit out of me with his by-the-book character. He tried so hard to be basic that he ended up being really basic. He was supposed to be the main character but he ends up being overshadowed by pretty much everyone else with a higher pay grade. Hell even Scott Eastwood who did NOTHING AT ALL was more interesting.

Aside from the above whines and complaints, the movie was pretty good. Action was delivered, story was established, cameos were made, and Margot Robbie did make a 4 second appearance in the harlequin red and black jumpsuit. I'd watch it again for sure.

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4742 on: August 07, 2016, 11:21:06 PM »

Suicide Squad was pretty good honestly. Alot of what's going around on the net is warranted, for sure, but it doesn't detract from the entertainment value of the flick. My biggest complaints are mostly about underutilization of the cast. As great as Will Smith is, the fact that he's a very B list supervillian and STILL is the star of the show is kind of annoying. They could have used a less famous (expensive) actor for deadshot and give the rest of the cast more use in the film. I mean, Slipknot gets almost no dialogue, Croc gets maybe 5 lines, Cpt. Boomerang gets a lot of dialogue but its mostly for humor (he's funny btw), Katana gets a bit of subtitled dialogue which is just a nuisance to me, and the enchantress...speaks jibberish the whole flick til the very end.

Harley Quinn is hands dowm my favorite part of this movie, and not just because she's a sight to behold (god she is gorgeous). At several points in the movie it felt vert much like she was straight out of Batman the animated series. She sounded like, looked like, and acted just like Harley Quinn should. Margot Robbie, 10 points for you, A++. Joker on the other hand...he's good, don't get me wrong, but Leto did his own joker. A comic fanboy will see many flaws in his approach to character, but even a regular fan will agree that he tried to channel too many character types for what is basically just a psycho. Won't spoil anything, but Joker has only one focus, and in this flick, he definitely had 2...it's not joker like.

My biggest grievance with the flick is Rick Flagg. He annoyed the shit out of me with his by-the-book character. He tried so hard to be basic that he ended up being really basic. He was supposed to be the main character but he ends up being overshadowed by pretty much everyone else with a higher pay grade. Hell even Scott Eastwood who did NOTHING AT ALL was more interesting.

Aside from the above whines and complaints, the movie was pretty good. Action was delivered, story was established, cameos were made, and Margot Robbie did make a 4 second appearance in the harlequin red and black jumpsuit. I'd watch it again for sure.

To be fair to Killer Croc, how many lines does one need to say "I threw a rock!"?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4743 on: August 08, 2016, 02:48:41 AM »

My only objection to nu Ghostbusters is that I simply don't find any of those actresses funny.  I find them all obnoxious, and that's why I refuse to see that movie.

I just don't give money to remakes any more.

I saw Suicide Squad. Thought it wasn't bad. There's a kernel of a good movie in it. The second half is better than the first, and I liked the villain.

I wish they had kept more of the serious tone though.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4744 on: August 08, 2016, 03:12:08 PM »

As great as Will Smith is, the fact that he's a very B list supervillian and STILL is the star of the show is kind of annoying. They could have used a less famous (expensive) actor for deadshot and give the rest of the cast more use in the film.

They probably wanted his star power, since the majority of the cast is not as "big", and they were willing to give him substantial screen time (something he literally commands, and has turned down roles over) for it.
Arvis
Prudish Gerontophobe

Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4745 on: August 08, 2016, 03:59:40 PM »

they were willing to give him substantial screen time (something he literally commands, and has turned down roles over)

Which roles?

Current RPG - Valkyria Chronicles
Hathen
You think this would be funny?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4746 on: August 13, 2016, 11:12:51 AM »

I saw The BFG.

It was alright.

Maybe it's just the nostalgia but I feel like a lot of kid's movies can't really hit the right emotions for me anymore. I always preferred darker things like The Neverending Story or Don Bluth movies to the "brighter" Disney movies as a kid though. Well, then again, some of the early Disney movies had crazy shit in them too.
Starmongoose
Forum Moderator
Contributing Editor

I Mean Bismuth

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4747 on: August 13, 2016, 11:33:24 AM »

There was a BFG cartoon movie when I was a kid and I remember it being fairly dark. :P

Not seen the new movie though.

Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4748 on: August 15, 2016, 11:04:32 PM »

Miracle on 34th Street

Damn, that one hit right in the feels, I can't believe how good those old 40s/50s era Hollywood movies are, thinking about binging a bunch of them.
Tooker
Administrator

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: August 15, 2016, 11:31:16 PM »

Check out archive.org, if you haven't.  They have tons of movies available from back then that are out of copyright.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Agent D.

Agent Bewear.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4750 on: August 23, 2016, 09:02:00 AM »

Watched the killing joke last week, forgot to talk about it here. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are my favorite batsy and joker far and away, so them back in action always makes me happy. The batgirl dominated first half was not as godawful as some would make it out to be, but it was definitely a bit odd. The love story they were trying to put out felt weird (still better than twilight). The actual killing joke story was amazing though. I mean, I've read it a dozen times in anticipation if the movie, but on screen is just so much more vivid, AND they kept it on the less extreme side (slightly). Great way to blow a saturday, for sure. If you're any kind of Batman fan, you oughta watch this.

TASTY!
Hathen
You think this would be funny?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4751 on: August 23, 2016, 09:47:54 AM »

I haven't seen The Killing Joke, but the animation I saw in the trailers made the movie look really...low-effort, to say the least. The one I remember in particular was how in one of the trailers, Batman opens a door and the door opening had like, 3 frames of animation. Maybe that's a lot of hardcore nitpicking but I watch animated movies to see...animation.

I'm also not as surprised as I should be at the shoehorned love story because Bruce Timm was involved and he has some weird obsession with shipping Bruce Wayne and Barbara Gordon (also present in DCAU).

In other news, a family member took me to see Jason Bourne. Never saw the other ones, but based off this movie I'm not sure I ever should. It wasn't bad or anything, just totally forgettable. I always feel kinda bad for the stuntmen and CGI artists who spend their whole lives perfecting their skills and all that talent gets wasted in the service of completely nondescript movies which will be forgotten 5 minutes after you finish seeing them.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:49:26 AM by Hathen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: