Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 11:26:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341014 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 392893 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3975 on: December 15, 2014, 05:01:38 PM »

no zooey > all zooeys real or imagined, past present and future
How is it you and I argue so frequently? You rarely have a different opinion from me.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3976 on: December 15, 2014, 10:27:41 PM »

I thought Elf was pretty good, not the definitive Christmas movie that a lot of people think it is, but still an entertaining movie. Only thing I didn't like about it was the scene that did an especially good job at highlighting how freakin' creepy "Baby It's Cold Outside" really is.

That song is awful no matter who is singing it, or what the circumstances are.

Plus, Dark haired Zooey > blonde Zooey

I actually had no idea that was even Zooey in that movie. Damn. She looks good as a blonde but yeah, dark hair is better.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3977 on: December 18, 2014, 01:15:09 AM »

Hunger Games: Mocking Jay - Part 1

= What a title.

= How many times can we get Jen Lawrence to cry on camera: [*stopped counting at 10*]

= Peeta x Katniss are terribly uninteresting as far as their chemistry goes.  So how do we make it more uninteresting?  Let's make a good tenth of Katniss's dialogue of her saying/shouting/crying the name "Peeta"!! 
...What the fuck.  This girl.  This tough girl...  Literally every scene was about doing something for Peeta, thinking about Peeta, or crying for this blonde prig.  Maybe i'd buy into it more if their chemistry didn't feel so awkward, they're 'opposites attract' but I don't see the attraction working.

= You rarely see actresses deliberately age themselves up (rather, look their age without all the makeup, hair colouring, etc.) unless they're doing a period piece where, y'know, it doesn't exist yet.  Anyways, the point is, seeing Julianne Moore with grey/white hair was surprising.

=  The song Katniss sings was nice enough, but I liked that created a bit more variety to the music.  Which, for the most part, I like anyways.  It's a pretty nice and atmospheric score.

= There's some irony when Katniss can't do her 'rebel propaganda' films because it felt too Hollywood....  But it was a fun sub-plot for this film, this particular film, The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay - Part 1......

= Too little of Jenna Malone here

= Effie was wonderful as always! 

= So was Haymitch!

= Kudos to this Young-Adult for showing as much blood as it does.  It's not that-that much, but it does quite a bit.  But hey, this is the series that got a bunch of kids to kill each other in an arena too, so...

= For a movie about rebellion there was too little District Interaction, sights, or even POV from the Capitol at all.

= IIRC The Matrix had its last two films release within 6 months of each other....  Why is Part 2 for this taking 11 months???  I feel that's also bad for the heat of this series to maintain itself, this film was much more of a whimper than a bang to leave on a cliff hanger for.

= And on that, oh man, I have to be kind because this is a book split into two films, but it's really quiet and tame.  It's entertaining, for sure!  But it, much like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow before it, just don't have enough content to really fill itself out elegantly.  Is it work your time?  Yes!  Is it worth your money?  If Netflix subscription fees count.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3978 on: December 18, 2014, 01:45:59 PM »

Am I to understand that you said Deathly Hallows doesn't have enough content to fill itself out elegantly? If so, that's crazy talk because that book is the most satisfying conclusion to a major series that I've read. Did the movie-makers capture that magic? That's up to debate but there's certainly more than enough going on to fill up two movies.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3979 on: December 18, 2014, 01:52:10 PM »

Am I to understand that you said Deathly Hallows doesn't have enough content to fill itself out elegantly? If so, that's crazy talk because that book is the most satisfying conclusion to a major series that I've read. Did the movie-makers capture that magic? That's up to debate but there's certainly more than enough going on to fill up two movies.

I meant the first part of Dealthy Hallows (sorry, been a bit sick lately, and my head is full of dizziness to make proper posts).  I don't think there's much question that the first part of DH was slow, but funny enough, it would have been way over-stuffed if it wasn't two halves.  It just sucks that you do somewhat lose that 'three act structure' with these film halves it's kinda hard to help a little less "sound and fury" that the climax (ie Part 2) would have in store.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3980 on: December 18, 2014, 02:39:59 PM »

I hear you there but I kind of like the departure from the flow of a typical movie. Does everything need to be two parts? Hell naw.

Harry P and Katniss are doing a good job though. With the exception of the "hunks" everyone in Mockingjay gives a pretty good performance and I liked the note it ended on.

I have yet to see, for shits and giggles, the last Twilight movie. I've seen them all and loved to hate them so i'm intereted in seeing that train wreck
glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3981 on: December 18, 2014, 02:45:31 PM »

So, as I'm sure a lot of you have heard, the Interview (a movie about being sent to murder Kim Jung-Un) with Seth Rogan and James Franco just got pulled from theatres because of pressure from a few whack-jobs and assholes.  I probably would have gone to see it on Christmas had it actually come out, though I doubt it was any good.  But still, this kind of film being yanked from cinemas bothers me in some fundamental ways. 

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3982 on: December 18, 2014, 03:49:23 PM »

So, as I'm sure a lot of you have heard, the Interview (a movie about being sent to murder Kim Jung-Un) with Seth Rogan and James Franco just got pulled from theatres because of pressure from a few whack-jobs and assholes.  I probably would have gone to see it on Christmas had it actually come out, though I doubt it was any good.  But still, this kind of film being yanked from cinemas bothers me in some fundamental ways. 
Agreed, this whole situation seems so wrong. Granted the idea of the movie itself is fucked up, but to let a bunch of nutjobs with access to the internet make lame threats and force this is ridiculous.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3983 on: December 18, 2014, 08:04:04 PM »

Yeah, letting the unfounded threats of some anonymous source determine what is censored in this country sets a ridiculous precedent.

I was looking forward to the movie, because I'm one of the few that enjoyed Pineapple Express. Also it has Lizzy Caplan in it and I think she's awesome and cute.
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: