Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 01:00:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335181 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 290922 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3015 on: October 18, 2014, 09:19:22 PM »

Eh...I've heard legends of how annoying Naruto filler are, but honestly it's not like the show has some great narrative that filler would be interrupting for the most part, so I'm not really against watching the filler in "principle" or whatever. The one problem I do remember though, is that some of the filler actually ends up making the show/characters worse, so I'm a bit torn as to whether to follow those filler avoidance lists.

Like that whole bit right after Naruto learns the Rasengan about the nuke-nin who became a runner. So you're telling me that some random guy beating Sasuke causes Sasuke to angst moreso than the fact that Itachi completely handed his ass to him? And after that filler Sasuke's back in his hospital bed again with little to no explanation. What?

I am a bit curious what the original creator thinks of all the filler, if he considered them "canon" or whatever.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3016 on: October 18, 2014, 09:52:21 PM »

hahaha... ask Toriyama what he thinks of the Dragon Ball fillers...

They pretty much put a gun to his balls and told him to make 100 extra episodes.
I don't think anyone would take that well.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3017 on: October 19, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »

Fate/Stay was basically an exposition episode this week... Boo.  Also, form last week, why do people like Sakura?  She seems like a normal Japanese "Meri Su".  Also, for how lovely everything look, the wedge faces are driving me nuts.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:15:15 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3018 on: October 19, 2014, 02:34:39 PM »

Fate/Stay was basically an exposition episode this week... Boo.  Also, form last week, why do people like Sakura?  She seems like a normal Japanese "Meri Su".  Also, for how lovely everything look, the wedge faces are driving me nuts.

From what I've heard over the years, it probably has something to do with the third arc (especially since its mostly about her and the crap she ends up going through).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3019 on: October 19, 2014, 03:45:00 PM »

If you saw Fate Zero you should have some idea of the crazy shit Sakura is going through.  But yeah, you'll have to wait for the Heaven's Feel movie for the full story (or play the VN...).

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3020 on: October 19, 2014, 04:01:18 PM »

Yeah... Sakura has by far the worst childhood out of everyone.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3021 on: October 20, 2014, 05:32:07 PM »

So normally I would wait till tomorrow morning to post about this week's issue of Jump, but OMG this week. One Piece chapter 764 was absolutely amazing. Slightly advancing the Will of D. plot thread just the tiniest bit, adding some wonderful development for Corazon and his relationship with Law, and Donflamingo, he was barely in the chapter but that flashback within the flashback....wow, that is an interesting way to play this family. This would normally easily be chapter of the week by a wide margin....

But OMFG, World Trigger 79. This chapter is easily on par with some of the best fight chapters in One Piece. I can't gush over this enough. Everything in this war arc has been building to the moment where this chapter ends. Every action has had some kind of impact on how things are about to play out. This author has Oda levels of planning at least in the short term and mid term. The fight in this chapter is amazing. The build up to the final attacks that will be happening in the final seven seconds is great, and I cannot wait to see how this is going to play out. I have read this chapter 4 or 5 times already and I am going to read it at least once more today. The only bad thing about this chapter is that this week World Trigger was in the bottom three. I can only pray that it manages to get the votes it deserves for this chapter because it was incredible and I want to see where World Trigger can go if it can keep going for the next 5+ years.

As for other stuff. Bleach was stupid like always, Naruto was Naruto, Toriko was meh, and I have yet to read Nisekoi (75% chance though that I don't care for the chapter -_-). One Punch man had glorious art though!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3022 on: October 21, 2014, 09:10:53 AM »

Eh...I've heard legends of how annoying Naruto filler are, but honestly it's not like the show has some great narrative that filler would be interrupting for the most part, so I'm not really against watching the filler in "principle" or whatever. The one problem I do remember though, is that some of the filler actually ends up making the show/characters worse, so I'm a bit torn as to whether to follow those filler avoidance lists.

Like that whole bit right after Naruto learns the Rasengan about the nuke-nin who became a runner. So you're telling me that some random guy beating Sasuke causes Sasuke to angst moreso than the fact that Itachi completely handed his ass to him? And after that filler Sasuke's back in his hospital bed again with little to no explanation. What?

I am a bit curious what the original creator thinks of all the filler, if he considered them "canon" or whatever.

Well I skip filler because it's usually shit(I did watch a whole lot of them back when I started watching the show(at that point they were in the Hidan arc and I marathoned the whole thing until I was updated, then I started following the weekly episodes and eventually some random filler arc killed my interest for the series for a good while(like few years)), not because it's "non canon" or impure or whatever, I don't even read manga.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:16:07 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3023 on: October 24, 2014, 06:19:58 PM »

You know what Magi? F-you.
Yeah that's right, you heard me.

After an eternal arc in the past, you chain that to Hakuryu?
WTF is wrong with you?
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: