Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 03:24:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334713 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 376272 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3855 on: October 21, 2014, 12:59:16 PM »

Gone Girl is a fantastic movie. Great soundtrack and David Finchery to the max. Ben Affleck is perfect for the role and all the female characters are fantastic. Especially the detective and the sister. The sister is particularly Dicey

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3856 on: October 21, 2014, 02:42:17 PM »

Yeah! I thought of Dice when I saw her as well xD

Have you seen Gone Girl yet Dice? It's an awesome movie.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3857 on: October 21, 2014, 04:33:57 PM »

Pfft, big difference is I'm like a billion times cooler.

But I really want to see it, I'm definitely a David Finchy fan.  I  haven't seen a movie in months though besides catching up on old flicks (several of which I neglected to write baout here).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3858 on: October 21, 2014, 08:19:40 PM »

That character is so Dice.

Not even in the looks
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3859 on: October 22, 2014, 03:40:10 PM »

The Purge - For 12 hours a year, all violent crime, including murder, is legal.
Not bad. Interesting idea/plot. Pretty short film overall, but then it's only supposed to take place over 12 hours. Kinda lame how the last 10 minutes or so of the film are given away VERY early on. Saw it coming a mile away.
The long-haired crazy kid definitely needed more screen time. Don't want to say too much else about the plot, in case there are some who have yet to see it. With a film like this, it's too easy to say too much.
I'd say if you are a fan of this type of film, it's worth a watch. It doesn't do anything amazing or groundbreaking, though.

We seem to have Scarlett playing an alien impersonating a human, and going after men for some unexplained reason. This is enveloped by some beautiful scenery, and very moody atmosphere, which do nothing to save it from the lack of story. I simply didn't care about anything happening on screen.

Sounds oddly familiar...

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:44:19 PM by natros » Logged
glassjawsh
insolent cur

This tomb will be your grave

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3860 on: October 22, 2014, 03:57:07 PM »

Cockneys vs Zombies

My girlfriend and I decided to play this on mute during our housewarming party last weekend.

A good 20 minutes of it takes place in an old folks home.  It made for a great conversation starter.

Here is everything else you need to know about this wonderfully stupid.

Tremendous
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:00:44 PM by glassjawsh » Logged

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3861 on: October 22, 2014, 04:44:59 PM »

The Purge - For 12 hours a year, all violent crime, including murder, is legal.
Not bad. Interesting idea/plot. Pretty short film overall, but then it's only supposed to take place over 12 hours. Kinda lame how the last 10 minutes or so of the film are given away VERY early on. Saw it coming a mile away.
The long-haired crazy kid definitely needed more screen time. Don't want to say too much else about the plot, in case there are some who have yet to see it. With a film like this, it's too easy to say too much.
I'd say if you are a fan of this type of film, it's worth a watch. It doesn't do anything amazing or groundbreaking, though.

Yeah, I watched The Purge recently as well. It wasn't that great of a movie, due to some contrived sequences. It was still a decent home invasion flik, though
Code:
Why the hell would the kid have the code?! Has nothing like this ever happened before in all the years the purge has been happening? Hard to believe. Then we have the boyfriend situation. He wants to kill the girls dad just because he doesn't want her to date creepy older guys? That's nuts.
The nutjob "kids" in the movie that invade their home: How are they able to lead normal lives the rest of the year? You can't be that crazy one night, and be an upstanding citizen the next 364. No way.
The movie was pretty disturbing from a home invasion standpoint. And just thinking about something like The Purge actually happening makes for an interesting conversation. I think most people wouldn't participate at all. But how many nutters are out there that actually would? I don't really know, but it's scares that there are those that would.
I actually DO want to see Anarchy, just to see the street viewpoint of it all.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: