Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back

Der Jermeister

• The Angry Videogame Fur
    • View Profile
Re: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« Reply #4995 on: July 19, 2017, 06:13:49 PM »
Saw the live-action version of Beauty and the Beast. Sort of unnecessary, but decent nonetheless. I liked the direction it took with its casting and acting, with a combo of stereotypical-sounding French characters and neutral-sounding characters still indicative of its setting, something I wish Personas 3-5 did with their voicework so the acting didn't sound completely race-lifted (hey, this is an RPG site, so...).

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: July 26, 2017, 06:42:05 PM »
Saw Spiderman: Homecoming while on vacation. It was fun, and enjoyable, but it isn't hard to see how Spidey's fortunes have changed since the start of the MCU. Once he was the most popular Marvel character, and arguably even more popular than Batman and Superman, but now he has to be awesome just to hang out with the Avengers, otherwise he gets yelled at and ignored. The action was also a little hard to follow. I still think the first and second Spiderman movies with Tobey Maguire are the best, but I think Spiderman: Homecoming comes in third place. Even though I think Andrew Garfield was probably the best casting choice for the character to date, the Amazing Spiderman movies were mostly garbage.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: July 31, 2017, 01:55:14 AM »
Saw Spider-Man, too, and had a great time with it. Nothing else to say really, so I'll just post the song that was stuck in my head on the how from the theaters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZGN9fZvQhc

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: September 11, 2017, 08:12:09 AM »
I saw Dunkirk a few weeks back. I thought it was good, but at times a bit disorienting.

Also saw the new It a few days ago. Some really good performances from the young actors (I haven't watched Stranger Things so I'm not familiar with any of them), but the movie was just kinda "meh" overall for me. The discussion I've seen generated as a result of is a nice reminder of how fucking weird Stephen King's writing is, though.

Artimicia

• View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: September 14, 2017, 05:08:55 AM »
Ok I finally watched the mummy as I said the last of the two movies I'll ever watch going forward (old movies are ok)

But yeah I kinda knew why... this was going to be a weird experience.

So basically it boils down to Tom Cruise and his whole career IMO, which of course has had some pretty great moments. A Few Good Men, the Mission Impossibles, quite honestly, and dozens of other things.

However, at the end of the day, he's still just all around carefree Americana which is nice, I like that about him and everyone else has. Heck even the Jack Reacher series was pretty entertaining.

So when he gets caught up in the whole egypt and England and everything and he's all "Wait leave me out of this!" It's a pretty great thing, but that said... well spoilers..

Yeah he picks the dumb blonde aryan bitch, in the end, over a genuine Egyptian goddess.

And that seems to be the choice of most Americans these days, quite a tragedy, really, but whatever, their adults and free to make their own choices... quite honestly he should of been ecstatic to see her drowning, I know I was.

Also as far as value goes it's sadly a bit limited, the psychotically racist/extremist arch New Zealand English dickus villain Russel Crowe, who's rampaging homoerotic overtones were certainly noted in this movie, somehow manages to "survive" and so then the fact that dumb blonde german aryan bitch cunt survives along with Anglo-Saxon fuckwad while yet more Middle Eastern culture is brutalized for no particular reason strikes me as well..

Yeah, fuck this shit, I was already on the way out before these things, and I'm glad this movie was made and had some value, but it's pretty much the sine qua non of all that's fucked in modern America.

But hey, there's one more, which is the ultimate expression of American fuckery, Transformers: The Last White, which I will be enjoying hopefully sooner rather than later...

"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.