Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 583830 times)

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4035 on: November 25, 2016, 09:13:38 AM »
Already calling it on this iteration of Histoire being the go-to "Magical Girl in the form of a child AI"
My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: November 26, 2016, 03:16:54 AM »
Finally found Kara no Kyokai and had a few days off so I binged movies 1-7 and the epilogue. Ufotable and Kajiura, how can you go wrong?

I actually haven't watched any Fate series yet.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: November 26, 2016, 10:30:21 AM »

Just don't get discouraged if you start with the first one.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: November 28, 2016, 03:30:38 AM »

Just don't get discouraged if you start with the first one.

I watched the 1st 4 of Fate/Zero and kind of got bored and shelved it. Maybe I'll try again.

thetrueelec

• View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: November 28, 2016, 06:01:48 AM »
Fate/Zero takes five episodes to get really good, the first four are mostly set up, I highly recommend it.

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: November 28, 2016, 08:24:56 PM »
Panty & Stockings news if Forthcumming. I'd use a less obvious-try-hard joke there, but at least that fits with the humor I saw the last time I watched that show...

Code Geass is getting resurrected both figuratively and very literally.

And oh, hey, Digimon Tri is still on-going. I knew it was more than just 3 films. It's 6 films. I guess I'll continue waiting (and sporadically rewatching the old series during the interum).

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: November 29, 2016, 08:40:14 AM »
Code Geass is getting resurrected both figuratively and very literally.

They better not ruin one of the best (the best?) anime ending of all time with that sequel =/
Although it's the perfect time to do THIS -> http://i.imgur.com/wcJYAYn.jpg

And oh, hey, Digimon Tri is still on-going. I knew it was more than just 3 films. It's 6 films. I guess I'll continue waiting (and sporadically rewatching the old series during the interum).

Not surprised. That last movie brought in way more questions than answers. At least we'll be getting them this time around (hopefully).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:57:17 AM by Annubis »

Hathen

• You think this would be funny?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: November 29, 2016, 10:05:33 AM »
For me, they can't really "ruin" Code Geass any more than what S2 in its entirety did (I mean, Code Geass was always kinda wacky but S2 really took the cake). I might've considered the ending meaningful if they didn't engage in absurdity from start to finish, otherwise I'll stick to reading Watchmen again or something.

Still haven't watched movie 3 of Digimon Tri myself. I should get around to that.

Artimicia

• View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: November 29, 2016, 02:03:48 PM »
Code Geass as a whole was really too over the top for my tastes, to be honest. I didn't really make a distinction between S1 and S2 in that regard.

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: November 29, 2016, 06:47:42 PM »
I actually thought the over-the-top-ness of Code Geass was the series' charm. At the very least, I knew going in that I shouldn't expect any seriously good storytelling from it. I was pleased.

Oh hey, who here liked Blood Blockade Battlefront? Because it's your birthday!

Or not. It kinda depends on how much of an effect the staff change has on the overall quality of the show. But hey, at least it's getting a second chance!

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes