Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4500 on: June 23, 2017, 11:20:07 AM »
LN anime are usually to sell the LN so you'll get the start of the story but that's about it.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: June 23, 2017, 12:09:35 PM »
Unless the property is really popular, in which case you'll keep getting more and more, even if you don't want to. This scenario is called 'Sword Art Online'.

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: June 23, 2017, 01:29:29 PM »
Or the Monogatari series, which seems hell bent to animate every single light novel to the most mundane side chapter.

edit: I love me some Monogatari , but that series should have been put to rest some time ago.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 01:33:59 PM by Chronix112 »

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: June 23, 2017, 03:03:54 PM »
I wish the Haruhi Suzumiya series would get Monogatari'd.
Current RPG - NieR: Automata, Final Fantasy XIII

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: June 23, 2017, 03:12:49 PM »
I wish the Haruhi Suzumiya series would get Monogatari'd.

Yeah, no. Unfortunately, we've already seen most of what Haruhi had to offer with the first season of the anime, as the rest of the LNs sounded more like what the second season provided (i.e. the non-Haruhi members getting into weird situations like Endless Eight while Haruhi herself becomes more of a plot device, a walking Deus Ex Machina if you will).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: June 23, 2017, 03:26:50 PM »
Nah, those LNs were great.  Haruhi and Kyon have one of my favorite friendship/relationships I have ever experienced in fiction, even if its not portrayed all that well at times.

She's definitely a plot device, yes.  But she never stops being a great character.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: June 23, 2017, 03:31:09 PM »
Yeah, no. Unfortunately, we've already seen most of what Haruhi had to offer with the first season of the anime, as the rest of the LNs sounded more like what the second season provided (i.e. the non-Haruhi members getting into weird situations like Endless Eight while Haruhi herself becomes more of a plot device, a walking Deus Ex Machina if you will).

Can't say I agree with that.  And Endless Eight aside (which got way more time in the anime than the original novels...), I did like S2 anyway.

The main reason we haven't gotten more Haruhi is because of controversies around Aya Hirano (Haruhi's VA).  Sad but true.  And it's hard to imagine anyone else voicing Haruhi at this point...

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: June 23, 2017, 04:06:29 PM »
Makes no difference to me.  Wendee Lee is my Haruhi.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: June 23, 2017, 04:48:48 PM »
Twelve Kingdoms sounds like a story I would like. I love the concept of being transported to another world, but I prefer it when it's used more present a fish-out-of-water situation for the protagonist, or just to present an interesting world to explore.

The 12 Kingdoms is one of my top 10 fav series. Its fantastic. Just don't watch the dub.

I didn't like Now and There, Here and There so much because I hated the MC.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 04:50:56 PM by Rook »

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: June 23, 2017, 06:02:15 PM »
Now and Then, Here and There was horribly uncomfortable for me to watch, and I can't even fathom how you guys made it past episode 2. That's one of those series where the shock value alone makes it a hateable series, yet people keep talking about it like it's some grand achievement of humanity or something. I'm pretty sure I could turn on the news and find 5 more "grand achievements" going on in the world right now if that were the case. Seriously, all I saw was horrible things happening to young people for no good reason. I don't care if it has some deeper meaning going on underneath it all, I don't need to be shown that level of depravity ever in my life. Period.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:04:52 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: June 23, 2017, 06:41:27 PM »
So apparently Tite Kubo said in an interview a few days ago that he lost most of his notes for Bleach, particularly those that covered the latter half of the series. He wasn't able to remember what he had written once he got to that point, so he had to wing it. Kind of a poor excuse, but it does make a bit of sense considering how bad the latter half of the series was.
While I am willing t believe that that did happen, there were a lot more reasons why the ending of Bleach was bad. Although I am curious, do you know if he said when he lost them?

I would guess around the start of the Soul Society Arc.

Actually, he apparently lost them before the series even started. I understand that manga authors have very busy schedules once a series gets going, but one would think he'd have had the time to actually, you know, come up with something else before getting to the latter chapters in the series.

Here's a link: http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/06/19/bleach-plot-holes/

Artimicia

• View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: Yesterday at 04:11:24 AM »
Everyone's watched Kiki's Delivery Service right?

Cause that's a mega classic...

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: Yesterday at 10:54:37 AM »
Now and Then, Here and There was horribly uncomfortable for me to watch, and I can't even fathom how you guys made it past episode 2. That's one of those series where the shock value alone makes it a hateable series, yet people keep talking about it like it's some grand achievement of humanity or something. I'm pretty sure I could turn on the news and find 5 more "grand achievements" going on in the world right now if that were the case. Seriously, all I saw was horrible things happening to young people for no good reason. I don't care if it has some deeper meaning going on underneath it all, I don't need to be shown that level of depravity ever in my life. Period.

Its been years since I saw the series but the whole
Spoiler: show
 "so you were repeatedly raped and got pregnant, well just suck it up, smile and don't be such be a downer" was needless to say, worse than nauseating. I really didn't like Chu from the start but after that whole episode I wanted Sara (I think that was her name) to repeatedly stab him in the face