Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2015, 12:01:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
355994 Posts in 14459 Topics by 2262 Members
Latest Member: Yoru
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 364800 times)
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3255 on: May 27, 2015, 01:09:55 AM »

Is the show good?

I won't lie I might have to buy a figure of MC even if it isn't... I'd love a fig of girl a musical horn. :D

Given that I'm only watching 4 anime this season and that it made the cut, I think it's a pretty solid anime.
Others being: Yamada and the 13 witches, FSN UBW & Ghost in the Shell Arise (which isn't that great actually...)

Then again, the show may be more entertaining to me because I have an orchestra background (played violin for 15 years; 5 of those as part of a school orchestra)
So the show definitively hits home with me.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3256 on: May 27, 2015, 04:24:28 AM »

Is the show good?

I won't lie I might have to buy a figure of MC even if it isn't... I'd love a fig of girl a musical horn. :D

For another perspective I was completely bored by the first ep and never gave it a second.  Even KyoAni couldn't save this one for me.  But then I kind of hate yuri so...

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3257 on: May 27, 2015, 06:40:16 AM »

Finished rewatching Gundam Wing over the weekend. Was better than I was dreading it was going to be. Weird thing, the Mobile Doll plot line is a lot more relevant now than it was back in the 90s. The series does have some problems though, such as overusing the plot point of a group within a group plotting a rebellion. But I am glad that I rewatched it finally.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3258 on: May 27, 2015, 07:44:42 AM »

Is the show good?

For another perspective I was completely bored by the first ep and never gave it a second.  Even KyoAni couldn't save this one for me.  But then I kind of hate yuri so...

And yet you like Kancollie?

But then, I can't entirely blame you for that perspective either. After all, most of the time I see Yuri come up in an anime/manga/video game, its typically handled pretty badly (maybe not Yaoi levels of bad, but when FFXIII-1 is considered a high water mark and crap like Sakura Trick exists; yeah).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3259 on: May 27, 2015, 08:08:11 AM »

Just to be clear, there's almost no yuri for the most part.
Just that through some weird twist of fate, two girls end up going on a date together in ep.7 and then they lay it up pretty heavily.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3260 on: May 27, 2015, 08:19:03 AM »

Finished rewatching Gundam Wing over the weekend. Was better than I was dreading it was going to be. Weird thing, the Mobile Doll plot line is a lot more relevant now than it was back in the 90s. The series does have some problems though, such as overusing the plot point of a group within a group plotting a rebellion. But I am glad that I rewatched it finally.

I actually found the biggest problems with Wing to be the characters and some inconsistancies that I don't specifically remember at the moment. The characters were pretty much all crazy, to put it bluntly. Even a lot of the side characters. I mean, Duo was the sanest character in the entire series, and even he had is moments where he laughs in the face of logic...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3261 on: May 27, 2015, 03:47:44 PM »

I actually found the biggest problems with Wing to be the characters and some inconsistancies that I don't specifically remember at the moment. The characters were pretty much all crazy, to put it bluntly. Even a lot of the side characters. I mean, Duo was the sanest character in the entire series, and even he had is moments where he laughs in the face of logic...

All I remember of Wing was that Leos were walking coffins, anytime Heero Yuu declared that he was going to kill someone meant that said person was being given enough plot armor to make them effectively immortal, and conversely anytime someone shouted "Its A GUNDAM!" meant that said shouter was not long for this world, that Noin was essentially the show's top pilot given that she could keep up with the Wing Boys in a fucking Taurus (and whatever grunt suit she got saddled with before that) and Wei-fu's Dragon Gundam was stupid due to completely forgetting about space being a goddamn vacuum (and that he was obsessed with both his dead wife and being a massive tool).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3262 on: May 27, 2015, 05:05:39 PM »

And yet you like Kancollie?

KanColle ain't yuri.

I guess I can kind of see why you might think that if you've only seen the anime but the game (which is where my interest comes from...the anime was kind of terrible) really isn't like that.  OK, so stuff like the Kitakami-Ooi thing isn't completely invented.  It's there to some degree but a hell of a lot more subtle.  The anime massively over-emphasized it.  Then it gave those two characters a rather large amount of screen time to boot.

But that's the thing about KanColle.  There are enough characters and variety you can find pretty much whatever you're looking for in it.  And you can pretty clearly see what the anime director was looking for.  Honestly the anime kind of feels like a bad doujin.

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3263 on: May 27, 2015, 08:14:59 PM »

Actually... I said episode 7 and I meant 8...
Ooops
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: