Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4860 on: Yesterday at 07:04:22 PM »
Then again, winter season usually has the most surprises, so we'll see.

I did some digging around, and it looks like Dororo actually seems like it might be more interesting than I initially thought. I figured it was an aaction/horror series (or at least a creepy supernatural thriller), but between the author of the original manga being the Father of Anime himself, and Studio MAPPA/Tezuka Productions being at the helm (both of which have put out largely stellar modern interpretations of classic anime & Manga), as well as the examples I've seen of how they're tighting up some of the more archaic parts of the original story, I think this might be a pretty safe bet as the new season anime I'll enjoy.

With that said, it's an Amazon exclusive, as many of Tezuka Production's anime have been lately, so it'll probably be a while before I get around to watching it. Still, I wanted to bring it up since I didn't see anyone else here mentioning it.

Oh, and I guess I'll be keeping an eye on Shield Hero. It does look like it's putting more effort into its plot, characters, and world building than your average Isekai anime, but I'm honestly more concerned with whether or not the ending will be satisfying. My biggest problem with any anime adaption is that there's always the possibility that they'll stop at an unsatisfactory point and I'll have to switch to the source material if I want more, but I'm sure as heck not gonna go from the multi-layer experience than an animated series can provide to the pure text of a Light Novel. It could be the best story in the world, and it still wouldn't have nearly the same level of impact for me.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: Yesterday at 07:15:48 PM »
A~hem...

And maybe to see how they'll choose to end this version of Madara/Dororo/whatever.

As for Shield Hero, let me know when you get to the part where a woman is beaten, has her name legally changed to Fuck Whore, and sold to Jabba the Hut as a sex slave, all for accusing the Shield Douche of raping her.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: Yesterday at 07:53:24 PM »
A~hem...

And maybe to see how they'll choose to end this version of Madara/Dororo/whatever.

As for Shield Hero, let me know when you get to the part where a woman is beaten, has her name legally changed to Fuck Whore, and sold to Jabba the Hut as a sex slave, all for accusing the Shield Douche of raping her.

1) I wasn't sure whether or not you were talking about something else since uh...you yourself didn't seem to be sure about the title? But still, good to know. Let me know what you think if/when you get around to it. I'll probably wait until March to watch it.

2) What? *Checks Wikia* Oh. Well, that killed my interest in Shield Hero in no time flat. Thanks. Goddamnit, that's like, the 5th webnovel that I've seen crosses that line, and SOA and Goblin Slayer both proved that there's no reason for the animators to sanitize those elements, so it's probably for the best that I just go back to ignoring Isekai stories of this ilk.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:27:22 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: Yesterday at 09:20:34 PM »

I'm pretty sure that won't be in the anime (either because they won't go all the way to that part of the story or because they aren't fucking stupid =/)
A lot of super toxic LN are better consumed as the manga or anime version simply because they remove the extreme ideas that the writers get.

Hell, the manga version of "Re:Monster" is hilarious because it's pretty much family friendly while the novel version is quite something.
Mad respect for the mangaka doing that one.

2) What? *Checks Wikia* Oh. Well, that killed my interest in Shield Hero in no time flat. Thanks. Goddamnit, that's like, the 5th webnovel that I've seen crosses that line, and SOA and Goblin Slayer both proved that there's no reason for the animators to sanitize those elements, so it's probably for the best that I just go back to ignoring Isekai stories of this ilk.

I mean, if you want to take a stance, that's fine and understandable but if it's just the event that's turning you off, like I said above, it's clearly going to be cleansed in the anime (should it even reach there and that will clearly need more than 1 season). Even the manga softened that whole part out because it's just... yeah.