Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 06:45:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327550 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 264027 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2865 on: July 26, 2014, 09:29:04 AM »

I guess in retrospect I didn't explain myself well enough. I kinda meant believability on the whole - setting, events, fights, characters, and story. Not sure why I said "Hard science fiction" though...Aura Battler Dunbine was fantasy and still managed to be believable for the most part. I just mean that I'm not ised to having to stretch my "suspension of disbelief" so far with mecha. I'm used to having characters who actions and growth make sense within the context of the setting and story. I'm used to battles having realistic tactics and limitations that stay consistant unless there's a really good explaination that effects all sides. And I'm used to the stories making at least some sense and don't spiral hopelessly out of control.

I know some older ones had some of these problems, too, but it just feels like there's been practically nothing in the last decade to off-set them outside of a few OVAs and Euraka Seven...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2866 on: July 27, 2014, 08:23:53 AM »

Ok, thanks for explaining. I disagree with you, but I realize that this really isn't something that I'll be able to convince you of. Side note, for realistic tactics and limitations that stay consistent totally check out World Trigger. It isn't a mech series, but it is great for tactical battles where every character on the battlefield are trying to think several moves ahead (and there is an upcoming anime!).

So spent yesterday rewatching Gundam Seed. Just a little past the halfway point. Woohoo!

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2867 on: July 27, 2014, 10:46:17 AM »

My whole body literally trembled with glee when they finally announced the World Trigger anime. Easily my most anicipated anime since Hunter X Hunter 2011. Fall can't come soon enough!

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2868 on: Today at 06:37:00 AM »

So been rereading Death Note recently. I have to say that on a second time through, the series feels a lot less impressive because for most of his plans, Light is constantly either f'ing up and getting extremely lucky that he isn't caught or pulling stuff out of his butt (the watch with the secret component being one of the worst examples).
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: