Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4590 on: August 14, 2017, 09:42:14 PM »
Another kinda newbie question for y'all, but... if I were to be interested in possibly checking out the FATE series', is there an order that would work best to view them in? Or at least one you'd recommend starting with before the others?

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: August 14, 2017, 11:46:40 PM »
I think I would recommend starting with the Unlimited Blade Works TV series (2014/2015).  Fate/Zero is a prequel so you could watch that first but it's the kind of prequel that I feel you would get more out of if you're already familiar with the main story.

Ignore the Studio Deen TV series.  It's not even worth watching at this point.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: August 15, 2017, 12:07:06 AM »
I think I would recommend starting with the Unlimited Blade Works TV series (2014/2015).  Fate/Zero is a prequel so you could watch that first but it's the kind of prequel that I feel you would get more out of if you're already familiar with the main story.

And once you're done with that, all that's left is to watch Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: August 15, 2017, 06:22:05 AM »

And once you're done with that, all that's left is to watch Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Carnival Phantasm.

Fixed that for you.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: August 15, 2017, 09:45:55 AM »

And once you're done with that, all that's left is to watch Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Carnival Phantasm.

Fixed that for you.

Not that I disagree (Carnaval Phantasm was great) but he'd need to either watch or play Tsukihime before that.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: August 15, 2017, 10:23:42 AM »

Fixed that for you.

Not that I disagree (Carnaval Phantasm was great) but he'd need to either watch or play Tsukihime before that.

True dat. I forgot about the whole Nasuverse thing it has going on. You're probably gonna want to bone up on that and and Kara no Kyoka (or whatever its called), which got an excellent set of movies, before taking a trip on Nasu's Wild Ride.

But then again, that's kinda the Nasuverse experience in a nutshell, one of these things will suck you in and then you're in for the long haul until you're so inundated by the in-jokes and callbacks that you're watching and quoting Carnival Phantasm (the alternative outcome is Battle Moon Wars). At least you don't need to mire yourself into Fate/Grand Order or the Imageepoch + successors games as CP/BMW predates those.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.