Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 11:32:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338435 Posts in 13854 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 127303 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1050 on: July 21, 2013, 11:26:54 PM »

I watched the first three episodes of the new Arrested Development season. I don't know if it was just me but I thought the first episode wasn't that great. In fact it was kind of bad. Thankfully the second and third episode pick themselves up. It is not as good as the previous seasons so far but I am just happy to be watching Arrested Development again. The show is up there with Father Ted as one of my favourite shows ever.

I couldn't get into the new season of AD... but Father Ted is amazing. Such a grand show. I love the way UK shows portray "weird" people. For instance that odd carnival they have on the island. A cat on a record player. A crane that lifts a couch. Etc.

Also the best episode:
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1051 on: July 22, 2013, 01:27:37 AM »

Been watching the newsroom's new season. First episode made a quick dig at SOPA which I enjoyed as they showed it EXACTLY for what it is. But it continued off pretty well from last season, though the opening obviously is further down the road since Will's being interviewed by lawyers  about spoilerific stuff. 

People give this show a bum rep, but I like it. Olivia Munn's so hot and she plays a financial nerd which is interesting. Emily Mortimer is the only MILF I find attractive, and then there's Allison Pill, who's such a dainty ditsy dweeb that tries so hard to do the right thing in her eyes, it makes her adorable. Then the guys...Jeff Daniels plays pompous smartass so amazingly well, but his big brother moments sell him most. He really is the tough guy with a soft spot in the show. Dev Patel as the nerd fits so well and helps estrange him from that INSUFFERABLE airbender movie, and now that they're doing the occupy wall street stuff in show  he's probably gonna see even more play in show. John Gallagher is competent but very...idk...out of place I'd say. Even his character shows how out of place he is. The fact that he's like 40% if what's going on at any time drives me nuts, but at least he tries hard.

Honestly,the show is great. Instead of Pseudo Intellectual nonsense ( btw I hate the term pseudo intellectual)
like reviewrs like to claim,it's far more dumb news show shit, akin to what you'd see on the Today Show or even  a talk show almost, only less showbiz news and more world news and politics. It's done in a smart mechnic, without people having to throw around 6 syllable terms that would alienate most viewers and piss of even more . I love it.

TASTY!
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1052 on: July 22, 2013, 05:06:05 PM »

The Newsroom:

It made it to Season 2!!  Somehow!!
Cool to see John di Maggio on there though

Dexter SSN8
Good start, but the tide seems to come and go for this one.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:39:14 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1053 on: August 02, 2013, 12:44:10 AM »

LITERALLY...the worst news.

Chris and Anne are leaving Parks and Rec mid-season.

D:

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1054 on: August 02, 2013, 12:59:20 AM »

LITERALLY...the worst news.

Chris and Anne are leaving Parks and Rec mid-season.

D:

Nooo! Not Ann-cakes! What will Leslie do without her?!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1055 on: August 02, 2013, 02:13:47 AM »

The Newsroom:

Dexter SSN8
Hey, I enjoy the newsroom. It's pretty interesting and not full of shit like fox news.

TASTY!
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1056 on: August 02, 2013, 10:20:23 AM »

The Newsroom:

Dexter SSN8
Hey, I enjoy the newsroom. It's pretty interesting and not full of shit like fox news.

You kidding??  It's probably the MOST full of shit show on the air.
Mainly because it suffers a really, really bad case of hindsight bias; have you noticed how affluent and clever the team about events that happened like a year and a half ago??
Wil McAvoy makes some AAAMAAZZING 9/11 speech that, I guess, was enough to get him a job as the "Jay Leno" of news?

The show is full of itself.  It throws criticism that we've had time to form and see work out but puts it in the present context.

HOWEVER.  The show is also stupidly entertaining and I can't bring myself to stop watching for that.  But I do so by shaking my head a few times per ep.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1057 on: August 02, 2013, 10:59:43 AM »

So my wife and I decided to start watching Being Human. The BBC version, of course.
Well, BB first sends me a broken disc. I get the new one, and we sat down Wed. night to start watching. My wife comments that the people aren't talking with accents. A few minutes later it dawns on us that we're watching the American version. Stupid BB had sent me the wrong version.
I just decided to buy Series 1 and see how it goes. I got one used for $20 off of Amazon, so no big deal.
This show better be good.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1058 on: August 02, 2013, 11:24:01 AM »

So my wife and I decided to start watching Being Human. The BBC version, of course.
Well, BB first sends me a broken disc. I get the new one, and we sat down Wed. night to start watching. My wife comments that the people aren't talking with accents. A few minutes later it dawns on us that we're watching the American version. Stupid BB had sent me the wrong version.
I just decided to buy Series 1 and see how it goes. I got one used for $20 off of Amazon, so no big deal.
This show better be good.

I found it pretty meh from the couple episodes I saw. Though I've never been a fan of the stuff BBC 3 produces, I prefer BBC 1 and 2.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1059 on: August 05, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »

They put a new season of Peep Show up on netflix.

Brilliant show. Just great humor. Humour
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1060 on: August 05, 2013, 10:27:45 AM »

Ugh. Season finale of Falling Skies was just awful. Huge buildup for this spectacular showdown that lasted about the first 10 minutes of the episode, then the rest of the episode was just talking and talking and more talking.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1061 on: August 05, 2013, 05:53:09 PM »

^ Reminds me of the Lost series finale.....wommp wooomp.

Dexter:  omfg-- WHO CARES ABOUT THE STUPID SERGEANTS EXAM.  DROP THIS PLOT. x(
No idea where this season is going, the action has sort of slowed, so maybe, mid-season, we're in a calm before the storm, but they're hinting tings

Newsroom: I hate when this show does interviews; it's like Sorken is jerking himself off by making people analyze what happened in important news events and having HIS crew ask the "tough questions".  Ah well, entertaining nonetheless.

BrBa soon everyone.... Walt...White.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1062 on: August 05, 2013, 09:48:43 PM »

Just got caught up on Under The Dome in time for tonights episode. Its gotten better but there are still nagging problems that are too numerous to mention. Its vastly different from the book of course but still entertaining enough to keep me wondering what's next. Its a B- so far.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1063 on: August 09, 2013, 02:18:14 AM »

It still amazes me that at one point this...

Used to be this

How the hell did Dumber become a smartass lawyer-turned-news anchor?

@Dice

I also don't get your disdain about the obvious amazing job these guys do handling news stories. I personally like it, it makes you remember that this is maybe how the news should be handled, instead of the way it is. All the emphasis on being the first to break ground on a news story, then 50 adjustments to said story...sure it's bogus, but it's so interesting to see. And as for those interviews you speak of, I loved the one last season with the one gay black man whose name skips my mind who freaked out on Jeff Daniels' character. It was astounding, but I have bad memory for specific details...hence why I can't remember the guy's name.

Sorry for the shitty edits, having trouble sleeping and am not really making great effort to be coherent here :(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 02:28:48 AM by Agent D. » Logged

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1064 on: August 09, 2013, 02:22:50 AM »

It's almost as if he was playing the role of a dumb person whilst actually being really intelligent.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: