Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:57:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334773 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 99 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 121357 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1245 on: December 05, 2013, 11:19:41 AM »

American Horror Story: Coven - This show has completely lost me. It just keeps getting worse and worse. It was intriguing for a while, but now it's just a convoluted mess of poor writing and bad characters. I really don't know what the heck happened here. I liked the first 2 seasons of AHS.
I'll probably keep watching it, only because it's a time for Nan and I to sit down together and do something. I'd give up on the show otherwise.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1246 on: December 05, 2013, 12:52:45 PM »

That's disappointing to hear.  I've only watched 2 episodes this season.  I'm so far behind.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1247 on: December 05, 2013, 01:38:49 PM »

South Park

Really enjoyed the last three episodes. The episode was probably my least favourite of the three but still great. Also, loved the closing moments of this episode.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1248 on: December 05, 2013, 08:00:11 PM »

South Park

Really enjoyed the last three episodes. The episode was probably my least favourite of the three but still great. Also, loved the closing moments of this episode.

Even though Kenny didn't stay dead, his death for the Game of Consoles saga was well timed. That said, I was expecting more from the Black Friday rush since real Black Fridays take up like half the day since you're basically wading through crowds to get to anywhere the entire time.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1249 on: January 10, 2014, 10:27:08 AM »

I have now seen 6 full episodes of Adventure Time, and I really don't understand why this show has such a cult following. I get the fanbase for other cartoons like Futurama, Invader Zim, MLP, etc. But shows like this and the Regular Show and whatnot make me think we're telling animators "Wacky Characters + Random Nonsense = Profit." It just seems kind of boring to me.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1250 on: January 10, 2014, 12:12:19 PM »

"Wacky Characters + Random Nonsense = Profit." It just seems kind of boring to me.

God yes.  I hate when this is passed off as humour and it feels really popular right now.  Community kinda borderlines this a lot too, and Family Guy has just become obnoxious about it with their "cutaways" or by simply being gross/shocking.

I do like how Adventure Time has this sort of sad and dark undertone (it's supposed to be some sort of post-apocalyptic Earth -- sometimes it's explicit, sometimes not).  But I find the show kinda...empty and strange[?] than always enjoyable.  There are a few *great* episodes that I've seen, and some of the humour does strike with me and I'll full-out "lol" at it.  Usually it's more not than often though. 

Eh.

Parks and Rec was pretty good this week.  I loved having Katheryn Hahn coming back -- she's a great actress who is kind of under the radar.  And congrats on the show's 100th episode!  Yaaay!   The show sounds like it'll be going in an interesting direction too.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1251 on: January 13, 2014, 07:35:09 PM »

http://www.avclub.com/article/the-newsroom-renewed-for-a-third-and-final-season-106901
Bye-bye Newsroom.  Your melodrama caught up with you.  It's nice it's getting a "final season sendoff" at least, not many shows get the "curtosy season", but it sounds like Aaron Sorkin has other stuff.  I actually think Americans should take more cues from British TV as well and have shorter seasons.  This show was "entertaining", you tune in, and it's not very good, but it does the job well enough.  Ah well, maybe we'll see it on netflix.

So!  Sherlock!  Season 3!

I'm cheating a bit, I have the last half of the third episode to watch.  But the boyfriend had to go.

Nevertheless.

Unlike Seasons 1 and 2, I found the "weakest link" in this season to be the first episode (The Blind Banker and Hounds of Baskerville aren't "bad", just not the best).  I started rolling my eyes with the constant Reichenbach Fall references: Two years this, two years that, and even in-show fan theories filled some time.  And of course, lots of John being pissed (as he should be).  I found this episode almost less about its case since it had other ground to fill.  But that's not a bad thing at all, it was definitely necessary (and appreciated), but the case just wasn't that interesting.  The characters were. :)

Episode 2 I loved.  I know its got some mixed reactions from the Interwebz, but I loved the overall "busyness" and effect shots (the way Sherlock episodes love to do).  Not sure how much I found the villain and murder attempt believable... But I was enjoying everything else in the meanwhile.  I also started "predicting" it a lot.  Y'know when mystery/suspense movies show a brief glimpse of some random object or person?  There was a few moments, and generally the show tries to get the viewer to dismiss it, but usually it comes back as something relevant.

Hmmm, so... I guess what I'm trying to say is the characters this time around were just great to watch, their performances were damn near perfect too.

That point gets taken home with Episodes 3's villain.  I love him (so far).  The suspense and surprise is great, and the "accident" scene (about half way through) was just damn perfect entertainment.
More soon.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1252 on: January 13, 2014, 08:23:57 PM »

Sherlock doesn't air in the states until the 19th. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1253 on: January 14, 2014, 09:11:19 PM »

You all should be watching Brooklyn 99. It's fucking hysterical. It even won 2 golden globes,1 being best comedy.

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1254 on: January 14, 2014, 09:28:57 PM »

Sherlock doesn't air in the states until the 19th. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Yup!  Just finished it, unfortunately.  But I'm happy to say there's a lot to look forward to!

Great last episode!  I kinda saw the "solution" coming, but I hoped it would happen that way --- cuz it kinda just had to.
The "original" intent of the episode somewhat sauntered downward...  But again, I humbly think this season was *strictly* about its characters development than anything else.  So good job, can't wait for more!

And seriously.  Sherlock and John have GOT to be at LEAST (BARE MINIMUM) 20% gay for each other.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1255 on: January 14, 2014, 09:48:32 PM »

You all should be watching Brooklyn 99. It's fucking hysterical. It even won 2 golden globes,1 being best comedy.

Just for shits and giggles, I looked up this show on YT and checked out a few clips. I saw nothing funny. But that could totally be just me, because I am a hard egg to crack with humor. The only sitcom that ever made me laugh was Seinfeld. Maybe The Cosby Show, too. I generally don't bother with them at all.
Plus, you don't think the Golden Globes actually count for anything more than a pat on the back, do you? I'm soured on Hollywood awards shows, so don't mind me.

Dice, I'd say 33%, just based on series 1 and 2.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1256 on: January 14, 2014, 09:58:07 PM »

I've got give special mention to this week's Castle, if only for the following exchange.

"Then shouldn't you call in for back up?"
"I AM the back up!"

I want to believe that one of the writers of this show swiped that from Vagrant Story.

And while I'm here.

Archer: Welp. So much for espionage. Time to start up a drug cartel. "Hey, if the Mexicans can do it, why can't we?"

Chozen: Looked incredibly dumb. It feels like it's to Frisky Dingo as Archer is to Sea Lab 2021.

Agents of SHIELD: Yep, still watching this. More shit went down. It may be back on hiatus yet again, but the plot is going in an interesting direction (sufficed to say, its heading straight into the Superman paradox). That said, my brain was hurting watching that flying into the eye of the storm bit.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1257 on: January 15, 2014, 01:27:21 AM »

Tried to watch Agents of SHIELD again tonight. Overall, its terrible. Give it a cable network like HBO, a good budget and some balls. Then maybe we can get a decent comic book show. What a waste.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1258 on: January 21, 2014, 11:30:16 AM »

Tried to watch Agents of SHIELD again tonight. Overall, its terrible. Give it a cable network like HBO, a good budget and some balls. Then maybe we can get a decent comic book show. What a waste.

I enjoy it, but then I don't really see it as a "comic book show." More like yet another crime drama but with a Marvel coat of paint.
========================

Caught the reboot of Powerpuff Girls last night. It was actually quite entertaining, and still has the charm of the original show. I know not everyone is going to agree, but I liked the new animation style; it works well with the show and gives it a fresh new look without detracting from the original designs. Certainly going to keep watching to see if it can gain any momentum.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1259 on: January 22, 2014, 05:01:41 PM »

Watching Archer. The show insults basically everyone but I can't help loving it. Half way through season 2.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 99 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: