Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 05:27:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329476 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 110533 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1320 on: April 04, 2014, 04:33:36 PM »

I fucking LOVE Adventure Time. Easily my favorite cartoon at this time. You just can't be too analytical of it. The season finale was a really good episode of it too, mostly because they brought back Billy for a minute, which was cool.

TASTY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1321 on: April 04, 2014, 08:26:22 PM »

So I decided to try two new shows on Netflix streaming:

Archer - WTF did I watch? That was 22 minutes of total bizarreness. Very much adult bizarreness. Some of it was funny, and some of it was just too ridiculous. I'll probably watch another episode out of sheer curiosity for where it's going to go.

I finally decided to go ahead and watch the first episode of Breaking Bad. Man, they sure packed a lot of material into a single episode! Crazy stuff. I already have questions, but I assume they'll be answered in time. Like: Why doesn't he tell anyone about his cancer? That type of thing drives me crazy. And why did he decide to get into the meth game? Money? And why does he need money? Just to keep his family comfortable until he dies? I would think he'd be doing ok as a high school Chemsitry teacher with some experience.
Don't answer those questions unless it's somehow not a spoiler. I'll keep watching.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1322 on: April 05, 2014, 12:23:54 AM »

And why does he need money?

To answer: I think a lot of it is pride/worry (I'm sure someone else can give you a more elaborate answer, I'm tired as hell).  If he tells the wife about cancer, she'll get panic-y (I've had situations where I tell my dad a lie because the truth takes so much longer to explain and causes a pain in the ass).  Meth was easy chemistry-like money (which was revealed by Hank's drug bust), and money was to keep the family happy.  Circumstances will change, and will stretch the shenanigans to five seasons.... But it is an amazing show, each episode was made with what feels like a lot of love.

Archer I'll admit I've gotten a bit tired of (mainly because I Netflix'd it; there's no easier way to burn out on something than doing a marathon).  It is good, just the constant shouting and arguing between everyone kinda bogged me down.  Nevertheless, it's very original and a really fun style of mature comedy and I do recommend keeping on with it if you're looking for chuckles.

---

Rock and Morty!
A bit late, but another great episode dealing with Pluto's "planet status" and the Devil selling stuff (voiced by none other than Alfred Molina).  The end resolution for the A-plot was one of the most practical yet funniest things I've ever seen for a science fiction show.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1323 on: April 05, 2014, 03:11:06 AM »

Speaking of being a bit late with something, this week's Big Bang Theory actually had a hilarious joke instead of just the usual 'nerd humour/nerd romcom'. The reveal at the end was almost perfectly executed.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1324 on: April 05, 2014, 10:09:59 AM »

@dice

The rick and morty ending from last week was hilarious. When you just need a solid resolution to a problem, get big and fuck shit up. I still chuckle when I think about Rick and Summer all jacked up like that.

TASTY!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1325 on: April 05, 2014, 05:14:05 PM »

I keep forgetting I like Rick and Morty. I need to watch more of it.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1326 on: April 06, 2014, 10:21:38 PM »

Game of Thrones - Finally the wait is over.  The episode went way too fast.  Was thrown off for a sec since they cast a new Daario.  Liked the scenes with The Hound and Arya. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1327 on: April 06, 2014, 11:18:11 PM »

I just watched wrestling for four hours and I am ****ING.  WIRED. 

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1328 on: April 07, 2014, 07:18:00 AM »

Watched an episode of Agents of Shield recently (the train one) because I just learned from this thread that there were new episodes. I'm 3-4 episodes behind now....and I really don't care enough to try and catch up. The show just is not grabbing me. I may try and catch some more of the new episodes, but I dunno.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1329 on: April 08, 2014, 05:55:31 PM »

Last night's rick and morty was hysterical. Spent the entire episode laughing. Seriously, it manages to take innane nonsense and form it around a serious plot that just equates to a fucking amazing show. It's awesome, best adult oriented cartoon ever.

TASTY!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1330 on: April 09, 2014, 01:15:35 AM »

Watched an episode of Agents of Shield recently (the train one) because I just learned from this thread that there were new episodes. I'm 3-4 episodes behind now....and I really don't care enough to try and catch up. The show just is not grabbing me. I may try and catch some more of the new episodes, but I dunno.

To be fair,
Code:
the most boring character on the show just turned traitor (and the episode even featured a triple cross for what its worth). Not that I couldn't see the outcome coming from a mile away (and I definitely know that there's at least one more traitor running around at this point, but I suspect that they wont cash in that revelation until the next major confrontation since he's probably gonna take over the roster slot for the other traitor until he turns back as he's a 'double agent' all along while Mr. Replacement suddenly reveals that he was a double agent too),
but at least the show is trying to go somewhere with this.

Of course the real reason why shit's going down is because there's a movie to tie into now (and not as halfassedly as Thor 2).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1331 on: April 09, 2014, 03:44:55 AM »

Last night's rick and morty was hysterical. Spent the entire episode laughing. Seriously, it manages to take innane nonsense and form it around a serious plot that just equates to a fucking amazing show. It's awesome, best adult oriented cartoon ever.

I dunno, I'm kinda tormented from the Morty dome.  xD  Jesus H sometimes I watch and can't believe what's on screen ---- it's actually kind of amazing.  This show is super-duper-freaking wild and unique in its brand of sci-fi cartoon humor, even the B-plots are great.  I'm not trying to sound pessimistic, but I wonder how long the show can hold on to this amazing start it's already on.

I hope they bring back "evil Morty".  I thought it was a really cool idea.

OH!  ALSO

VEEP

The show is back for season 3!

Not to assume I know a damn thing about American politics; but I'd bet my last dollar that this show is closer to what DC politics is like as a comedy than 'The West Wing' was as a captivating and realistic[?] drama.  The bullshitting, criss-crossing, shit talking, and eventually, policy making that goes on promises to get even better this season.

I guess I don't want to say too much, I don't think many people here watch.  But if you need a new and *extremely* clever and witty comedy, I think VEEP is perfect (though bare the somewhat 'green' first episode, it's all uphill and has stayed that way since).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1332 on: April 09, 2014, 07:09:44 AM »

To be fair,
Code:
the most boring character on the show just turned traitor (and the episode even featured a triple cross for what its worth). Not that I couldn't see the outcome coming from a mile away (and I definitely know that there's at least one more traitor running around at this point, but I suspect that they wont cash in that revelation until the next major confrontation since he's probably gonna take over the roster slot for the other traitor until he turns back as he's a 'double agent' all along while Mr. Replacement suddenly reveals that he was a double agent too),
but at least the show is trying to go somewhere with this.

Of course the real reason why shit's going down is because there's a movie to tie into now (and not as halfassedly as Thor 2).
Oh the most boring character does something mildly interesting. That is good to know that.....ummm huh. I'm not sure who the most boring character on the show is. It could literally be any character other than Coulson. And he is only discounted because he is interesting in the movies. I think that reaction is probably a good sign that I have no interest in the show at this point. I'll probably watch another episode despite that in the next week or so.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1333 on: April 11, 2014, 12:06:03 AM »

Vikings was great again tonight and im sure im not alone in noticing that its getting a lot like GoT.  Thats not a bad thing.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1334 on: April 11, 2014, 07:05:46 AM »

Well I'm glad I finished watching Agents of Shield because it suddenly got good in the last three or so episodes.

Code:
I don't get the last few minutes as I don't think that Ward is a traitor for a second, so I don't get why he would kill off five SHIELD agents just to go undercover with a guy who was already captured....maybe he used icer rounds and blood packets? I dunno.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: