Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 09:12:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338223 Posts in 13846 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 126933 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1365 on: May 13, 2014, 12:48:55 AM »

Is that on HBO?
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1366 on: May 13, 2014, 02:33:50 PM »

Is that on HBO?
Yes, it is. I think, as long as you have a sub to HBO, you can watch it On Demand. I hope so, anyway, as I keep hearing how great this show is.

I'm up to ep 13 of season 2 of Breaking Bad. Still great, but the show pulls a lot of crap to keep Skyler from finding out about Walt's second life.
Code:
hot, gothy chick just died while Walter watched. Kinda creepy, and sad at how callus he's becoming.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1367 on: May 13, 2014, 02:36:35 PM »

Finally got to watch the second season of American Horror Story (Asylum). I'm behind, I know. I liked it alot. It wasn't as convoluted as the first season ended up being and the acting is very good. The alien bits seemed weird and go unexplained, which is really one of my only complaints. I really liked this. I've heard Coven sucks though. I'll try it out when it gets released on video, but not going in with high expectations.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1368 on: May 14, 2014, 12:28:33 AM »

I have a bud that is letting me use his account for HBOgo on the PS3. He apparently let 3 or 4 others do it too.

Sorry, Game of Thrones is getting stale. If they skimp on the conclusion of Tyrion's trial I'll lose faith big time. It looks like they have to, considering all the play a major player has been getting on the show
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1369 on: May 16, 2014, 09:19:08 AM »

I had a few drinks with a friend last night and watched Billy on the Street. It's absolutely hilarious. Fantastic show.

http://youtu.be/Tde9dAH96Ns
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:25:23 AM by Yoda » Logged
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1370 on: May 16, 2014, 11:30:29 PM »

Finished True Detective. Great stuff. I hear its going the episodic route of AHS. Cool:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1371 on: May 19, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »

I've watched the first two episodes of True Detective.
I wasn't sure what to expect, but this is pretty dark and moody stuff.
Matthew McConnaauuhggheyyy is pretty damn amazing in this show, basically playing two roles.
Woody is fine too, but is mostly just playing Detective Woody Harrelson. How the hell did he get Michelle Monaghan? Plus, he's a 53 year old(for realz. Not sure how old he's supposed to be in the show) dude saddled with such young kids. I wonder if the show will address all this, or just act like it's a normal thing.
He's basically just a foil for Rust, so it really doesn't matter anyway.
I'm intrigued as to where this is all going to go. Hopefully, someplace very different than a typical detective show. Outside of Rust, who MAKES the show all by himself, it hasn't been that groundbreaking really.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1372 on: May 19, 2014, 12:08:06 PM »

Has anyone been watching Cosmos? It's pretty good. At first I did not enjoy the style of the animated segments but I come to like it.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1373 on: May 19, 2014, 12:12:01 PM »

Has anyone been watching Cosmos? It's pretty good. At first I did not enjoy the style of the animated segments but I come to like it.
Of course! My wife, my son, and I, sit down and watch it every Sunday night. I've found some of the episodes to be redundant, but overall very interesting and educational. I prefer the episodes that spotlight certain people and kind of tell a story more.
Yeah, it took a minute to get used to the animation style, but I like it now.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1374 on: May 19, 2014, 12:34:19 PM »

Yes I like it when they focus on an individual that's not a common household name, or when they talk about the contributions of other cultures.
NdGT is a great host too! Not a bad job acting w/ all that green screen stuff.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1375 on: May 20, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »

Cosmos is great. And its on Fox....hmm. Seriously, I applaud them for having an educational show on the network. Very hard to find these days:(

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1376 on: May 21, 2014, 12:01:22 AM »

I just watched the most 2 recent episodes. Awesome to see Faraday in action, that physics class was one of few I did well in engineering school.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1377 on: May 23, 2014, 02:07:26 AM »

GoT:

Fargo:
I watched an episode when my buddy was watching.  Shit, even out of context the show is well done.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1378 on: May 23, 2014, 07:00:30 AM »

Watched the season finale of Agents of Shield a few days ago. And overall I would say the series was good despite a weak start. I'll probably watch season 2 whenever it comes out.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1379 on: May 25, 2014, 12:37:53 AM »

Hannibal

I've never meant this as much as I do now, but this is a literally an *unbelievable* finale to a surprisingly amazing show.  I for one am *GLAD* it doesn't follow the books besides its characters and more nonchalant references --- it would truly ruin the fun to know the plot beforehand. 

The final shots are simply...grotesque but brilliantly filmed and captured.  The episode itself, the betrayals, truths, and revelations leave you sympathizing for villains and heroes alike.  And the utter brilliance and intellect (yet unfortunate madness) of the character of Hannibal...or maybe even the *idea* of him... makes him indeed one of the best serial killers ever crafted (much like how Sherlock has been adapted through other means and settings, I think Hannibal works well on this level too, working well in novels, films, and television now).

If you haven't watched this series, I can't recommend it enough.  It's only two seasons in, but the shock factory in this couple of seasons trumps *many* other shows that go on a lot longer.  It's well written, well made, and brilliantly played.
Funny enough, even despite a strong first season, the second demonstrates a series growth of style and in the overall intensity of its drama.... much like its killer develops.

Well done, Bryan Fuller.  And I'm glad you scored a 3rd season...cuz uh, that'd have been one hell of a way to end things otherwise. :S

Fargo

Possibly the strangest film worth adapting....yet it pays off.
I mentioned how I "popped" into the 6th episode (and sadly found out an endearing enough character who will meet their end), but I was so impressed that I watched Episodes 1 and 2 now.

The first episode was indeed a great hour of television.  Fargo has always combined the banal and quaint rural life and mixed it in with dark secrets and evil-doing.  Much like the film, the television show really adapts that idea very well.  The characters are peculiar and interesting and episodes have a strange but fun-to-follow style.  And jesus H, who *ISN'T* in this show????

Oh...And as a Canadian lady, I'm definitely enjoying Martin Freeman take on another "strange" accent.  :P

More than ever this topic feels relevant.  I know it's hard for us to necessarily discuss TV shows since there's so many [compared to big movie releases] and it's hard to make time for a long series.... But I think I can honestly say there's been more shows I look forward to than films these days.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: