Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 08:12:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331845 Posts in 13588 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 98 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 115827 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1380 on: May 25, 2014, 01:05:14 AM »

@Dice: I just caught up with Hannibal the past week or so. This show is so good.

The artistry of the entire show is beautiful. Perhaps the most beautiful show I've ever seen on TV

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1381 on: May 25, 2014, 04:26:38 AM »

Finished my run through Red Dwarf. Series 5, 6, and 8 are still the highlight of the show. But Series 9 still wasn't as bad as everyone said it was back in 09 (not as bad as Series 7 was at least). Now to wait for Series 10....(by finishing the IT Crowd).

Watched the season finale of Agents of Shield a few days ago. And overall I would say the series was good despite a weak start. I'll probably watch season 2 whenever it comes out.

Yeah, seconding this. I knew that Agents was gonna have to suffer a slow start simply due to how much Marvel lore they were going to have to cram to establish the eventual plot lines and such, but it really turned it around thanks to the cast shake up and The Winter Soldier happening off screen (and getting Bill Paxton to play the villain). Hopefully the new guys will have better chemistry than the ones they're replacing.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1382 on: May 26, 2014, 09:25:18 PM »

I'm kind of shocked hearing about how good Hannibal is. It's on a normal network, right? How many episodes are there per season? I really don't want to get involved in any 20-26 episode shows right now. Sounds awesome, though.

Speaking of awesome...True Detective. I watched Ep. 5 last night. What the hell?! Talk about totally changing everything! Wow. I HAVE to keep going. Ep 6 coming up tonight.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1383 on: May 26, 2014, 09:54:23 PM »

I'm kind of shocked hearing about how good Hannibal is. It's on a normal network, right? How many episodes are there per season? I really don't want to get involved in any 20-26 episode shows right now. Sounds awesome, though.

Why shocked?? :o
But I think I get it.  I kinda thought this was just a 'ratings ploy' to get an instant audience based on an already-there fanbase.  But naw, the series has legs of its own and it *is* very good.

It's incredibly gory.  I think that's the big surprise for me; it's on network television but it's showing stuff that I have no IDEA how it gets approved for prime time.

It's hour episodes but 13 episodes a season (so yeah, it hits that 26 issue of yours....but does it help saying it's better than your average show?).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1384 on: May 26, 2014, 11:15:12 PM »

Just finished SF:Assassin's Fist on Machinima. I would like to see more. I though it was a great interpretation.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1385 on: May 26, 2014, 11:21:26 PM »

Why shocked?? :o
But I think I get it.  I kinda thought this was just a 'ratings ploy' to get an instant audience based on an already-there fanbase.  But naw, the series has legs of its own and it *is* very good.

It's incredibly gory.  I think that's the big surprise for me; it's on network television but it's showing stuff that I have no IDEA how it gets approved for prime time.

It's hour episodes but 13 episodes a season (so yeah, it hits that 26 issue of yours....but does it help saying it's better than your average show?).
You DO get it. That's how I saw it as well.
13 eps a season is fine. I was referring to those shows that air 26 eps in one season alone. I haven't watched network TV in a long time. Maybe that's not the norm anymore.
Maybe after I finish Breaking Bad I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1386 on: May 28, 2014, 06:45:24 AM »

Just watched Warehouse 13's final system last night. The episode Savage Seduction was one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen. I was laughing my ass off for the entire episode. Ending of the series really was perfect, I don't think there is any other way it could have ended.....although that doesn't mean I am happy to see it go. It was an amazing piece of television, but nothing lasts forever.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1387 on: May 30, 2014, 11:56:58 PM »

So Crossbones has a *tiny* bit of potential, but the first episode felt like a low-budget, passionless mess. Hoping the rather exciting looking season preview afterward can deliver.

The worst part of the premiere is they immediately introduced a boring, contrived macguffin as a primary plot element that provided characters with nonsense motives, and then it seems aforementioned macguffin just falls to the background after other plot elements are introduced at the end of the episode.

[[LET THIS FOREVER BE REMEMBERED AS KLUTZ64'S LEET POST]]
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:11:42 AM by Klutz64 » Logged

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1388 on: May 31, 2014, 01:17:15 AM »

So Crossbones has a *tiny* bit of potential, but the first episode felt like a low-budget, passionless mess. Hoping the rather exciting looking season preview afterward can deliver.

The worst part of the premiere is they immediately introduced a boring, contrived macguffin as a primary plot element that provided characters with nonsense motives, and then it seems aforementioned macguffin just falls to the background after other plot elements are introduced at the end of the episode.

[[LET THIS FOREVER BE REMEMBERED AS KLUTZ64'S LEET POST]]

Heck, even your post count is leet.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1389 on: June 02, 2014, 12:40:59 AM »

GoT and Cosmos. Both awesome as usual.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1390 on: June 02, 2014, 01:24:29 AM »

Revolution, Crisis, Believe, and Almost Human all get cancelled this season.

About a boy gets picked up for a second season.

I hate people. Especially Minnie Driver. I hope her tumor-riffic jawline consumes her head entirely one day.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1391 on: June 02, 2014, 11:05:44 PM »

Seeing as GoT is done for another year soon, any recomendations? I hear Fargo is good. Anyone watching it?

OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1392 on: June 03, 2014, 05:53:40 PM »

Seeing as GoT is done for another year soon, any recomendations? I hear Fargo is good. Anyone watching it?

Fortunately there are two episodes left in Season 4 to air still. It's tough waiting a year for ten episodes of such a high production show, that I can understand. I don't know about the rest of the rpgfans here, but I haven't seen Fargo yet.

Not watching much else right now. My wife and I usually take summer TV "recess" to DVR the annual Masterchef (USA) amateur chef challenge. I'm not much of a chef or "culinary artist," but I like cheering on the underdog and watching these home cooks improve each episode.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1393 on: June 05, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »

I'm loving it.  It strikes the same tonal balance of the film really well but works on its own with an independent plot and characters.

It's also kinda weird, there doesn't feel like much to take you from episode to episode, and while the series is...actually kinda slow, they make up for it because when something happens it's with a 'bang' than a 'whimper'.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1394 on: June 06, 2014, 09:52:37 PM »

^ Sounds good to me. I found that True Detective was a slow burn as well but it was fantastic. I will watch Fargo when I get some time.

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 98 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: