Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!

Ranadiel

• View Profile
Re: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« Reply #1965 on: December 28, 2016, 08:15:57 AM »
Has anyone here watched a series called "The Librarians" on TNT? I saw an ad for it while I was at my sister's place. I looked it up and from what I have seen it seems likely inspired by Warehouse 13. So I am thinking of checking it out and I am curious as to whether it is worth it from someone who has seen it.

EmeraldSword

• View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: December 28, 2016, 11:11:25 AM »
I've been binging Vikings over winter break. The show recently started up again. For the first time they got a double order of ten (2x) episodes, so 20 total which is up from the usual ten-a-year. The show is awesome and has a ton of fighting. There's slow pacing at times with Ragnar or misc. characters. However, for the most part, I've enjoyed streaming the show with my Amazon Prime account. The show started up again recently for part two of season four, yet Amazon wants me to cough up $2.99 per episode or $9.99 for part two as a whole. It's just ten dollars, so I'll probably pay the hungry Amazon giant.

Also... Lagertha is a total bad @ss.

Next up on binge fest is to watch The Last Kingdom on Netflix which is supposed to be telling the other side of battle exchanges from the Saxons point of view around the same general time frame.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: December 28, 2016, 11:23:06 AM »
The show started up again recently for part two of season four, yet Amazon wants me to cough up $2.99 per episode or $9.99 for part two as a whole.

Think of this as "The Netflix Problem".  Netflix never gets currently airing shows.  Ever.  Well, Amazon Prime doesn't either (besides The Grand Tour, afaik).  Like Netflix, with Prime you have to wait a bit before it's part of the streaming subscription.

Pretty sure only Hulu gets live television, which I guess is why it's either a) more expensive (barely), or b) full of ads.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: January 02, 2017, 12:10:26 AM »
I've been watching Nobel, it's about Norway and it's involvement in the war in Afghanistan and such, pretty different, didn't really know anything about Norway before watching it.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: January 02, 2017, 12:20:37 AM »
Has anyone here watched a series called "The Librarians" on TNT? I saw an ad for it while I was at my sister's place. I looked it up and from what I have seen it seems likely inspired by Warehouse 13. So I am thinking of checking it out and I am curious as to whether it is worth it from someone who has seen it.

The TV Movies range anywhere from 'its alright' to 'there'. The TV series sucked ass as the main cast seriously cannot act worth a damn and I'm surprised they're still on the air.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: January 02, 2017, 06:45:33 AM »

The TV Movies range anywhere from 'its alright' to 'there'. The TV series sucked ass as the main cast seriously cannot act worth a damn and I'm surprised they're still on the air.
Hmm I think I'll still try watching an episode, but I will not get my hopes up. Thanks for the info.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: January 03, 2017, 03:30:14 PM »
Rewatching Sherlock.  May purchase the new episodes afterward.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: January 11, 2017, 09:48:00 PM »
Shield's back up again, and yep, there's definitely some Hideo Kojima fans on the writing staff. Didn't care for the fact that the episode itself jumped around so much (or that the gunship was shredding everything but the cover), but given that they were kickstarting three plotlines in the space of one episode, I guess it can't be helped.

Spoiler: show
Also, I suppose this makes Agent May's first name Ffilcdar?
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: January 12, 2017, 09:41:19 AM »
So, no one else is caught up on the new episodes of Sherlock?  I need some help figuring out what to think about this season...

Darilon

• Level 5 Spoony Bard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: January 12, 2017, 11:44:35 AM »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:51:45 AM by Darilon »

Darilon

• Level 5 Spoony Bard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: January 12, 2017, 11:50:04 AM »
Sorry, wrong topic and accidental double post.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:52:38 AM by Darilon »

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: January 12, 2017, 01:36:00 PM »
So, no one else is caught up on the new episodes of Sherlock?  I need some help figuring out what to think about this season...

I really like the new season, and the second episode was just spectacular in my opinion.

The villian was such an obvious reference to British pedophile Jimmy Saville I wonder if American watchers got it.

Also
That actress who played Eurus was bloody good.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: January 12, 2017, 03:15:01 PM »
Well, I for one have no clue who Jimmy Saville is.  Apparently HE didn't "break America".

Speaking of Eurus/Euros, didn't that actress sort of remind of you of a cross between Zooey Deschanel and Amy Acker?

It's kinda funny how this show always always ALWAYS gets you with the sleight of hand.  At least it does me.  If it doesn't want you to think something is important, you generally won't.  For example:
After seeing John's therapist shortly after seeing Fake Faith Smith, something in me thought "Hey, it's the same person, isn't it?"  But then I decided that that didn't make any sense, so I just dismissed it.  After the reveal, I told that to my wife and she said "I thought the same thing but talked myself out of it!"  Further still, after seeing Fake Faith at 221B, I thought "She looks a little different but I'm not sure in what way."  GRRR!

Can't believe I let them pull that one over on me.  I can practically hear Moriarity shouting "DOOFUS" at me at the top of his lungs.

Extremely curious about The Final Problem and whether or not it will bring an end to this series.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: January 12, 2017, 03:50:50 PM »
Apparently Cumberbatch is signed on for Season 5, but who knows when that'll air.

And Jimmy Saville, was known for a kids show called "Jim'll Fix it", where kids would get on the show and Jimmy would make what they wanted to do happen. I never saw it, I was too young for it, but just after he died, there was a huge scandal where a mountain of evidence appear of his abuse of children appeared, and victims stepped forward. His abuse spanned 60 year, and hundreds of children and women.

The thing is, he never really hid it. He used his fame and popularity and his "eccentricness" to live like this openly. People knew, lots of people in television and radio knew, some tried to speak about it but were silenced in some way or another. He was friends with Margaret Thatcher. He was a very sinister person, and I always found him very creepy as a child. 

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: January 12, 2017, 05:23:12 PM »
That's really disgusting.

What did you think of the odd Mycroft/Lady Smallwood interaction at the end of the last episode?

It was definitely funny ("A drink of what?"), but felt curiously out of place.