Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 04:22:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332767 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 98 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 117211 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: August 17, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »

The last episode of Breaking Bad was pure insanity, unbelievably tense! And the ending..

I can't believe the show's getting better with each season and already the first season was excellent.

spoilery link!

http://youtu.be/9nmxRGD2CLU
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: August 18, 2012, 12:14:23 PM »

Futurama
Near Death Wish

Cute, but I didn't love it as much as reviewers.  The emotional punch is nowhere near as strong as Jurassic Bark (that brought a tear ...or eight...I cried), The Sting, Luck of the Fryrish, and some others.  Meh.  Still sweet, but what I didn't like was the sort of pointless sibling switcheroo (and the thing about night terrors and why Farnsworth's parents were always tired was sort of...ho hum), but it maybe opens up plot for future episodes. 

I'm watching a lot of Breaking Bad myself now.  I'll give a more thorough review later; but one thing I can say: I hate Skylar.  She's an ugly, bitchy, soccer mom who does little for the plot besides act as a foil of some sort.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: August 18, 2012, 12:33:52 PM »

i hated her too, mostly because her face is more masculine than mine, but in later seasons you'll at least sympathize w/ her. Before that happens you're likely to hate her even more!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: August 18, 2012, 12:53:51 PM »

I'm watching Breaking Bad, Im just at the start of Season 2.

But I don't hate Skylar. I TOTALLY get her. She knows her husband so well to know that he is lying to her on a daily basis, but he won't admit what it is and it makes her feel alone. She went off on a rant one episode about how her husband has cancer, doesnt talk to her, her sons a teenager who wont give her the time of day, shes in debt and shes pregnant, also her sister is mental.

What do people want? Her to just be happy about all that, ignore it? She's super frustrated and can't figure out what to do, everyones locked her out. Her lifes fallen to bits. I think she acts totally human.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: August 18, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »

She grated on my nerves because her character is just looking manly and angry. I get where they're coming from and I appreciate it but I just wish they gave her more chances to act out.

Did you guys see the episode where walt junior has sex with Marie?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: August 18, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »

:( no, now its ruined.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: August 18, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »

I'm watching Breaking Bad, Im just at the start of Season 2.

But I don't hate Skylar. I TOTALLY get her. She knows her husband so well to know that he is lying to her on a daily basis, but he won't admit what it is and it makes her feel alone. She went off on a rant one episode about how her husband has cancer, doesnt talk to her, her sons a teenager who wont give her the time of day, shes in debt and shes pregnant, also her sister is mental.

What do people want? Her to just be happy about all that, ignore it? She's super frustrated and can't figure out what to do, everyones locked her out. Her lifes fallen to bits. I think she acts totally human.

This. I did not like Skylar at first, but like you Star, I grew to understand her point of view. BB is amazing because of how multifaceted the characters are. You find you love the ones your hated and hate the ones you love. Honestly, I think BB is the best show out right now.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 07:39:34 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: August 18, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »

Yep. Skylar is a really good character in my opinion, bad things are constantly happening in her peripheral vision that she is trying to make sense of, but no one will help her or point her in the right direction. While the things she does might seem petty to US, well, that's because we know things she doesn't. We know Walt is doing all this for his family, but what does Skylar have to go on? Secrecy, lies, silence.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: August 18, 2012, 07:50:31 PM »

Yep. Skylar is a really good character in my opinion, bad things are constantly happening in her peripheral vision that she is trying to make sense of, but no one will help her or point her in the right direction. While the things she does might seem petty to US, well, that's because we know things she doesn't. We know Walt is doing all this for his family, but what does Skylar have to go on? Secrecy, lies, silence.

Kinda like with most of the AMC wives. Don philanders and makes kick-ass speeches that sell advertising, Rick fights zombies and tries to help people survive in a zombie apocalypse, and Walt is trying to help his family. I don't think it's a coincidence that the wives for these respective men are typically disliked/hated.

Alan Sepinwall, in a review for a Mad Men episode, explains that Betty gets a lot of hate because she doesn't have a place outside of the home where she can redeem herself, since the show is mostly about Don. Don, of course, has the ad agency. I think the same can be said for Lori and Skylar: they don't have an arena outside of the home/group that allows them to be more than a "nuisance" to their hard-working husbands.

Code:
Of course Betty being a bad mother is her own fault.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 12:52:29 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: August 20, 2012, 03:57:03 PM »

A bunch of friends and I got together to watch breaking bad. My buddy made some rock candy to look like mr. white's blue meth. even put it in little baggies.

I tried smashing it up w/ my bowie knife and snorting it.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: August 21, 2012, 12:14:36 AM »

Breaking Bad SSN 4 Finisher:

Gus's death will haunt my dreams forever.................
D:

I still don't like Skyler.  Mostly her face and anything of her having to do with that douchebag she worked with and boned for pretty stupid reasons.  I get her, I like her business side and sympathized her being the "bitch mom" while Walt took the credit with Jr. and she had to do the "right" thing for the business.  But man... something about her just makes me wanna punch her (I know it's rude, but don't we all have a person to us like that?

Great show.  I'm sad a ZIPPED through it, it makes certain elements seem largely repetitive (WE'RE DONE COOKING..... nvm, TIME TO COOK), I loved Jesse playing "both sides" really well (amazing they wanted his character originally dead by the end of ssn1, glad he stayed in), and Walt still knew how to be funny when he wasn't being serious (c'mon, judging a book by its cover, the man looks like a criminal with the shaved head and beard).  But favorite character of the lot?  Mike's up there, he's cool for an old man... but first prize goes to Hank. :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: August 26, 2012, 10:52:48 PM »

Futurama Trip Report: Episode 10. Lobster's Seven. Okay. Now that was a funny episode. Loved the opening and the chart room bit. Also amusing was Zoidberg betting it all on the roulette table, pretty much how it goes in Vegas. The ending was a little too hammy though and the Robot Mafia taking over out of the blue was a bit weak. Still a good episode since its all about Zoidberg being Zoidberg with a well played invisibility act.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: August 26, 2012, 11:06:41 PM »

Breaking Bad

Code:
A good friend of mine said that Walt is the Light Yagami of Breaking Bad. After this episode, I totally agree with him. The villain of the last season of Breaking Bad is Walt.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: August 27, 2012, 12:49:44 AM »

I missed the last 20 min of BB (my friend's satellite tv crapped out b/c of a storm here)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: August 27, 2012, 08:59:55 AM »

With the new season of Doctor Who starting up this Saturday, I figured I would finally watch the one episode I hadn't seen yet. Last years Christmas episode, "The Doctor, The Widow, and The Wardrobe".
It wasn't all that good. It still had some fun elements to it, like most Doctor Who shows, but this just felt extra weird. The Doctor didn't seem to be himself. He seemed to be channeling Willy Wonka.

Starting today there's some mini episodes online called Pond Life that act as a prequel to Series 7.
This will be the first time I'll actually be able to watch the show as it airs. Which means I'm now stuck with commercials and chopped up episodes. I suppose it's better than waiting months for home release.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 98 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: