Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 04:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327437 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 96 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 105997 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: December 29, 2012, 03:19:21 AM »

Community is great. I'm glad you enjoy it :)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: December 29, 2012, 08:56:49 AM »

Watched the Doctor Who Christmas special a couple of days ago on Amazon. I enjoyed the episode, but I'm not sure I would say it was good or not.

[spoiler]For starters, the whole Doctor mourns and stops acting like the Doctor after losing a companion bit felt old to me. I feel like it has been done to death, although I can only really recall it happening after losing Donna. It just isn't enjoyable to watch when he gets like this. At least he is out of his funk by the end of the episode.

It was great to see a return of the trio from A Good Man Goes to War. Straus(sp) as a butler was hilarious and totally worth him being brought back. I do wish we got more details on how he was brought back....I bet if I knew Doctor Who mythology a little bit more the answer would be obvious, but oh well. Hope to see them come back again in the future.

The villian was....meh. He did his job and that was about it. The old guy was freaking distrurbed as a kid and the snow was....weird.

Now for the most important part, Clara! I enjoyed her being on screen and look forward to seeing what she does in futurue episodes. I am really intrigued by her clear attempt to out-die Rory. I look forward to seeing how her three, perhaps eventually more, incarnations are eventually tied together. The modern day one clearly has a death flag set already, so should be interesting to see how her death is avoided during the season finale. I am not really looking forward to the potential romance that was implied may happen as after Rose, I'm really not interested in seeing another companion who the Doctor gets involved with. I suppose it could go the same way as the Amy one did, so I'm not going to dislike her for that yet. Besides I guess it could be interesting to see how River reacts to a potential brewing romance.

Oh and I love both the new opening and the new Tardis interior. Might have liked the previous Tardis interior a little better though. Not sure, need to see it more I guess.[/spoiler]
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: December 30, 2012, 01:55:26 PM »

Got my sister the boxset of Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie for Christmas, as we used to watch it together when we were little kids. Watching it again has been great. Er, not that most parents would let kids under 10 watch this programme but my parents are pretty liberal.

Kathy Burke continues to be Britain's most underrated comedy writers.

Episode 1 for those interested in Brit coms. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ptsSMxKvqY
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:59:49 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: January 05, 2013, 11:01:52 AM »

YOUNG JUSTICE IS BACK WAHOO!

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: January 08, 2013, 12:13:48 AM »

Family Guy - I tuned in and watched with my folks (they love watching the fox animation block).  The episode started pretty strong, parodying the Monty Python opening with Family Guy characters (fuck, I nearly forgot how trippy and weird it was) and using an actual clip ("...Its!!").  It also does a few jabs at current TV.  It makes fun of the poor art of Bob's Burgers, and also has a TV hypnotize Peter into thinking Breaking Bad is the best thing on TV.  Normally I'd have no beef, but lately I've enjoyed those shows more than Family Guy...soooo uhh.... that leaves those jokes to kinda fall flat.  The rest of the episode took place in space -- unfortunately something The Simpsons did better  15 years ago.  There was also a really stupid joke about Chinese and Japanese which was seriously no better than when Disney made its anti-Japanese wartime propaganda film (there was probably a bunch of ways to do a joke like that, they chose the simplest and tasteless, worse yet, it doesn't feel like it's even trying to make a joke... I've come to hate FG humour for this; that and a lot of their 'spoof' parodies amounting similarly to "non-jokes", but just ridiculousness for cheap laughs as a metaphoric "applause" sign flickers).  A few good moments, like any Family Guy ep., but I've taken a bit more of a shine to American Dad these days.  Nevertheless, curious about the live-action stuff Seth Macfarlane has on the boiler.

Bob's Burgers - A good episode that took the parent and kid who have the least amount of chemistry to match them up.  While it didn't really work, the antics were still great.  I've come to notice this show isn't the *best* for big laughs, but the humour works, and unlike Family Guy, features a family that actually does love one another and tend to work better all the more for it.  I love the puns too.  Piss on all the people who think puns are lame, a good one is awesome!!

Elementary - Glad to see it's back on!!  I can't say I'm crazy about Watson playing "second fiddle" so well (previous iterations have Watson/Sherlock dialogue to be much more give & take, even if Sherlock is doing more work).  Nevertheless, the show does a great job dealing with original cases and material keeping the mysteries fresh and interesting (using a bit more logic than CSI's "magic forensics" to solve cases).  Having a *special gues star* can sometimes take away from the magic of solving a crime, but good to see the lead ups to it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:20:27 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: January 11, 2013, 02:05:48 AM »

New Girl
Continues to be hilarious
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: January 12, 2013, 09:37:12 PM »

So I just finished watching Star Trek: TNG. I loved it as a kid, so I was glad when I saw it on Netflix last spring. It's just as great as I remember it being. Really loved the Klingon episodes especially. When I was younger, I really liked Geordi a lot, but he doesn't develop much as a character and so while he holds a place in my heart for nostalgic reasons, I didn't find his character all that compelling.

And of course, it's hard to beat Jean-Luc Picard.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: January 12, 2013, 11:20:41 PM »

New Girl
Continues to be hilarious

Those feel like such New Girlsie colours too!!
I wasn't too crazy about the latest one, it was a cute idea, but Jess was surprisingly predictable for an off-beat character.  I thought the Winston/Schmidt story would have been better to follow.  And dang, Olivia Munn is pretty... I turned gay for her when she did this:

30Rock was pretty good, Office was surprisingly good this week (one of the better ones), and Elementary finally hinted at a Moriarity.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: January 15, 2013, 03:52:06 PM »

I've been watching the live action Sailor Moon show subbed lately... Now THIS is entertaining.... puts power rangers to shame.... I didn't even know this existed until recently and have been meaning to check it out.... GREAT stuff if you dig this sort of thing.... you know what I mean.... the type of cheesiness that is so bad its good... I love it

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: January 17, 2013, 11:08:01 PM »

So I started Dexter a few weeks ago and made it to the finale of Season 4 today. Seriously, what in the name of Buddhas did I just witness?!?!?! It just blew my mind.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: January 18, 2013, 01:53:49 AM »

So American Horror Story came back and found all those story resolutions it was looking for before the break. Not a lot of plot lines are left, and hopefully the finale will tie up some loose ends.

Code:
I LOVED the Lana/Threadson confrontation. I kinda don't like how she changed in the following episode, but with this show I've learned to not grow too attached to the characters. I have mixed feelings with how Sister Eunice died, since I felt like they were setting up a confrontation between her and Jude. I guess what the show is getting at is that Briarcliff itself is the real enemy for Sister Jude? I mean, one can make a case for the Monsignor, but when the dude is gone half the show and Jude being in love with him for most of the time, it's hard to really paint him as being her villain. Having Briarcliff be the villain of the season would fit with last season's theme as well, since the House was the real bad guy, IMO. Both seasons are very much tied to their locations, and the creators have done a great job at creating settings that are so alive that they are pretty much characters in themselves.

Side note: Dylan McDermott is f'ing hawt with dat beard.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: January 22, 2013, 10:49:52 PM »

Parks and Rec continues to be fucking amazing.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: January 22, 2013, 10:52:59 PM »

My one and only time I've watched that show was this week simply because Andrew Luck, Reggie Wayne, and Jim Irsay of the Colts were in it and they filmed a couple other scenes in the area and I've been there before considering I live about 20 minutes from downtown Indy. It was pretty funny.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: January 24, 2013, 09:57:48 PM »

The Two Parties ep was my first Parks and Rec episode.  I was *really* impressed.  Not so much the girls side (the plot had potential, but they didn't play along with it -- that makes no sense for a comedy!!); but the guy's side was the ideal night for aaaannyone.  Hell, it was worth watching just based on everyone doing something they were crazy for.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: January 24, 2013, 10:19:36 PM »

Show is grand. 1st season is ok but it takes off in 2.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 96 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: