Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:26:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335280 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 123507 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: February 01, 2011, 06:30:46 PM »

I didn't know how to name this topic right.
Anyways.

What didja watch?  We have a movie topic and I know we watch television.

An Idiot Abroad - first two episodes down (out of only 8; typicak Gervais Production).  Amazing, nice light-documentary, not enough "funny" documentaries (if it can be called that), most others just "try" to be funny.  The guy is a pure clown.

The Office - speaking of Ricky Gervais, his one minute cameo was the best thing that happened this season

30 Rock - I've sort of lost interest in this show.  It's funny, just the lack of any real substantial plot makes it one of those you can tune in and out at any point

Community - certainly and up and comer for comedies, and unexpected (I hate sit-coms with laugh tracks, something's wrong if you need help to make your show funny).  Chevy Chase steals the show, along with Ahbed.

Top Gear - awesome episode this week, The Stig especially shows what he's made of.  If you like cars, and haven't watched this show - it is probably the best car show even for people who aren't enthusiasts.  They do the dream job: riding on loong highways in a sports car or whatever V12.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »

Community is a damn awesome show but it's hard when it's the 1st in the lineup. Every week I get together w/ friends to watch Community, Office, and 30 Rock then a dvr'ed Tosh.0.

Well last week I didn't and I watched them all on hulu but in this order office, 30 rock, then community and it seemed 100 times funnier.

Dice, 1st season of Comm. was incredible, there was less (at least it seemed that way) of the characterization of all the characters. It seems like in season 2 they're all dramatized to the extreme. I still love it though.

30 Rock is amazing when you realize how awesome Jenna is. That weird thing she had going on w/ that dude that acted like her at a strip clubs was incredible.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 07:02:12 PM »

It ain't no secret that I'm not the biggest TV watcher, as my hands feel like they should be doing something. No controller, no book - I end up flicking the battery cover off and on and it drives people mad. However since I've been moving and the Internet is not installed yet, I've been watching more TV.

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding
- Jesus, I feel bad about watching this one but I just can't tear my eyes away. The lives of Irish traveller and Romani gypsy women who are getting married. I shouldn't judge a culture based on some silly Channel 4 programme, but its hard to see many redeemable things about that kind of way of life. People say at least they have a tight-knit family, but I see that as being a bit like saying at least people who have gone through a lobotomy don't need to worry about voting.

Law and Order: SVU: I'm not to fond of the other ones, unless someones getting raped i'm not happy. Also, what is with the fucking schedual in America? Can't you people just air programmes weekly? Jesus christ.

Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman That one isn't entirely volentary. My gran got a DVD collection of it and has been watching it on a loop because she forgets what happened at the start by the times shes gotten to the end.

@Dice: It's actually rather normal for a UK show. Our seasons ussually run about 8-12 episodes.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »

I hope Ricky Gervais takes over on the american Office. That'd be interesting.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 07:29:01 PM »

I watch all my TV on the Interwebs, but tonmight I'll be staying up late to watch ep. 7 and 8 of Gurren Lagann. Since I just finished streaming it on Hulu, I figure I watch it on my fancy TV for once, though it's annoying that every episode is a rerun for me. I can't wait until the end of the month when Chrono Crusade starts. That way I'll have two shows on TV to watch.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 08:19:50 PM »

Awesome.  I watch a lot of TV on DVD.  I'm too impatient to wait for whole seasons to happen. :)

Watching The Legend of the Seeker, season 1.  Not bad, but it is reminding me of things that annoyed me in the book.  Think I'm about halfway through the season.

We're trying to stick to just one series at a time, but we have SO many other series to watch when we finish this one.  It'll be tough. :)

Been contemplating signing up for Netflix since I noticed that they have the entire series of Full Metal Alchemist on streaming, but haven't taken the plunge yet.

I am such a nerd.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 08:32:44 PM »

about 1/2 way done w/ season 4 of The Wire. An awesome show but I feel that the 1st 2 seasons were the best.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 08:47:24 PM »

I don't watch too much TV, but there are a few shows I am anxious for the start of the next season (which will probably be a while for each one):

Breaking Bad
Boardwalk Empire
Bored to Death

What I do like to watch right now though is Malcolm in the Middle reruns. I've seen every episode at least twice, maybe three times. I think it's probably one of the greatest shows ever put on TV.

Bob's Burgers has been interesting as well and I'm curious to see where it goes. Feels like King of the Hill kind of humor. I like it though.

Oh and I like to watch Jeopardy. I missed tonight's episode though. Last night's was cool and I was really hoping Johnny(?) would win. I mean talk about stereotypical Brooklyn Italian. It was amazing. Instead Eureka Nutt won. I wonder if she won again tonight. It's quite a name.

Oh, gotta add that right below, like just a tiny little notch below Malcolm in the Middle as one of the greatest shows ever put on TV would be Everybody Hates Chris. Yeah. I really love those shows.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:04:13 PM by Azrael » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 11:11:17 PM »

anyone watch Spartacus: Blood and Sand? Now that's pure entertainment right there.

I'm watching the prequel thingy now
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 11:49:55 PM »

I feel like I'm the only person that hates NBC comedy, or at least feel like it seems overrated and unfunny.
I'm desensitized to laugh tracks, so most shows I watch on CBS.
Big Bang Theory (hell yes)
Two and a Half Men
"No, it's like a toll booth. At the end of the hour, a gate comes down and lops off your penis. Have fun."
"Yeah, I hear scientists are working on a machine that can cook two pieces of toast at the same time."
Ryan Stiles is awesome.
I've also been watching Dexter occasionally.
$#*! My Dad Says (based on a twitter account) and Mike & Molly are good too.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:58:39 PM by insertnamehere » Logged

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 12:06:28 AM »

Don't both Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men have laugh tracks?

And I don't care how funny a show Two and a Half Men is. People need to freaking boycott it or something. Charlie Sheen should not be allowed to make so much freaking money and get away with what he does.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 12:42:37 AM »

I find Two and a Half Men to be terrible.

But who am I to judge... I find enjoyment in Mike and Molly.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 12:47:26 AM »

All those except Dexter have laugh tracks, and yeah I agree about him getting overpaid especially compared to Jon Cryer (Alan) since he gets paid poorly considering most stuff he does on that show.
I'm glad it got canceled until he gets out of jail hopefully without bail.
If someone started a boycott on it, I'd join and find some way to watch it without him making money.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 06:05:25 PM »

The dialog in spartacus blood and sand and gods of the arena is incredible

"words fall from your mouth as shit from ass"

"and what I wonder does good Selonius receive for convincing me to spread cheeks and accept deeper ramming?"
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 10:29:39 PM »

I've been watching the first few episodes of Mad Men, season 4. I hope that I like this season as much as I did the last; it's looking good so far!

Besides the odd bored evening watching a FRIENDS or Scrubs rerun (so. very. sick. of. these.) I haven't been watching much. Like Tooker, I also prefer to watch shows once they're out on DVD.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: