Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 01:47:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329469 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 110515 times)
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: October 14, 2011, 04:05:37 AM »

I actually find that Community as a whole is underwhelming. 

Blasphemy!

Personally, I find that the show as a whole is well above average, with the occasional absolutely-spectacular episode (and the odd boring one), but that may be a case of it appealing to my sense of humour better than it does to yours. I really enjoy the subtleties of the show--like tonight for example. To a new viewer the episode might seem ultimately pointless (in that most of what you saw literally doesn't matter), but to the long-time viewer it was kind of an exploration of "what role does each person play in the group" and how their absence affects the group as a whole.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: October 14, 2011, 09:31:41 AM »

The Doctors Wife - I knew Neil Gaiman would come up with something great. Just like I knew the title wouldn't fall in line with the standard definition of "wife". I'm still a little confused about who/what exactly the antagonist was, but that really wasn't the point, was it? Such a wonderful and unique show.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2011, 03:15:35 PM »

I actually find that Community as a whole is underwhelming

To each their own.

But: You suck and are wrong!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: October 14, 2011, 03:23:21 PM »

I actually find that Community as a whole is underwhelming

To each their own.

But: You suck and are wrong!

I still watch it every week, jesus christ.

I just don't like some of the episodes that completely "lose it".  Some episodes are just stupid and random.  But every so often an episode shines.  And yeah, for the most part the show stays fresh... usually by being absolutely random.

Oh.  Forgot to mention here.  Yaay, Dexter is back. :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2011, 10:44:08 PM »

I'm pleased with the number of good sitcoms out there.

Community / Parks and Rec are my absolute favorites
Office has gotten much better now that they use the whole cast
New Girl is cute and quirky
Up All Night has some good laughs
30 Rock will be back soon
How I Met your Mother is very meh but has some good chuckles. When will that fucking show end?!
It's easy to write off Mike and Molly but it's fucking hilarious. Nothing but awful stereotypes. It's basically a modern Married W/ Children it's so damn crass.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2011, 10:53:31 PM »

There are like NO good UK sitcoms on TV right now. It's all panel quiz shows and Xfactor, or Xfactor ripoffs.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: October 15, 2011, 01:03:29 AM »

Caught up on The Office and Parks tonight.

I also remembered it is October. Halloween stuff. So I watched Dawn of the Dead and fantasized about roaming around the countryside in a flannel shirt shooting the undead with shotguns. Reminds me of NH.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: October 16, 2011, 12:59:51 AM »

Watched the second episode of American Horror Story last night. It was better than the first, and I am now officially intrigued by this show. It's all over the map, but appears to have a method to it's madness. I like it. I even went to the website and "walked" through the house. I like all the effort being put into this.

Doctor Who 'Curse of the Black Spot' was mildly entertaining, but kinda weak overall. Looking froward to watching 'The Doctors Wife' tonight.

Agreed about AHS. This episode had a sense of direction, and focused on fewer storylines than the pilot, which felt the need to introduce EVERYTHING. And it is surprisingly clever. One thing I didn't catch until I read a re-cap was:

Code:
How near the beginning the patient/crazy killer lady said she had a fear of being cut in half, and near the end of the episode, the police said they found her in such a state.

This wasn't made too explicit either. They don't focus on the little connections, which rewards attentive viewers. It definitely does make it feel like there is a real method and vision.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2011, 09:21:59 AM »

Just realized that I put it in the wrong thread:
episode 3 of American Horror Story - This show continues to baffle and bedazzle at the same time. I'm loving it! It's great how they are slowly doling out information about the house, and all the people who have lived(and died) there. It's utterly fascinating. Throw in the incredibly HOT red-headed maid(young version), and it's become a must watch.

Playing:
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: October 24, 2011, 01:58:56 AM »

Just realized that I put it in the wrong thread:
episode 3 of American Horror Story - This show continues to baffle and bedazzle at the same time. I'm loving it! It's great how they are slowly doling out information about the house, and all the people who have lived(and died) there. It's utterly fascinating. Throw in the incredibly HOT red-headed maid(young version), and it's become a must watch.

I loved this episode as well. They revealed quite a bit without feeling like they're just dumping info on you. The best part, IMO, was when Vivian was on the tour and learning about the history of the house. Seriously, this house has one fucked up origin. When it cuts back to her and her mouth is just agape because the weight of all the WTFness is crashing down on her, hauaghasfsaklguh. What a great moment.
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: October 24, 2011, 08:17:55 AM »

The idea of Dexter acting as the hand of God has me nearly giddy. Talk about motivation.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: October 24, 2011, 11:09:39 AM »

The only shows i'm watching this year are Walking Dead, House, and Supernatural.  Game of Thrones will join that list eventually. Well, as in next spring.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 24, 2011, 12:46:51 PM »

Saw a commercial for American Horror Story today and was surprised to see that Sylar... Zach Quinto is on that show.  Might have to watch it now, because he is awesome.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: October 24, 2011, 03:04:29 PM »

Saw a commercial for American Horror Story today and was surprised to see that Sylar... Zach Quinto is on that show.  Might have to watch it now, because he is awesome.
He hasn't been on the show as of yet. I believe he's in the next couple episodes as part of a gay couple who owned the house prior.

Playing:
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2011, 12:11:29 PM »

Dark Tower to be HBO series

http://io9.com/5853475/stephen-kings-dark-tower-is-coming-to-hbo

Interesting. I loved the first four and the last books had their moments but things get really messy and retarded. Especially when shitty pop-culture references appear like the deadly golden snitches from Harry Potter. Man that was stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: