Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 12:09:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329896 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 111473 times)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: October 28, 2011, 12:15:32 AM »

American Horror Story Episode 4

SO DARK. Really, I had to find uplifting YouTube videos to raise my spirits to keep doing homework cause this episode bummed me so much. THINGS KEEP HAPPENING

Although I should have seen it coming,
Code:
when Adelaide was hit by a car,
my mouth was agape. It was just so abrupt that I was taken by surprise.

One gripe though:

Code:
After the nurse passed out/died from seeing the ultrasound, the next time we see the Harmons is when they are back at the house. I know this show leaves the viewer to fill in some of the gaps, but this is a pretty major one. I also get that its a two-parter, but you would assume that the hospital wouldn't just let Vivian leave all of a sudden like that. It just didn't make much sense to me.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: October 31, 2011, 12:16:23 AM »

I definitely watched the entirety of the Walking Dead season 1 today.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 31, 2011, 09:47:54 AM »

Finished season 3 of Sanctuary last night.  It felt abrupt.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: November 01, 2011, 12:53:38 PM »

deep space 9 has some awesome eps.

I'm watching part 2 of where they're in the earth past taking part in a riot/hostage situation.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: November 03, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »

American Horror Story Episode 4

SO DARK. Really, I had to find uplifting YouTube videos to raise my spirits to keep doing homework cause this episode bummed me so much. THINGS KEEP HAPPENING

Although I should have seen it coming,
Code:
when Adelaide was hit by a car,
my mouth was agape. It was just so abrupt that I was taken by surprise.

One gripe though:

Code:
After the nurse passed out/died from seeing the ultrasound, the next time we see the Harmons is when they are back at the house. I know this show leaves the viewer to fill in some of the gaps, but this is a pretty major one. I also get that its a two-parter, but you would assume that the hospital wouldn't just let Vivian leave all of a sudden like that. It just didn't make much sense to me.

I was thinking the exact same thing about the transition from the hospital to the home. Felt like we missed 5 minutes there.

Episode 5 last night. Another great episode of a show that continues to shock and baffle me. I love it!
Have to go code for the rest:
Code:
I didn't like Hayden(sp?) so I was happy when she bit it. Then she freakin' comes back! Should have seen that coming.
And is Vivians baby going to be a demon or something? Is this another Omen or Rosemarys Baby?
It's nice to learn a little more about Tate, too. I didn't like his character at first, but he's grown on me.
I haven't been this hooked on a show in years.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: November 04, 2011, 01:42:28 PM »

has anyone been watching how i met your mother? I'm not a long time fan of that show, I've seen it here and there in seasons passed and enjoyed it enough. But this season is a big wet turd just circling the drain. The only funny thing so far is Kal Penn (dude from harold and kumar) who played a sort of perspective of the audience, making fun of how ridiculous the characters/story are.

One thing that drives me nuts is every fucking episode mentions how Robin is Canadian. That was cute for a while, but god damn I'm tired of her firing up a bad Canadian accent and making references to cities or other Canadian haps. Now for the record I'm pro-Canada, but shit the writing here is just not funny at all.
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: November 04, 2011, 01:49:41 PM »

has anyone been watching how i met your mother? I'm not a long time fan of that show, I've seen it here and there in seasons passed and enjoyed it enough. But this season is a big wet turd just circling the drain. The only funny thing so far is Kal Penn (dude from harold and kumar) who played a sort of perspective of the audience, making fun of how ridiculous the characters/story are.

One thing that drives me nuts is every fucking episode mentions how Robin is Canadian. That was cute for a while, but god damn I'm tired of her firing up a bad Canadian accent and making references to cities or other Canadian haps. Now for the record I'm pro-Canada, but shit the writing here is just not funny at all.

Agreed. I've been watching the show for a long time now, but I can't even be bothered to stream it lately. I'm about 3 weeks behind because of how uninterested I was in the first episodes of the season. The show has slowly gotten less and less funny.

On the other hand, I'm enjoying the shit out of Community, Castle, and House this season. The first two I'm not surprised by, but last season House sucked, so it's kinda nice to see some good episodes again.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 04, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »

Yeah, HIMYM should have been one of those (rare) shows that calls it quits after a set number of seasons.

I pulled out my Farscape DVDs yesterday and watched the first few episodes.  I kept thinking "wait - this was only the second episode?"  Probably won't re-watch the entire series, but it was fun to see a few episodes.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: November 05, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »

great ep of community. last week's was meh but this week was fab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN1trwnxBhU
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: November 06, 2011, 12:02:13 AM »

You're complaining about Pierce having ass-boobs?

Speaking of Community... or rather Troy.... or rather his rap career....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Kitdn0tF4&feature=player_embedded

I dig

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: November 07, 2011, 01:26:56 AM »

sup with all the korean tv shows on hulu?
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: November 07, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »

has anyone been watching how i met your mother?

I got into it when it started showing up on every other channel syndicated. Show's definitely sucking now and it's not just age, not directly anyway(indirectly I'm sure), since it's not a old show to me even though I've probably seen all the episodes. The writings just bad. From it just not being all that funny apart from a rare ok one liner, to bringing things back to Robin('You'll never find someone while she's still your friend', which thank god they haven't brought up again since) to...

The only funny thing so far is Kal Penn (dude from harold and kumar) who played a sort of perspective of the audience, making fun of how ridiculous the characters/story are.

This guy. Nothing really against him, he might have worked when the show was better. But when the show's not very good and he's breaking suspension of disbelief pointing out how not normal everyone is it's not helping.

And old Buffy crush Alyson Hannigan is getting old. That speaks nothing of how good the show is, but it still makes me sad :(

Speaking of shows I got into via always being on syndication though, started watching 30 rock which is constantly amusing. Hopefully when I catch up I won't find a huge drop in quality like HIMYM. With everyone being a character it seems like it's the kind of show that would. I'll just have to wait and see. Or someone will tell me. Whichever.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: November 07, 2011, 03:36:53 PM »

trust me when I say this, 30 Rock just gets better and better in my opinion.

They start focusing a bit too much on Lemon's love life eventually and the rest of the cast doesn't get as much screen time because of this, but they right the ship.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 07, 2011, 10:07:31 PM »

I was telling my wife today that when they finally end HIMYM, the final scene will have to be Bob Saget saying "And kids, that's how I met your... grandma."

—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: November 08, 2011, 12:18:52 AM »

It's starting to make less and less sense, because the narrator is talking to teenagers in 2030. Ted better get moving.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: