Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 12:18:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327543 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 96 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 106341 times)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: November 08, 2011, 05:30:01 PM »

sup with all the korean tv shows on hulu?

I dunno, but I've been watching Boys Before Flowers, and I can't help but love this show. It's stupid, cheesy, and terrible in all the right ways.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: November 09, 2011, 01:11:51 AM »

I happen to think Korean chicks are the hottest of all Asian ladies.

HIMYM was actually pretty damn good this week, but fucking surprise Robin had a ton of Canada jokes again.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: November 09, 2011, 06:25:17 PM »

I happen to think Korean chicks are the hottest of all Asian ladies.

HIMYM was actually pretty damn good this week, but fucking surprise Robin had a ton of Canada jokes again.

I always hated the argument of "hot country people" -- since you find "uggo's" of every nationality in the end. :P

Otherwise, thank you for your support of Canadians... we aren't all that bad.  Plus, that's pretty big to make fun of, aside a ridiculous national mascot and a love for maple syrup, we have a better reputation than the States seems to be diggin' themselves out of. x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: November 09, 2011, 06:35:22 PM »

Yeah every nationality has beauts and uggos, but I think when you compare the prime cuts from Korea up against other grade-A pieces from other countries I find Korea comes up on top. Usually it's the faces that do me in.

Korean babes seem lean and elegant.

I don't have like a fetish or anything, just some random haps.

I'll stop being a creep!

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: November 09, 2011, 06:38:04 PM »

I laughed when I saw a youtube comment on a Karen Gillan video, where a guy said "Yeah, she's pretty, but I bet she's the only pretty Scottish woman alive".

Of course, it wasn't as well written as that, I'm paraphrasing (or translating). People say some weird, ignorant shit.

Then I look outside my window and wonder if he was right...

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: November 09, 2011, 06:45:13 PM »

More importantly: why are men being more often out-classed by women these days.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 09, 2011, 08:17:18 PM »

Haven't men always been out-classed by women?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: November 09, 2011, 11:25:27 PM »

American Horror Story Episode 6

Good but not great. This one started strong, with something they've teased at the whole time, but haven't really acknowledged:

Code:
Finally one of the main characters knows about the ghosts! I mean, yeah, Constance and Moira and all the rest either know or are ghosts, but to finally have one of Harmons confront it was a breath of fresh air.

The whole Violet/Tate storyline was probably the strongest part of the whole episode. I think Violet reacts in such a believable way in that she let down her guard and let herself appear vulnerable to her parents for once. 

Ben's patient's story was nice and creepy, like a good horror movie, and then that final scene ruined it. What a let down. I mean:
Code:
Having a robber shoot him was so anticlimatic. It's obvious they were setting up for something to happen, and I get that they dont want to just throw in every supernatural trope there is, but it was so awkward and unnecessary to just have some random robber shoot him. There was so much wasted potential in that last scene too, because it was one of the few times I was genuinely on the edge of my seat and really truly creeped out. I guess the only redeeming part about it is that there is an interesting contrast between him being so terrified about something that is not real (the urban legend) and his professed lack of fear of everyday dangers (the robbers), the latter of which might be responsible for his death, not some urban legend.

Not to say this episode sucked or anything. It was still fun and creepy, and the Violet/Tate storyline managed to finally capture my interest.

Grim, what'd you think about this episode? I ask 'cause you and I seem to be the only ones gushing about it. :P
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: November 10, 2011, 09:40:51 AM »

American Horror Story Episode 6

Good but not great. This one started strong, with something they've teased at the whole time, but haven't really acknowledged:

Code:
Finally one of the main characters knows about the ghosts! I mean, yeah, Constance and Moira and all the rest either know or are ghosts, but to finally have one of Harmons confront it was a breath of fresh air.

The whole Violet/Tate storyline was probably the strongest part of the whole episode. I think Violet reacts in such a believable way in that she let down her guard and let herself appear vulnerable to her parents for once. 

Ben's patient's story was nice and creepy, like a good horror movie, and then that final scene ruined it. What a let down. I mean:
Code:
Having a robber shoot him was so anticlimatic. It's obvious they were setting up for something to happen, and I get that they dont want to just throw in every supernatural trope there is, but it was so awkward and unnecessary to just have some random robber shoot him. There was so much wasted potential in that last scene too, because it was one of the few times I was genuinely on the edge of my seat and really truly creeped out. I guess the only redeeming part about it is that there is an interesting contrast between him being so terrified about something that is not real (the urban legend) and his professed lack of fear of everyday dangers (the robbers), the latter of which might be responsible for his death, not some urban legend.

Not to say this episode sucked or anything. It was still fun and creepy, and the Violet/Tate storyline managed to finally capture my interest.

Grim, what'd you think about this episode? I ask 'cause you and I seem to be the only ones gushing about it. :P
Thanks for asking! I was just coming on to comment about it. I also really liked the Tate/Violet storyline. My feelings on Tate have completely 180ed from the early episodes. Now he fascinates me.
I kinda liked how they ended the urban Legend storyline. Sure, I would have liked it to go the expected, horror story type route, but this was so random that it worked. Kind of a life analogy. Things don't always go the way we think they will, do they?
Overall, I thought it was yet another great episode. Next weeks looks hopelessly convoluted. Can't wait!

Haven't men always been out-classed by women?
That was my first thought there, too.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: November 10, 2011, 09:45:53 AM »

Yeah every nationality has beauts and uggos, but I think when you compare the prime cuts from Korea up against other grade-A pieces from other countries I find Korea comes up on top. Usually it's the faces that do me in.

Korean babes seem lean and elegant.

I don't have like a fetish or anything, just some random haps.

I'll stop being a creep!

Part of it, I think, is that some common ancestor of the entire entire continent of Asia drank a vitality potion that keeps them younger for like an extra 20 years. Allow me to demonstrate:

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: November 14, 2011, 02:05:17 AM »

Last weeks shows:

New Girl = it was ok

HIMYM = WAS ACTUALLY GOOD

Mike and Molly = good as always

Office = loved it

Community = incredible

Up all night = good

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: November 14, 2011, 09:54:39 AM »

Walking Dead - Still not as good as I was hoping it would be this season. Worth watching, but it's not doing anything to improve.
Code:
The show is spending way too much time on the lost girl, and the kid that got shot. They desperately need to move on in the storyline. Then we have grandpa getting to be a real asshole. Although, I suppose we have a reason for that now. Poor Glen just wants some more Farmer girl action. I don't blame him, as she is cute.

Playing:
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 14, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »

Been watching these for a while, and finally finished off season 1 of Alien Nation and Twilight Zone this weekend.  Alien Nation was consistently fine, but I thought the ending cliffhanger was too obvious.  

Twilight Zone was consistently awesome.  I love that show.  Can't count the number of later shows I've watched, wanting them to be Twilight Zone... but they weren't.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: November 14, 2011, 12:11:12 PM »

Caught up with American Horror Story and Grim's suggestion. :) Very good, like it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: November 14, 2011, 02:58:19 PM »

Caught up with American Horror Story and Grim's suggestion. :) Very good, like it.

Yay! Now we can discuss it. Where to begin...

Playing:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 96 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: