Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 03:55:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341180 Posts in 13944 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 131148 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 03, 2012, 11:22:05 AM »

90 minutes actually makes me feel better.  I was sad that I had this show I was interested to watch, and it was going to be over after no more than 3 30 minute episodes.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: February 03, 2012, 12:03:42 PM »

I like the setup. Good to break the mold of 30mins or 1hour eps.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: February 03, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »

I'd still prefer 6(or get really crazy and do 12!) 42 minute episodes. Way more accessible. If I'm going to sit down for 90 minutes, I prefer to be watching a movie. Plus, on a selfish note, I simply don't have the time on weekdays to be watching something that long. A 42(-60) minute show can be watched any day of the week. I suppose I could watch half one night, and half the next, but I hate doing that.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: February 03, 2012, 08:55:36 PM »

The fades episodes 4 - 6. Interesting show

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: February 03, 2012, 09:14:23 PM »

I'd still prefer 6(or get really crazy and do 12!) 42 minute episodes. Way more accessible. If I'm going to sit down for 90 minutes, I prefer to be watching a movie. Plus, on a selfish note, I simply don't have the time on weekdays to be watching something that long. A 42(-60) minute show can be watched any day of the week. I suppose I could watch half one night, and half the next, but I hate doing that.

Just pretend you're watching a movie, then. It's what it is after all. There's pretty much three acts in each ep and a conclusion to the story in each ep.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: February 05, 2012, 09:59:49 AM »

Sherlock 'The Blind Banker' - Overall enjoyable, but I had issues with it in spots. I'm pretty sure I actually like Watson more than Sherlock so far. Martin Freeman is just so damn good. Sherlock is coming off as a flawed superhero of sorts. I'd like to see him be a bit more "human". Then the whole things comes down to
Code:
the classic damsel in distress. That's the only reason Susan was in this. Unless she plays a part in future episodes? Plus, Watson was trying to get some action on the first date?! Damn, dude.  Slow down a little.
Anyway, I'm still anxious to see the next ep...I mean, movie.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: February 05, 2012, 11:30:37 AM »

Sherlock 'The Blind Banker' - Overall enjoyable, but I had issues with it in spots. I'm pretty sure I actually like Watson more than Sherlock so far. Martin Freeman is just so damn good. Sherlock is coming off as a flawed superhero of sorts. I'd like to see him be a bit more "human". Then the whole things comes down to
Code:
the classic damsel in distress. That's the only reason Susan was in this. Unless she plays a part in future episodes? Plus, Watson was trying to get some action on the first date?! Damn, dude.  Slow down a little.
Anyway, I'm still anxious to see the next ep...I mean, movie.

That was actually my least favorite episode of the lot.  IMO, it's uphill still from here.

I streamed through the 11 New Girl!
Hit or miss humour, it's definitely cute though, and hits on "young love" issues nicely.  Zooey is a bit TOO quirky, and something about her makes me think that Zooey thinks a lot of herself (writing her own show, about her, singing her own theme, plot is living with three guys, etc.) but occasionally still passes off as cute when not being too ridiculous.

Only issue?  The show makes a point off a being about a quirky-girl... I don't know how much character development you get from a show like that.

A plus?  A[ny] comedy that doesn't use a laugh-track.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: February 05, 2012, 02:16:11 PM »

Yeah, my initial thoughts on Sherlock was that I liked it, but didn't really see what the big deal was and I think The Blind Banker was the main reason for that impression. Now I drool over it just like everyone else.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: February 09, 2012, 08:57:59 PM »

Watched The Great Game last night. It was pretty damn good. Much better than The Blind Banker, but not quite as good as A Study in Pink. Regardless, I get to see more Holmes and Watson and that;s what really matters. I like Sherlocks quote about not being a hero.
I didn't really like the Moriarty reveal or even Moriarty himself. Just too frickin' weird. The voice. The mannerisms. He's just so...odd. What the hell kind of supervillian is this? Oh well. look forward to watching series 2 when it comes to the states.
Now I need to find another show to watch. The walking Dead starts back up again on Sunday, but I need another one to watch on my own time. Maybe Being Human. That looks good.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: February 09, 2012, 11:31:55 PM »

I didn't really like the Moriarty reveal or even Moriarty himself. Just too frickin' weird. The voice. The mannerisms. He's just so...odd. What the hell kind of supervillian is this? Oh well. look forward to watching series 2 when it comes to the states.

God knows I love the show.... but yeah, I agree.  I found him too off-putting and strange to be taken seriously, which is unfortunate for a really serious character.

Goosey will hate me bringing it up, but I liked the Moriarity casting for the Guy Ritchie "Sherlock Holmes".  That guy at least had an air of smart and distinguished that really countered and shocked when he turned to be so cold, evil, and calculated.

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: February 09, 2012, 11:51:03 PM »

God knows I love the show.... but yeah, I agree.  I found him too off-putting and strange to be taken seriously, which is unfortunate for a really serious character.

Goosey will hate me bringing it up, but I liked the Moriarity casting for the Guy Ritchie "Sherlock Holmes".  That guy at least had an air of smart and distinguished that really countered and shocked when he turned to be so cold, evil, and calculated.

I sort of prefer the Sherlock version of Moriarty because he's so weird. His initially eccentric behaviour lends an element of surprise to the cruel, deliberate reality of his plans. Ritchie's Moriarty, to me, is a little predictable. He doesn't challenge my notion of what a villain is and because of that I found him to be boring in comparison to the BBC character.

At any rate, I think Moriarty can be an acquired taste. He's definitely improved upon in the second season.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: February 10, 2012, 12:25:32 AM »

*answers phone*

"What is it....?

SAY THAT AGAIN!!!"

Hookay there, relax buddy.  I was immediately put off there.  He does this twice; when talking about how 'people die', he goes: "That's what people DO".

There's a lot of roots you can take "evil" and "mad genius"... but this one was just too... nutty.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:31:30 AM by Dice » Logged

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: February 10, 2012, 10:10:38 PM »

Aaaw, but I liked that part. And I loved that line ("That's what people do"), it made me laugh. :'(

Have you seen the second season yet? He's more likeable when your only impression isn't just that initial scene of craziness.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: February 12, 2012, 04:01:58 PM »

Been watching a lot the new season of RuPaul's Drag Race. Anyone else watch this show? It's become my latest guilty pleasure. Yeah, its trash tv, but so entertaining, and it really has taught me quite a bit about drag culture, and eliminated a lot of stereotypes for me. It's also one of the few shows I watch nowadays; until Game of Thrones comes back (so excited!) this show and Walking Dead are the only things I watch.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: February 12, 2012, 04:14:25 PM »

The UK hasn't seen RuPaul past season 2. :( Hugh and I watched it (usually with my head buried behind a pillow, cringing).

It's damn good trash tv, as you said.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: