Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« Reply #675 on: July 28, 2012, 12:08:19 AM »
Futurama Trip Report: Episode 6 Hermes Revolution. An amusing episode, Zoidberg getting a thrown bone out of this one is pretty good (plus, the Hermes dummy bit is pretty gifable/avi-able). Though it looks like Roberto might be joining Calculon on the cast permabench.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

(Tunnels)

• Professional Thinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 29, 2012, 11:43:31 PM »
God Breaking Bad is so fucking good this season.

Code: [Select]
My feelings about Walt are constantly changing based on the situation. I love it when him and Jesse are cooking, but I hate how he is essentially terrorizing Skyler. He HAS to know what he's doing to her, because he doesn't even TRY to figure out why she had a breakdown. Also LOL at Mike's comment, "Just because you shot Jessie James, does not make you Jessie James." Fits Walt to a T.

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 31, 2012, 12:43:46 AM »

My feelings about Walt are constantly changing based on the situation. I love it when him and Jesse are cooking, but I hate how he is essentially terrorizing Skyler. He HAS to know what he's doing to her, because he doesn't even TRY to figure out why she had a breakdown. Also LOL at Mike's comment, "Just because you shot Jessie James, does not make you Jessie James." Fits Walt to a T.

He knew why she had a breakdown. This season is phenomenal. Mike is fantastic. How about Skinny Pete playing piano?! BB is making a serious run at topping The Wire for my favoritest show ever.

(Tunnels)

• Professional Thinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 31, 2012, 02:14:53 AM »

He knew why she had a breakdown. This season is phenomenal. Mike is fantastic. How about Skinny Pete playing piano?! BB is making a serious run at topping The Wire for my favoritest show ever.

Skinny Pete is amazing, and of course he's crazy talented with a piano, yet he makes his living looking for scraps of work from Jesse. Him and Badger need to get a spin-off show.

Raze

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 31, 2012, 03:30:07 AM »
Breaking Bad

I forgive you
Whatadick.

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 31, 2012, 08:45:56 AM »

Skinny Pete is amazing, and of course he's crazy talented with a piano, yet he makes his living looking for scraps of work from Jesse. Him and Badger need to get a spin-off show.

I want a Martin style show with Huell.

http://youtu.be/EMFvSJeGtIY

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 05, 2012, 05:11:24 AM »
Futurama Trip Report: Episode Se7en. Even for a Futurama episode the plot was out there. Still, the Frydog was great as well as using the escape pod to bail out on Leela's memory possibly returning.

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 08, 2012, 12:52:42 AM »
update: Breaking Bad is still excellent.

No skinny pete this weekend :(

SonicDeathMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 12, 2012, 09:53:02 PM »
I've never seen an episode of Breaking Bad. Not even, like, a scene. I hear about it all the fucking time, and I have Netflix so I have no real excuse not to watch it.
Been using said Netflix account to watch Firefly, which is another show that I put off watching forever for some reason. About 8 episodes in, it's really good and I like it a lot but I think it's a little overrated. Only because of how insanely highly rated it is among interweb people.
I will say the characters are great, especially Mal, Wash, Zoe, and Kaylee.
My favorite episode so far is the "Shindig" one, by far.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:56:03 PM by SonicDeathMonkey »

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 12, 2012, 11:57:53 PM »
Fantastic BB tonight.

(Tunnels)

• Professional Thinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 13, 2012, 01:22:01 AM »
Fantastic BB tonight.

Agreed. Way things are going, AMC could have a spin-off show called, "AMC's Pissed Off Wives Club."

Also

BB/Walking Dead Season 2 spoilers

Within the span of a year, there have been two different shows on AMC that ended with a kid getting shot. I'm calling it now: AMC hates kids.

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 13, 2012, 02:01:11 AM »

Breaking Bad is seriously dethroning The Wire as best show ever.

Still no Skinny Pete! :(

Raziel

• Megaten Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 14, 2012, 06:55:49 AM »
The last episode of Breaking Bad was pure insanity, unbelievably tense! And the ending..

I can't believe the show's getting better with each season and already the first season was excellent.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 15, 2012, 03:08:40 PM »
Started watching the newsroom, mostly because I am entranced by Olivia Munn, but also because Jeff Daniels and Emily Mortimerr are solid actors. The show is pretty interesting, given that it's basically a retelling of news events from the past. The Osama Bin Laden one, for example, was fairly entertaining and very interesting in regards to how a news center might act regarding a moment like that ( plus Jeff Daniels character was high out of his mind, hilarious). It's worth looking into a bit, even if it means turning a game off an hour early.

Also of note, started watching Alphas again. David Straitharn is a terrific actor, always sells his role like a champ, but the adhd kid, charcter's name is Gary Bell, makes that show. I laugh at his antics because they're funny, but he is so much more. Also, the girl who plays Nina is hot...she can push me all she likes.

TASTY!

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 16, 2012, 08:39:45 AM »
Futurama Episodes 8 & 9: Double Feature. So I missed last week's until last night where I got to see Bender go on a soul searching journey, a cameo of the Fryfro, Leela getting flattened by her scrunchy slingshot backfiring, and the Prof getting violently gunned down. And speaking of the Prof, it was amusing to have a 'you have an older brother' cliche turned on its head. Also the shots taken at the Matrix were pretty amusing as well.