Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 03:18:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334513 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 99 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 120141 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: September 26, 2012, 02:13:39 PM »

Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch

It really is one of the poshest names out there.

I wish it was my name...

If only we yanks didn't associate Benedict with Benedict Arnold (or Eggs Benedict, but who the hell does that?).

Also doesn't help that Timothy Carlton resembles Timothy Dalton, who's among the worst James Bonds, way too much.

But I'll admit that Cumberbatch is a pretty awesome name.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: September 26, 2012, 04:25:35 PM »

You gotta say the full thing.  Everytime.

And Eggs Benedict is the shit.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: September 28, 2012, 02:02:05 AM »

The Office: new ep was pretty good; I liked seeing a Pam and Jim centric episode (which we got barely any of the last season), and them with a conundrum I'm sure every couple has at least once.  The English broad has lingered too much, and I didn't get Andy and Erin's plot --or at least it was better without Andy meddling like the annoying tit he is.  Definitely feels like this season is gonna try to wrap up a lot of characters into a happy ending.

Elementary:  Not bad!  Joining the fray of Sherlock Holmes-related adaptions is one with a female Watson ("Joan" Watson, played by the very foxy Lucy Liu), and taking place in NYC.  One thing that bothered me about the Guy Ritchie flicks and the BBC adaptions was how Sherlock....kinda became a caricature; a joke, something that was easy and fun to exaggerate.  The first time you see Benedict Cumberbatch is him thrashing a corpse like an angry cat (stupid analogy, but the dude seriously looks like a cat); while Robert Downy is seen in drag and drinking eye medicine.  It is fun -- and I *love* it for what it is; but I still liked this version as a more sombre, serious look at the characters.  It still has its sense of fun and has its crazy deduction (less imagery heavy than both of the UK productions), but the first episode was better than I thought it'd be for a series riding the coat-tales of Sir Arthur's books.  It was slow to start, but I'll keep watching this to see where it goes.  I'm wondering if they're gonna play on the "bromance" of John and Sherlock with an actual romance... seems like an excuse to do so at least.

Veep: I love the cast and I love the awkward situations of the USA VP office.  Great show, short seasons.  I especially love the look into "political correctness" and how serious press is to people of high-authority -- how much they have to spin even minor incidents, and of course, how much shit talking goes on when the cameras aren't looking.  Julia Louis Dreyfus has aged freaking brilliantly too, she's not bad to look at for a 50 year old, and I love a woman who can handle herself in a comedy when usually the spotlight is on men in these shows to do that.

New Girl:  I love this show; nothing too terrible happens and it's got a great sense of humor.  New season is back in full form, and Schmidt breaking through as a stand out character on the show.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 02:18:26 PM by Dice » Logged

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: September 29, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »

New Young Justice today...so glad its back. I think they changed the artists up a bit, because characters look slightly different, especially for close ups. Cheshire, for example, when they closed in on her rage face, there was so much more detail than I ever remember from thr old episodes. I like it, even if she looked like an angry old lady for it.

Introducing Arsenal...heh heh.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: September 29, 2012, 06:15:23 PM »

Doctor Who.

Goodbye, Amy Pond. :(

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: September 30, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »

Doctor Who:

Code:
I think this was a decent way to end Amy and Rory as companions......however there is one giant flaw in this episode. Amy and Rory already saw their future selves wiving to themselves in the story where Rory got unmade. Which by the laws established in this episode, means they should be unable to not end up there but they are dead by that point in time. Also doesn't this contradict the way things worked in the episode where there were two Amys. And I need to stop thinking about this because this whole concept of fixed points just don't work for me. *grumble*

Warehouse 13:

Code:
Oh god I love this series. I totally did not see the Artie reveal from last episode coming. I am looking forward to tomorrow's episode. Sad that this will be the last episode for the year. :(
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: September 30, 2012, 12:09:21 PM »

I'm with ya on Warehouse 13. Such a good show. x.x

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: September 30, 2012, 07:14:37 PM »

New Young Justice today...so glad its back. I think they changed the artists up a bit, because characters look slightly different, especially for close ups. Cheshire, for example, when they closed in on her rage face, there was so much more detail than I ever remember from thr old episodes. I like it, even if she looked like an angry old lady for it.

Introducing Arsenal...heh heh.
"What do you REALLY want, revenge? Or satisfaction?"

One of the best quotes. The delivery is just perfect They really nail Lex Luthor.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: September 30, 2012, 09:56:41 PM »

Doctor Who.

Goodbye, Amy Pond. :(

Dude, that's not a spoiler. The whole world knows the Ponds are done. I'm only sad she's done because she's freaking gorgeous. I'm kind of tired of her character, really. Especially this series.
The episode was OK, but didn't do much for me emotionally.
Code:
I thought the "oh, looks like we missed one" business was a stupid way to end their story. And how was Amy able to write the afterward? When did she write it? And how could they possibly have a good life together? I thought they would be stuck in bed for 40 years? I'm confused.

Bring on Oswin. Or whatever she'll be called.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: September 30, 2012, 10:09:50 PM »

Well, it IS a spoiler. :P There are people like who who avoid reading about future episodes like the plague

I agree with you, I like Amy, but her character is done. So it's good she's over, these five episodes were just the wind-down of her character. I also think that the random Weeping Angel at the end was cheap, just a theory I have, don't take it for gospel, but I think Stephen Moffat intended Amy and Rory to martyr themselves by jumping off the roof and causing a paradox that frees New York from the Weeping Angels. However, Doctor Who is a childrens show, and if you have ever watched Doctor Who Confidential, the writers have been repeatedly told off for making the writing too dark.

I felt like the events just after they jump off the roof to be very rushed and not very well written, but before that it was pretty good, the scene where River is embarrassed that the Doctor healed her hand, brilliant writing, the random angel that appears in broad daylight for no reason other than to have a SECOND pseudo-death scene, not very good at all. Something happened there.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: October 01, 2012, 12:45:55 AM »

Holy fucking Dexter episode.  After a pretty weak and predictable 5th and 6th season (despite good ideas), the show managed a really successful reinvention of itself.  Yes, it is based on that zinger of an season finale episode from Winter of last year.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: October 01, 2012, 08:05:43 AM »

Dude, that's not a spoiler. The whole world knows the Ponds are done. I'm only sad she's done because she's freaking gorgeous. I'm kind of tired of her character, really. Especially this series.
The episode was OK, but didn't do much for me emotionally.
Code:
I thought the "oh, looks like we missed one" business was a stupid way to end their story. And how was Amy able to write the afterward? When did she write it? And how could they possibly have a good life together? I thought they would be stuck in bed for 40 years? I'm confused.

Bring on Oswin. Or whatever she'll be called.
Code:
Why would Amy not be able to write it afterwards? They were able to have a good life together because the hotel was destroyed so they were free to live out their lives in the past like any other Weeping Angel victim.

I agree with you, I like Amy, but her character is done. So it's good she's over, these five episodes were just the wind-down of her character. I also think that the random Weeping Angel at the end was cheap, just a theory I have, don't take it for gospel, but I think Stephen Moffat intended Amy and Rory to martyr themselves by jumping off the roof and causing a paradox that frees New York from the Weeping Angels. However, Doctor Who is a childrens show, and if you have ever watched Doctor Who Confidential, the writers have been repeatedly told off for making the writing too dark.

I felt like the events just after they jump off the roof to be very rushed and not very well written, but before that it was pretty good, the scene where River is embarrassed that the Doctor healed her hand, brilliant writing, the random angel that appears in broad daylight for no reason other than to have a SECOND pseudo-death scene, not very good at all. Something happened there. [/color

Code:
I dunno I feel that it sort of works. I guess part of it is that this episode included a slight return to the metaish orgins of the Angels from the detour they took in their last appearance. Rory was going to be dead and buried in that cemetary because we saw the headstone at the beginning of the episode making it fixed in time from a viewer perspective. That wouldn't have happened had the suicide stuck, and I strongly believe that was an element that was intended from the beginning. One way to look at it is that the Angel that took Rory was the first victim and the one who made the paradox creating a closed loop where Rory both started and ended everything. Could be wrong, but I find the idea interesting.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: October 01, 2012, 01:03:10 PM »

demetri martin's show on comedy central (via netflix)

you'll laugh
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 01, 2012, 09:17:58 PM »

Anybody else watching Revolution?  I'm halfway through last week's episode on Hulu, and as much as I want to like it, the main character is so stupid and annoying.  Argh.

On the other hand, the bad guy who's got her brother does a great job.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: October 01, 2012, 09:39:06 PM »

I'm really into young justice lately. It's basically Teen Titans, only careening headfirst into Deus Ex and X-Com.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 99 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: