Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 07:15:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338077 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 126571 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: October 02, 2012, 08:28:05 AM »

Anybody else watching Revolution?  I'm halfway through last week's episode on Hulu, and as much as I want to like it, the main character is so stupid and annoying.  Argh.

On the other hand, the bad guy who's got her brother does a great job.

Yeah, we're watching it and so far I am intrigued, not blown away but I am interested to see where it goes.

Everything's Eventual
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: October 15, 2012, 09:58:59 AM »

The Walking Dead season 3 premiered last season.
I wasn't sure how this was going to go, as season 2 was kind of iffy until the end. Which was smart, because people have somehow convinced themselves in the interim that it's the best show ever. Or at least the marketing people have. Good job, folks.
Anyway, it definitely started out with a bang. Lots of action and things going on. New characters with looming questions. Very good for a season opener. They did exactly what they needed to do. Get me interested and wanting more.

Can't wait for American Horror Story on Wednesday. This is a good week for those of us who don't watch normal TV.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:37:03 AM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: October 15, 2012, 11:24:03 AM »

I was about to say, the amount of propaganda and hype around Walking Dead seems to increase exponentially.

Downton Abbey this week was depressing, especially for a character I really liked. :(

Dexter was good; it feels like there's two plots going on and I don't know where either are going.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: October 17, 2012, 05:58:05 PM »

I have a really affinity for halloween specials... well I never knew it existed, but I just watched "Halloween is Grinch Night" from 1977.... yes the Grinch, as in the Christmas Grinch....  in a halloween special.... Maybe this was common knowledge to everyone, but I was shocked at the discovery of this short little musical....I absolutely suggest it if you appreciate either Dr. Seus or old cartoons.....

Anyone else have any halloween specials they love?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 17, 2012, 06:13:45 PM »

I'd never heard of it, and as a Thurl Ravenscroft fan, I like the Christmas show.

Don't know how legit it is that this is posted on YouTube, but here's Halloween is Grinch Night, for those like me who hadn't seen it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygSEkwRCQPM

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: October 17, 2012, 09:54:24 PM »

I have a really affinity for halloween specials... well I never knew it existed, but I just watched "Halloween is Grinch Night" from 1977.... yes the Grinch, as in the Christmas Grinch....  in a halloween special.... Maybe this was common knowledge to everyone, but I was shocked at the discovery of this short little musical....I absolutely suggest it if you appreciate either Dr. Seus or old cartoons.....

We own it. My wife found a copy a couple years back. It's weird as hell. and not very "Halloweenish" at all. I haven't watched it since the initial viewing.

We always watch the Garfield Halloween, and, of course, Great Pumpkin.
I recently realized that I don't own Nightmare Before Christmas on dvd or Blu, otherwise we'd be watching that as well.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: October 17, 2012, 11:15:24 PM »

So American Horror Story is back and is bat-shit insane as ever.

I'm really reminded of the series opener: a lot of shit going on, which makes it a bit hard to follow what's happening. However, I'm sure these threads will untangle themselves and show how warped and fucked up everything really is. Not really "scary" but certainly quite creepy. The tension between Lange and the scientist felt a bit ham-fisted, but that's just a minor complaint. I'm intrigued and ready to see where things go.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:15:52 AM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: October 18, 2012, 02:38:48 AM »

We own it. My wife found a copy a couple years back. It's weird as hell. and not very "Halloweenish" at all. I haven't watched it since the initial viewing.

We always watch the Garfield Halloween, and, of course, Great Pumpkin.
I recently realized that I don't own Nightmare Before Christmas on dvd or Blu, otherwise we'd be watching that as well.

I'm trying to remember the Garfield Halloween special and I'm coming up with a blank (as it only features John Arbuckle making goofball statements to himself). Really, the only Halloween specials I tend to watch are Great Pumpkin, and when I'm with my folks, Hocus Pocus. Of course I have a tendency to watch really awful SyFy original pictures cuz they're hilarious as hell and make the best MST3k fodder that I can manage freestyle.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: October 18, 2012, 11:06:57 AM »

American Horror Story: Asylum

I agree 100% with Tunnels above. The show is completely screwball crazy right from the get go. So many characters. So many questions.
It's a little odd seeing the same actors from last season, but in different roles. It's hard not to expect them to act the same. I'm not sure this was the best decision.
Adam Levine sucks at acting, but the lucky jerk gets to mack on a hot chick. His role is pretty minor, though.
James Cromwell as a (mad?) scientist! That's cool. But I agree that his exchanges with Sister Jude(Lange) were a bit "off". It's like they just started working together even though this has supposedly been going on for quite awhile.
Still, I'm intrigued as to what he's up to, as well as the roles of the myriad inhabitants of the asylum. I think they went almost a little TOO "out there" with some of them, but it's really too early to tell.
It's definitely a fun show, and I'll be there next week.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: October 18, 2012, 11:11:01 PM »

American Horror Story: Asylum

I agree 100% with Tunnels above. The show is completely screwball crazy right from the get go. So many characters. So many questions.
It's a little odd seeing the same actors from last season, but in different roles. It's hard not to expect them to act the same. I'm not sure this was the best decision.
Adam Levine sucks at acting, but the lucky jerk gets to mack on a hot chick. His role is pretty minor, though.
James Cromwell as a (mad?) scientist! That's cool. But I agree that his exchanges with Sister Jude(Lange) were a bit "off". It's like they just started working together even though this has supposedly been going on for quite awhile.
Still, I'm intrigued as to what he's up to, as well as the roles of the myriad inhabitants of the asylum. I think they went almost a little TOO "out there" with some of them, but it's really too early to tell.
It's definitely a fun show, and I'll be there next week.

I know what you mean about expecting the characters played by the recurring actors to act the same way as their season 1 counterparts. I seriously kept expecting Lange's character to speak in Constance's southern drawl.

Judging from just the first episode, I really liked the reporter lady. I'm going to "root" for her this season, for sure.

Code:
And I felt so bad for her. To find out the person she loves signed her away to an asylum? Talk about a kick to the pants.

I also loved Lange's character, even if I think she's a horrible person (the character, not Lange). Loved her fantasy in the scene with the monseigneur.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: October 22, 2012, 01:47:08 AM »

After being a stubborn idiot I'm going to give Dr. Who season 2 a shot. I love the classics (even have an awesome homemade scarf!)

I loved the Eccleston season, but could never get into Tennant. Then again, I never gave him a real go. UNTIL NOW
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: October 22, 2012, 08:54:29 AM »

Skip Tennant and start with Matt Smith

Been watching the Real Ghostbusters cartoon for Halloween.

That shit is top notch most of the time.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:00:53 AM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: October 22, 2012, 11:22:06 AM »

I'd say watch Girl by the Fireplace and maybe the first and last episodes of the season. The writing wasn't very strong by that point but you do need at least a little bit to figure out what's going on in the third season.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: October 22, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »

Finished Season 1 of Avatar. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: October 23, 2012, 04:58:25 PM »

After being a stubborn idiot I'm going to give Dr. Who season 2 a shot. I love the classics (even have an awesome homemade scarf!)

I loved the Eccleston season, but could never get into Tennant. Then again, I never gave him a real go. UNTIL NOW

Excellent! I don't know what's up with these guys telling you to skip the tennant seasons. I got more out of those than this past season. Moffat has made everything so convoluted. I still enjoy it, just not as much as the previous series/seasons.
It took me awhile to get used to the Doctor change as well. It always does. Overall, Tennant is still my favorite.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: