Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 06:57:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329705 Posts in 13515 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 111061 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: October 23, 2012, 06:47:55 PM »

Finished Season 1 of Avatar. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Love that show.  It only gets better too, damned good for a Nick cartoon.

Downton Abbey was great this week!  A lot of events, some girl power, and after last weeks bomb shell surprise, it was in good spirits about turning things around.  Maggie Smith wins this show

After the last two seasons, Dexter has really turned things around to being amazing again.

I've kinda...lost interest in Boardwalk Empire.  A damn shame, I love a lot of the elements, but the show is too big and too often feels like it's going nowhere.  May pick it up after the season and rush through it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: October 23, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »

After being a stubborn idiot I'm going to give Dr. Who season 2 a shot. I love the classics (even have an awesome homemade scarf!)

I loved the Eccleston season, but could never get into Tennant. Then again, I never gave him a real go. UNTIL NOW

Excellent! I don't know what's up with these guys telling you to skip the tennant seasons. I got more out of those than this past season. Moffat has made everything so convoluted. I still enjoy it, just not as much as the previous series/seasons.
It took me awhile to get used to the Doctor change as well. It always does. Overall, Tennant is still my favorite.

Don't get me wrong, I also like Tennant, I just didn't like Rose. Once Martha shows up he should be fine for the rest of the 10th's run but that's not till the third season/series.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: October 24, 2012, 01:47:52 AM »

Excellent! I don't know what's up with these guys telling you to skip the tennant seasons. I got more out of those than this past season. Moffat has made everything so convoluted. I still enjoy it, just not as much as the previous series/seasons.
It took me awhile to get used to the Doctor change as well. It always does. Overall, Tennant is still my favorite.

RTD is good at dialogue but extremely shit at resolving plots. I can't stand his writing style.
I prefer Moffat's by far.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: October 24, 2012, 11:17:16 AM »

RTD is good at dialogue but extremely shit at resolving plots. I can't stand his writing style.
Well, that;s the debate isn't it? There are those who love Moffat, and those who cant stand his style. Same with Davies. They both have made some damn fine episodes, so I'm kind of in the middle. It's just these past 5(6?) episodes did nothing for me. The show wanted me to feel emotions that I wasn't anywhere close to feeling.
The end of the Rose era had me streaming. IMHO, the show has gotten so complicated and convoluted under Moffat. Too many tendrils to keep track of. It's hard to care about what's going on. Do I still enjoy it? Yes. Just not in the same way I enjoyed the earlier seasons.
But I've seen plenty of people who think the Matt Smith era is the best. I see nothing wrong with that. The beauty of opinions.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: October 24, 2012, 03:39:57 PM »

Well, that;s the debate isn't it? There are those who love Moffat, and those who cant stand his style. Same with Davies. They both have made some damn fine episodes, so I'm kind of in the middle. It's just these past 5(6?) episodes did nothing for me. The show wanted me to feel emotions that I wasn't anywhere close to feeling.
The end of the Rose era had me streaming. IMHO, the show has gotten so complicated and convoluted under Moffat. Too many tendrils to keep track of. It's hard to care about what's going on. Do I still enjoy it? Yes. Just not in the same way I enjoyed the earlier seasons.
But I've seen plenty of people who think the Matt Smith era is the best. I see nothing wrong with that. The beauty of opinions.

It's just like the old Doctor Who debates all over again. :v

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: October 24, 2012, 03:52:02 PM »

Like Moffat, dislike Matt Smith. Like Tennant, Dislike RTD.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: October 25, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »

I've actually grown to like Matt Smith quite a bit.  A lot of people were at concerned at first about how young he was, but I think he's proven everyone wrong. He his the uncanny ability to exude thoughtfulness and maturity far beyond his years.

American Horror Story: Asylum - Second episode last night!
The clusterfuck continues. We're starting to learn more about our characters now. Very interesting. Of course, this just leads to more questions as well.
I'm amazed at what they are able to get away with showing on TV. I know it's on cable, but it almost feels like a pay channel show. Nudity, swearing, violence. It's got it all! I like that they don't hold back.

Playing:
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: October 25, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »

His age doesn't concern me, he's got a good age on me. I just don't like the way he carries himself, it's a matter of personal preference. He's almost exactly like all the middle-class boys I was friends with, they all carry that air of pretension.

Yes, I'm projecting, but it's totally true, he's so typically middle-class.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: October 26, 2012, 03:18:22 PM »

Game of Thrones as boobs.

American Horror Story has asses.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: October 26, 2012, 09:20:12 PM »

Something for everybody! I don't think we've gotten any boobage on AHS yet. There's some weird thinking that says it's ok to show a naked behind, but not a boob. Or at least not the dreaded nipple! Now that's naughty.
BTW, GOT shows it ALL. I have yet to see season 2 and it pisses me off. Probably won't be released on Blu until Spring. Ugh.

Playing:
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: October 27, 2012, 02:08:54 PM »

So I happened to catch the New The Munsters last night and it was pretty ehh. Not that having the sitcom version of the Addams Family is all that hard to do but it'd help if all the actors weren't so milquetoast. And with the overly gratuitous use of the special effects it felt more like some kind of re-imagining like Battlestar Glactica was, and so for the remainder of what I watched I kept expecting the family to shamble off to solve a crime or something.

I'll be surprised if this makes it through an entire season before getting the can or getting passed off to a better network.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: October 27, 2012, 02:27:53 PM »

Something for everybody! I don't think we've gotten any boobage on AHS yet. There's some weird thinking that says it's ok to show a naked behind, but not a boob. Or at least not the dreaded nipple! Now that's naughty.
BTW, GOT shows it ALL. I have yet to see season 2 and it pisses me off. Probably won't be released on Blu until Spring. Ugh.

Yet never any penis.... then again I don't even know if women wanna see that.
I find it annoying.  Not so much Game of Thrones, but I hate that every goddamn HBO show seems to have this as a show requirement of some sort.

Anyways.

Elementary -- great episode, I'm really enjoying this show.  He's not quite as infalliable as the Cumberbatch one, which helps stretch out the case and give you time to maybe make some guesses yourself.  Definitely on the weekly watch list.

The Office -- better season than the last; Andy sucks though, they never know what to do with him and because of it he's gone through everything giving him some importance I don't think he deserves.

30 Rock -- this season has been unreal.  Latest episode was probably the weakest of the bunch, but still a strong send off for the show so far.

New Girl -- Had this in it.  Amazing!

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: October 27, 2012, 03:38:34 PM »

Yet never any penis.... then again I don't even know if women wanna see that.
I find it annoying.  Not so much Game of Thrones, but I hate that every goddamn HBO show seems to have this as a show requirement of some sort.

Actually there are! And not just one, but I can think three separate dongs that have appeared in all their glory over the course of GoT. Of course, one of these was certainly not supposed to be for sexy purposes.

And I certainly aint complaining when one pops up on screen. ;)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: October 27, 2012, 03:55:28 PM »

I guess I am an ass man more than a penis man.

Seeing a schlong does nada for me.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: October 27, 2012, 03:58:14 PM »

I guess I am an ass man more than a penis man.

Seeing a schlong does nada for me.

I always thought a penis looked like something that shouldn't be there... then again, I guess I'm more used to my junk being more of a "hollow" than an appendage.

Butt's make me giggle though.  You can be a scrawny wiener and it still jiggles in an amusing way.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: