Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:16:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 99 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 121540 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #780 on: October 27, 2012, 06:34:34 PM »

So I happened to catch the New The Munsters last night and it was pretty ehh. Not that having the sitcom version of the Addams Family is all that hard to do but it'd help if all the actors weren't so milquetoast. And with the overly gratuitous use of the special effects it felt more like some kind of re-imagining like Battlestar Glactica was, and so for the remainder of what I watched I kept expecting the family to shamble off to solve a crime or something.

I'll be surprised if this makes it through an entire season before getting the can or getting passed off to a better network.

That one episode cost $10 million.  And they decided not to do a series.  What a waste.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: October 27, 2012, 11:34:49 PM »

So I happened to catch the New The Munsters last night and it was pretty ehh. Not that having the sitcom version of the Addams Family is all that hard to do but it'd help if all the actors weren't so milquetoast. And with the overly gratuitous use of the special effects it felt more like some kind of re-imagining like Battlestar Glactica was, and so for the remainder of what I watched I kept expecting the family to shamble off to solve a crime or something.

I'll be surprised if this makes it through an entire season before getting the can or getting passed off to a better network.

That one episode cost $10 million.  And they decided not to do a series.  What a waste.

Wait. Really? Goddamn they REALLY went overboard on the special defects.

Also looks like I finally have something that can join The Incredible Crash Dummies on my 'one episode pilots failing to make it to series status that I've actually managed to catch in broadcast' list.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 29, 2012, 09:47:49 PM »

Thought some folks here might be interested in this: Epic Rap Battles of History - Doc Brown vs. Doctor Who.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDj7gvc_dsA

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: November 03, 2012, 04:25:38 PM »

Yankee Terror Tale:

Code:
[color=black]That ending made me feel physically ill. Surgical modification is one of my biggest fears. Man this show is good, the weakest so far has been the Present Day bits at the start of each episode.[/color]

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: November 04, 2012, 10:32:30 PM »

Walking Dead

Well fuck.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: November 04, 2012, 10:52:36 PM »

Walking dead was rad tonight:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: November 05, 2012, 08:26:18 AM »

Yeah, The Walking Dead has been pretty awesome this season. Last nights episode was crazy. It's pretty much impossible to discuss without going into spoilers:

Code:
One black guy out and another in? Will the prisoner be part of the group now?
My god, the baby scene! I could barely watch. No more Lori, but now we're(not only the group, but the audience!) stuck with a baby?! This is not good. I gtruly wonder how they're going to play this.
And do we really know who opened the gate? The other prisoner?
Then there's the whole Andrea scenario. You just want to yell at her! Don't trust that slick bastard. It's so obvious to us, the audience.
Plus, I'm still waiting for Michonne to actually DO something.

On Friday, I bought series 2 of Sherlock off of Amazon. I watched A Scandal in Belgravia that night.
It was quite enjoyable on the whole. Irene Adler is one hell of an interesting character. Sherlock himself is becoming more and more unlikeable. I know this is all part of the character arc, but damn, what he said to Molly was terrible.
I haven't liked mycroft from the beginning and I still don't . He's just...odd.
It was fun to watch all the back and forth between all these smart and cunning people.
At 90 minutes, these episodes really are movies. Which makes them hard to squeeze in on a weekday. I probably will watch one the next 2 weekends.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: November 08, 2012, 11:56:07 PM »

Battlestar Galactica (newer version, I do remember watching the first series as a kid and course loving Sci-Fi I thought it was the greatest thing ever, actually had a lunchbox, wish i still had that thing!) and Netflix have become my friend.

Everything's Eventual
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: November 11, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »

Be sure to watch the new Battlestar web series: Blood and Chrome. Its online now and its airing on SyFy early next year. I watched the first episode and it seems okay.

Also. Another strong episode of Walking Dead tonite:D

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: November 11, 2012, 11:08:46 PM »

The Walking Dead is actually rocking this year, while American Horror Story is moving along with little direction.
Every episode of TWD has been tense and full of events that keep the pace moving. It's been a great ride so far.
Hopefully AHS will be better this week. It's not bad. It just kind of there.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: November 11, 2012, 11:34:09 PM »

The Walking Dead is actually rocking this year, while American Horror Story is moving along with little direction.
Every episode of TWD has been tense and full of events that keep the pace moving. It's been a great ride so far.

I dunno, I actually prefer this season of AHS to last season's. Last season I constantly felt like they were making things up as they were going, while this season I find the overall story to be much tighter. I also really like Lily Rabe's Sister Eunice, especially after episode 2. I can't wait to see more with her.

But I absolutely agree with you on Walking Dead. Every episode this season is a memorable one and the tension has only barely let up after last week's craziness. Much improved over last season.

Walking Dead spoilers

Code:
Also, me and my friend I watch the show with are 100% convinced Carol is alive. The show seems to be trying hard to make you think she is dead, and the peeps on Talking Dead are being really vague with details about her.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 11:57:52 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: November 12, 2012, 11:08:49 AM »

I dunno, I actually prefer this season of AHS to last season's. Last season I constantly felt like they were making things up as they were going, while this season I find the overall story to be much tighter. I also really like Lily Rabe's Sister Eunice, especially after episode 2. I can't wait to see more with her.

But I absolutely agree with you on Walking Dead. Every episode this season is a memorable one and the tension has only barely let up after last week's craziness. Much improved over last season.

Walking Dead spoilers

Code:
Also, me and my friend I watch the show with are 100% convinced Carol is alive. The show seems to be trying hard to make you think she is dead, and the peeps on Talking Dead are being really vague with details about her.

TWD spoilers:
Code:
Of course she's alive! I never even thought she was dead until the characters starting acting like it. They don't have a body, but they dug a grave. She's totally out there somewhere.
Poor Rick has gone insane, huh? He's too darn vital for the group, so I hope he gets his shit together quick.
Man, The Governor is one hell of a politician! So freaking slimy. You want to yell at Andrea for buying into it.

AHS:
Sister Eunice became way more interesting after whatever happened happened.
To me, THIS season feels like they don't really know where they're going with things. I think that's the point, though. I imagine all(most?) will be explained in time.
spoiler:
Code:
The most mysterious thing being the "alien" connection. The weird mechanical bug, and whatever happened to Kits wife.
I still love it's total offthewallness, and the many mysteries that presents. I just want more than incidental things to happen. We'll see.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: November 18, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »

Walking Dead still continues to impress. They've packed more in six episodes than the last two seasons combined. Once the show hits the mid-season finale, I'm going to really miss it.

Code:
I can totally see why Andrea would bone the Governor. He's hot and charismatic as hell. And yay for Michonne joining up with the good guys! Awesome scenes with her in the forest.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: November 19, 2012, 09:55:06 AM »

Walking Dead still continues to impress. They've packed more in six episodes than the last two seasons combined. Once the show hits the mid-season finale, I'm going to really miss it.

Code:
I can totally see why Andrea would bone the Governor. He's hot and charismatic as hell. And yay for Michonne joining up with the good guys! Awesome scenes with her in the forest.

Totally agree. Great episode. AGAIN. They must have held one hell of a pep rally before filming this season.

Code:
I agree about Andrea and The Governor, but I still can't help but facepalm over it. This cannot end well. BTW, my wife claims the governor is not attractive. I guess he doesn't drink enough blood or have the right kind of teeth(Obvious inside joke). Or a studly (almost) bald guy like me.
I figured Michonne would have a bigger part to play in all this. I'd love to get her story.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: November 23, 2012, 02:37:43 AM »

Started watching Community after a friend made me watch it. I fell in love quickly. I haven't laughed this hard at something on tv for a while, probably not since the early days of The Office. I've gone through the 1st season and started watching the 2nd today. I find it's one of those shows that is much better to watch with buds than alone though, since with everyone laughing it just seems to make the jokes even funnier.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 99 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: