Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 07:08:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319686 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 90 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 96653 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: November 23, 2012, 02:51:04 AM »

Started watching Community after a friend made me watch it. I fell in love quickly. I haven't laughed this hard at something on tv for a while, probably not since the early days of The Office. I've gone through the 1st season and started watching the 2nd today. I find it's one of those shows that is much better to watch with buds than alone though, since with everyone laughing it just seems to make the jokes even funnier.

I'm glad you love it. It has it's problems but it also has a special place in my heart. After my best bud's dad passed away he started hosting dinners on thursdays. He'd make some food and we'd all get ultra-drunk. That tradition carried through for years and Community became the sort of highlight show. By the time that came on we're all fucked up and extra giddy.

I love the names of the episodes of Community. Great memories watching that one w/ friends.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #796 on: December 01, 2012, 11:12:47 AM »

New Girl:  Great Season so far.  Oddly enough, I found Zooey the least amusing, the main fellas on the show are awesome, Schmidt especially.  Thanks to Schmidt for coining the term, "vagenius" for someone good at doing... things.

Elementary:  Nothing more irritating than having a guest star on the show and wondering who the killer is.  Still good, def exceeded expectations I'm sure.

The Office:  Really good episode this week.  Dunno if it's a coincidence that it was better without Andy Bernard... sure helps I bet.  I am so happy for Oscar, even if it means an affair with someone's husband -- he deserves it!

30 Rock: Daww, Liz Lemon got married.  The two "eye rolls" in the episode were priceless.  Tracey Jordan was fucking great this week too. 

Vampire Diaries: I've kinda lost my interest in this show... mainly because it's so...complicated.  Between introducing some new mythological being, love triangles that will end with everyone having slept with everyone else... hm. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: December 01, 2012, 01:41:35 PM »

American Horror Story: Sometimes I'm blown back by how well acted this show is, the actresses in particularly. Sarah Paulson's mixture of fear, revulsion and determination to live when in Bloody Face's basement just sent chills up my spine.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #798 on: December 01, 2012, 01:49:33 PM »

is the new season of American Horror story better than the 1st? Is it a continuing story?

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #799 on: December 01, 2012, 01:51:33 PM »

New Girl:  Great Season so far.  Oddly enough, I found Zooey the least amusing, the main fellas on the show are awesome, Schmidt especially.  Thanks to Schmidt for coining the term, "vagenius" for someone good at doing... things.

Elementary:  Nothing more irritating than having a guest star on the show and wondering who the killer is.  Still good, def exceeded expectations I'm sure.

The Office:  Really good episode this week.  Dunno if it's a coincidence that it was better without Andy Bernard... sure helps I bet.  I am so happy for Oscar, even if it means an affair with someone's husband -- he deserves it!

30 Rock: Daww, Liz Lemon got married.  The two "eye rolls" in the episode were priceless.  Tracey Jordan was fucking great this week too. 

Vampire Diaries: I've kinda lost my interest in this show... mainly because it's so...complicated.  Between introducing some new mythological being, love triangles that will end with everyone having slept with everyone else... hm. 

I love how weird the office can be and I hope they continue to NOT HAVE ANDY. He's a useless character. I absolutely love the dude they hired as a hitman. "that's a 300 dollar gun! someone might steal it!"
And then he shows up with a sandwich with a pipe sticking out of it. That was genius.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #800 on: December 01, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »

is the new season of American Horror story better than the 1st? Is it a continuing story?

I loved the first season, but I do think this one is better. Better production, better scripts, better characters. I did find the wife in the first season a bit tiresome, so I'm glad theres no character like that.

No, it's not a continuing story. Every season uses the same ensemble cast but its a different story, different characters, different setting and time period. Season 2 is set in the early 60's. I really like this aspect of it. You get to see these great actors showing off a whole different range.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: December 01, 2012, 02:02:07 PM »

That's a brilliant idea actually.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: December 01, 2012, 05:06:24 PM »

American Horror Story: Sometimes I'm blown back by how well acted this show is, the actresses in particularly. Sarah Paulson's mixture of fear, revulsion and determination to live when in Bloody Face's basement just sent chills up my spine.

Yeah, she is absolutely fantastic. I especially liked her in that incredibly unsettling scene back in episode 5 or so where Dr. Threadson

Code:
performs that revulsion therapy on Lana. She was so believable in her disgust and determination.

I'm also super digging Lily Rabe, she just has such a presence. My eyes go straight to her in every scene she is in.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #803 on: December 02, 2012, 11:49:41 AM »

AHS: I've found this season amusing, but way too much of a clusterfuck. It's hard to keep track of all the threads going on. Personally, I found season one fit the "horror story" angle much better. Season 2 is disturbing in many ways, but less of a horror story. That's not to say that I don't enjoy it. I'm still amazed a show like this even exists.
Code:
I'm still having a hard time buying the psych doc as Bloody face. The turnabout with him was so shocking that it made no sense. All the stuff he did in the hospital was just made up? How did he get in? No one checked his credentials? Is he really a psych doc? I would have to watch earlier episodes again to see if there were any early signs I missed.
I agree on the acting part. Lily Rabe especially has been amazing. I just love her in her current "form".

TWD - Mid season finale already tonight! That went by WAY too fast. I imagine some serious shit is going to go down tonight.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #804 on: December 03, 2012, 09:11:03 AM »

I watched Bob's Burgers last night ...for the second time ever!

I don't know why I avoided it for so long.  Jon H Benjamin is worth tuning into enough if he's in it, he tends to be great in whatever he's in (started watching Archer on and off too).  That, and I think I'm still new enough to the show to be terribly amused by men voicing two of the women on the show (Tina and Linda).  This episode was a bit of a treat because Bob Odenkirk was guest starring, so I kept the TV tuned in when I recognized the voice.  If you don't know Odenkirk, he plays Saul, my favorite Breaking Bad character. 

This is a fun TV show. :)
It's now on my watch list!

----

Dexter:  For such an amazing season so far, this last episode was the dud.  Everythign felt so, so contrived... 
Dad's visiting!  He was an asshole, but he's clean now!  Oh...he wants money for a "business".  No dad, you can't have it!  Dad! You're drunk!  Dad's an asshole again. >=(
The stripper-cop sub-plot needed to be suffocated with a pillow.
Kudos to Dex for having the hottest girlfriend on the planet.  Many lovely ladies seem to be attracted to a killer.... go figure.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #805 on: December 03, 2012, 11:43:44 AM »

No one's talking about the Walking Dead finale? What the heck. It was just as crazy as I expected.
Code:
Nothing was resolved! I figured we'd get at least one character death, or something, but it's all left open. Totally tense show to watch, though. I don't like how they skipped right over them catching Daryl. I suppose that was to allow the ending to have a bigger effect. Especially with the Guv turning on Mearle.
Andrea is so god damn stupid. She's actually sticking with the nutjob?
Machionne(sp?) would be cooler if she talked even a little bit. It's hard to like a character that doesn't do much besides swing a sword.
And THEN we have this new group showing up? I suppose they need more in the group to make up for past, and future, deaths.

It's going to be a long wait.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #806 on: December 03, 2012, 03:59:57 PM »

I watched Bob's Burgers last night ...for the second time ever!

I don't know why I avoided it for so long.  Jon H Benjamin is worth tuning into enough if he's in it, he tends to be great in whatever he's in (started watching Archer on and off too).  That, and I think I'm still new enough to the show to be terribly amused by men voicing two of the women on the show (Tina and Linda).  This episode was a bit of a treat because Bob Odenkirk was guest starring, so I kept the TV tuned in when I recognized the voice.  If you don't know Odenkirk, he plays Saul, my favorite Breaking Bad character. 

This is a fun TV show. :)
It's now on my watch list!

I've been watching it on and off the last 2 years (I think this is the 2nd season) and it is pretty good.  The Halloween episode this season was awesome.  If it's on Hulu (I imagine it is since it's recent), it's worth checking out.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #807 on: December 16, 2012, 09:28:40 AM »

Anyone else here watch Raising Hope. It's by far my favorite comedy on TV.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #808 on: December 23, 2012, 11:04:26 PM »

Yes, we love it, and while not my favorite comedy, actually not sure I have one, but it's certainly in my top echelon of favorite comedies, the show is not only hilarious but also well written and can have a (somewhat) serious side as the family may be well beyond the normal but they are still family and look out for each other in the long run.

Everything's Eventual
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #809 on: December 28, 2012, 02:34:05 AM »

Community is hands-down the best written TV comedy I've ever seen. I haven't laughed so hard at a TV show since I was a kid. I finished season 2 a couple weeks ago and have been watching highlight episodes from season 3. The video game episode was pure gold, and the Ken Burns Civil War style documentary  was so clever and amazing. Remedial Chaos Theory is probably the stand-out episode so far, and I can see how it was nominated. I've never seen a show that deals with friendship in such a realistic way. I can earnestly believe these characters are friends, and I get to spend time with them every time I watch.

Code:
I mean, at the end of Remedial Chaos Theory, when the characters are just dancing around and singing Roxanne, that is what friendship is to me: lowering your guard and letting go of your inhibitions and not being afraid to act silly. It's like being drunk without alcohol. I think this show just gets what it means to be in a friendship.

They can never make enough episodes.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 03:51:12 AM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 90 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: