Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 02:44:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327632 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 96 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 106621 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: January 29, 2013, 03:16:13 PM »

Yeah, the Doctors bit is just extrapolation from the few details we are given about them, but at the same time I can't think of any other explanation for their actions. I won't however believe they were just added for the sake of having aliens in the show. Asylum's themes, imagery and symbolism are all so well thought out, better than Murder House's was, it is unlikely that is the case.

It's not like this sort of thing is without precedent in the series though. The whole of Murder House basically revolved around the baby and how it was some sort of apocalyptic messiah, but the most we see come out of that is three years later when he kills his nanny.  

Code:
Oh, I totally agree there. I'm sure there's more to the alien bit than shock value. A producer could probably blow our minds with what they we're really doing with all the shows themes. It just makes me feel stupid when I miss something that other people see.
Why are you calling season one Murder House? This is the first time I've heard this title used.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: January 29, 2013, 03:21:25 PM »

Oh, its been retroactively named Murder House. It's what the house is called in the actual show when that tour van comes around. It's just a way to differentiate the series, since each series is a different story.

Murder House
Asylum
????

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:02 PM »

^^ Ooooo kinda like how 999 was retroactively called Zero Escape: 999?? :O  (That's the only reference I know you and I will both know).

Over the last few weeks I watched ALL and am cut up on Parks and Rec.
The first season was...pretty awful, she's Michael Scott ver 2.
Everything after was pure, pure gold though.  I don't find Amy Poehler adorable at all, but she plays one of the sweetest characters.  And while The Office is based around awkward relationships, I love how pretty much everyone in Parks are...buddies. :D
It's hard to find a character I dislike, this show is grand. x)
Nothing like when regular TV can entertain.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: February 02, 2013, 02:02:52 PM »

The new season of RuPaul's Drag Race just started, and I already have a favorite queen: Jade Jolie. Not only does she make a gorgeous queen with an impossibly bubbly and infectious personality, but she's also a gamer! She got part of her drag name, Jade, from Mortal Kombat. Only one episode has aired, and I'm crossing my fingers that she'll win, or at the very least go far.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 02, 2013, 10:11:22 PM »

A few weeks ago, we started going through the new Doctor Who series and watching the episodes we liked.  We're up to the last few episodes of season 3 (the one with Martha), and I'm realizing a couple of things.

One, that I really like how they set everything up over the course of the season for these final episodes, and also, these last few episodes of the season are really good.  (Not perfect, perhaps, but really good.)

Two, I'm definitely seeing the arrogance and harshness of David Tennant's Doctor starting to come in.  He's still got another season plus what amounts to a season worth of specials to go, but by the end, that version of The Doctor really needed to leave.  He was too convinced that whatever he wanted to be right was automatically right.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:52:12 AM by Tooker » Logged

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: February 02, 2013, 11:56:49 PM »

So the Office keeps playing on its retarrded Plot Twist and new love triangle (like the show hasn't seen enough?).  Pam apparently is crushing on the "behind the scenes" BOOM MIKE guy and have had a "friendly and platonic" relationship behind the scenes.  THis is a silly move to pull, not only to show a hidden friendship/developing romance completely behind the scenes, but also takes a well played character, whom over the course of 9 years we saw her wonderfully played romance with Jim, and demotes her to a cheap girl pinning for yet another fella in secret.  I realize marriage tensions happen, but I don't think this was a good way to do it, nor a good way to break the 4th in the show.

And fuck it.  Pam's a shitty painter.

30 Rock is now over.  It had a good seven years and I'm glad it knew when to quit and move on.  Everyone got a good ending, and while I won't say it was a fun-filled episode (i.e. "funny-filled"), and while the show wasn't always my taste in humor, it was still a great end to an overall great show.  So long 30 Rock!  Hope the next thing Tina Fey does is great, she's proved herself beautifully here.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:59:26 PM by Dice » Logged

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: February 04, 2013, 08:17:11 AM »

*bark bark bark*
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:35:59 PM by Dice » Logged

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: February 04, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »

Shin Sekai no Yori -- I love that this series time skips.  Recent episode has a man with *two irises* per eye. ... I'll let you think about that one (answer: yes, he does come in to kick ass).  This series is dark and pretty depressing, I'm convinced the pretty and giant eyed characters are meant to "fluff" it up a bit.

Kotoura - It's 4 for 4 on good episodes, but I'd regard the latest as the weakest; the bit with the grandpa (while I'm glad he's still a really active part in her life) was grossly unnecessary.

Amnesia - The revelation for Red wasn't too interesting, turns out the more critical "I killed a man" was a small fuck up... a shame because the mistake was more interesting, if harder to deal with.  I like their convenient method for "switching boys".  We're onto "Blue" next I guess (the only guy's name I got memorized is Toma's... he looks the least full of himself, so woo, I root for him! But if the OP/ED have anything to determine the "order" of pairings, I think he might be last D:  )

I never realized the amount of quick 5 min episodes (last i watched was...DiGi Character...like ten years ago almost).  Do they just air between things?

Seems like you're in the wrong thread.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: February 04, 2013, 05:36:41 PM »

*Technically* not. :D

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: February 05, 2013, 09:53:50 PM »

Young Justice is getting cancelled. Fuck.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: February 05, 2013, 09:57:07 PM »

Young Justice is getting cancelled. Fuck.
You read that too, huh?

I thought it just hadn't been renewed yet, though. Sucks especially since this whole season has been great.

Edit: Petition for preventing the cancellation of it and Green Lantern (GL is pretty meh, w/e)

https://www.change.org/petitions/cartoon-network-warner-bros-bring-back-young-justice-and-green-lantern-the-animated-series
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:02:26 PM by Agent D. » Logged

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: February 05, 2013, 10:09:24 PM »

I'm surprised, I thought it was doing well.  I know a lot of (youth's?) cartoons don't really run a long time, but I thought this was different.  Any reason?  The way the schedule for the 2nd season was pretty messy but I doubt that's the whole thing.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: February 05, 2013, 10:51:37 PM »

I'm surprised, I thought it was doing well.  I know a lot of (youth's?) cartoons don't really run a long time, but I thought this was different.  Any reason?  The way the schedule for the 2nd season was pretty messy but I doubt that's the whole thing.
It wasn't picked up was the only reason I read. Apparently, the new teen titans cartoon and new batman cartoon are replacing them. Sad times, since neither of them look all that good.

TASTY!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: February 05, 2013, 11:22:22 PM »

The conspiracy theory is CN cares more about toy sales than ratings and YJ toys don't sell.

It could also be the thing where the...animators guild or whatever animators have, has a deal where if a show goes over so many episodes everyone gets guaranteed raises. A deal that kind of backfired on them since it means a lot of times networks would rather cancel a show after two seasons than pay up. There's loopholes though, like Justice League: Unlimited was a 'new' show.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: February 08, 2013, 08:56:38 AM »

Starting a rewatch of Doctor Who from the very beginning, starting with Hartnell.

I'd forgotten what a bastard he was at the beginning.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 96 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: