Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:03:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334826 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 99 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 121801 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: February 10, 2013, 01:34:04 AM »

The Office is a perfect shitstorm of a trainwreck.

Man the writers have no idea what they want to do with this, it sems.

THe last episode wasn't even funny.  It *was trying* to be more serious, so it switched the funny out, but...who cares?
I hate it though; instead of finishing it and leaving a great legacy, they're dragging it out and really ruining what I loved about the show initially.  They should have structured and ended it around M Scott's departure.

Ironically, Parks and Rec started out just as pure shit, a poor man's 'The Office' clone, but is a *way* stronger series in pretty much every episode season 2 and up (except "Sister City", that was awful and the one exception).

The last three Elementary episodes: Good-Meh-Great.

Archer has been a bit soft lately, it's capable of better, but still provides awesome character interactions.

I'm with Mongoosey on HIMYM ("him-yim" just made it easier to write the acronym, thanks Tunny!!) and Big Bang.  I find them average at best.  All Big Bang really has going for it are Sheldon and sometimes Penny.  HIMYM is a show better without its lead (who's just too boring).  The few eps the boyfriend showed me as shining examples are all I really like.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: February 11, 2013, 03:36:11 PM »

I loved HIMYM for the 1st 4 seasons or so.... but damn IMO it's been dragging something fierce

I read somewhere, heck maybe it was here I don't know, that the writers wanted to end it last season but NBC or whatever station they're on has been pushing for more seasons.  I think they said season 9 might be the end? Not sure.

All Big Bang really has going for it are Sheldon and sometimes Penny. 

Bollocks.  Howard and Raj are by far the best.  Amy is amusing at times as well.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:39:58 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: February 11, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »

Girls -- I watch the show on and off, but I think I can make a comment by now.  I think there's a bit too much hype around the show and some of it is reeally pretentious.  But for the most part, does a pretty good job.  I'm probably alone, but I get sick of the amount of sex stuff in HBO shows, it's a bit redundant and oddly expected.   Also, as I giant tomboy I have trouble with some of the excessive girly-ness; but overall (and to give the quick gist) t's a more down-to-earth continuation of Sex and the City.

Recent ep had some interesting nude scenes with Lena Dunham.  Good on her for not being afraid to show off an overweight body; but oddly enough, the excessive tats are what are turning me off from finding her overall look appealing.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: February 15, 2013, 12:29:10 PM »

The Office -- A one hour episode that they clearly had trouble filling in the time with.  Eugh, y'know, I was ok with M. Scott's departure for the first season, but with continuous disappointment, I consider the parts of the show that he was the Dunder Mifflin manager as canon and the rest taking place in some alternate reality.  They're focused on closing off plot lines.  Dwight and Angela, Jim and Pam (which is becoming more exhausting because neither are reconcilable), Toby and....the Scranton Strangler?? From like a few seasons back???  Huh.  Comepletely out of left field, but I've come to love Oscar for his sensible nature and occasional ability to bring up some great scenes.

Community -- you can tell the same people aren't involved with this season.  Ahbed gets the quote of the year, "I remember when this show used to be about a Community College".  It speaks volumes.  ACtually...

Archer -- ...kinda feels like this too, it's gotten a bit wacky and it lacks the same laughs it used to because the ISIS staff is becoming head-in-ass retarded.

Parks and Rec --  I do like the show seems to have found a proper villain for once.  The episode was pretty good though, silly and sweet.  I feel bad for Andy though.

Elementary -- I really like this show.  Good mystery!  It's less ostentatious than the BBC one, but contains some of the common cop drama of an American series.  The blend works though.

I also watched the First episode of "The Newsroom".  I'm mixed.  It's got a TON of potential, but I think it touts itself as being a bit smarter than it is... it's hard to explain it.  I also find politically driven material really hard to push and a tad irritating, even if it is well-meaning and makes good arguments.  I might stick with it, the cast is great, and the performances perfect -- the content, even if provoking, may be less so.  I thought, better than the epic speech in the first episode, the aftermath where the school sues for "psychological distress" or something was what *screamed* "modern day" America to this Canadian alien. ;)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:16:17 PM by Dice » Logged

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: February 18, 2013, 12:23:47 AM »

Walking Dead was pretty good tonight. Set up for some interesting stuff to come.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: February 18, 2013, 01:39:38 AM »

Walking Dead was pretty good tonight. Set up for some interesting stuff to come.

I agree. For the first half I was a little worried it would be one of the more low-key episodes, like the ones from season 2, but then we hit the bridge scene, as well as those last 15 minutes, which were intense.

Code:
Hoping this attack will snap Rick out of his daze so he can be a friggin' leader again. And yay, Daryl's back! I love love love him and Carol together, so I hope that progresses some.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: February 18, 2013, 04:36:32 PM »

Yeah, TWD was pretty decent tonight. Better than last week, which just kind of felt like a vehicle for commercials. Actually, it ALL does now, but that's what comes with success. Endless commercials!
Code:
Don't we all just want to punch Andrea? She should have seen through that idiot from the start. He's a freakin' game show host. I understand the wish for stability and comfort, but common sense needs to stick around, too.
The whole Daryl/Merle thing is kind of weird. It's like they had him leave just so he could come back. There was no real good reason there. He knew it, too.
I think we are ALL getting tired of Rick's dementia. Maybe if Lori wasn't such a plain jane idiot, I'd understand it, but I don't, so snap out of it!

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: February 18, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »

New Adventure Time:

Fionna and Cake need their own show!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: February 18, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »

New Adventure Time:

Fionna and Cake need their own show!
I concur, Fionna and Cake are awesome. But Marceline---->Marshall Lee. Prince Gumball is more awesome than Princess Bubblegum, mostly because Neil Patrick Harris wins.

TASTY!
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: February 18, 2013, 09:37:34 PM »

Code:
Don't we all just want to punch Andrea? She should have seen through that idiot from the start. He's a freakin' game show host. I understand the wish for stability and comfort, but common sense needs to stick around, too.

I can't stand Andrea either, she's definitely taken Lori's place as worst character on the show.
Code:
You'd think by now with the masses of evidence that she'd realise that the governor is a monster. Decapitated heads in tanks, the zombie child, kidnapping her former allies, bloodsports and a band of thugs as his militia. But all it takes is a little flattery from him and she's back on his side.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: February 18, 2013, 09:51:52 PM »

RE: The Office....

Andy went from likable buffoon to complete and insufferable asshole 
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: February 26, 2013, 08:42:04 PM »

The last four or so episodes have been kind of bland for me. I'm hoping that next week's episode is going to be good. It looks like it.

Does anyone else think the that
Code:
The Governor
is a bland character?
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: February 27, 2013, 06:16:09 PM »

This weeks episode of the WD wasn't great, there's been too much filler in the second half of this season, it seems to have turned into a soap opera again. I almost gave up on the show after season 2, but then it returned to form. I hope they're going to get things back on track soon, killing off Andrea would be a start. I thought I couldn't like her any less than I already did, but she gets worse by every episode.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: February 27, 2013, 08:43:10 PM »

Yeah, this second half of season 3 has been weaker than the first half. Still decently entertaining, though. The show has been a soap opera from the beginning. I've never understood that argument. The zombies are there just for filler.

I finally started watching season 2 of Game of Thrones today. HBO can go screw for taking so long to release it.
Damn, this show is great.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: February 27, 2013, 11:55:40 PM »

This weeks episode of the WD wasn't great, there's been too much filler in the second half of this season, it seems to have turned into a soap opera again. I almost gave up on the show after season 2, but then it returned to form. I hope they're going to get things back on track soon, killing off Andrea would be a start. I thought I couldn't like her any less than I already did, but she gets worse by every episode.

My wife and I crack up at the actress that plays Andrea. She always "bobs" when she walks and she leans a lot when she is staying still. I think season 2, in some respect, is better than the last four or so episodes of this season. One thing I don't like about this season is the Governor character. I think his character is bland.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 99 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: