Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 03:47:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341291 Posts in 13948 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 101 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 131572 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: May 06, 2013, 01:37:51 PM »

Game of Thrones S3E6: If you've ever wanted to hate Joffrey and Littlefinger (and to a lesser extent, Melisandre) just a bit more, this is the episode for you.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: May 06, 2013, 02:48:20 PM »

On the upside, I found a new way to describe myself: Swordswallower.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: May 12, 2013, 04:51:16 PM »

Touch season finale was so good, and ended on a wonderful note. Enough of a loose end to start a season 3 with, but also enough closure that it wouldn't be aggravating if there was no season 3. I really like when seasons end on such a note.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: May 15, 2013, 04:45:03 PM »

after a rocky start this season of Community has been pretty damn great. Some of the most unique and interesting episodes for a comedy show ever. The whole idea that they accidentally created an "evil timeline" that's trying to destroy them is incredible .
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: May 16, 2013, 08:30:57 AM »

I finished the fourth season of Modern Family yesterday. I still haven't seen 1-3 because they're not available on Hulu or Netflix, so season 4 was where I started. Honestly, I can see why this show is praised, but I hate how the writers try to ram some things down the viewers' throats.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: May 16, 2013, 10:02:31 AM »

I finished the fourth season of Modern Family yesterday. I still haven't seen 1-3 because they're not available on Hulu or Netflix, so season 4 was where I started. Honestly, I can see why this show is praised, but I hate how the writers try to ram some things down the viewers' throats.

The ending "morals" do get tiresome no matter what show.  But they usually try to flub it off with someone dropping a dumb line or zinger at the end.  But I still get amazed by some of that show's quick wit, jokes that are completely and awesomely "out there".

And Community's ending was ok, but not a good way to end a "beloved series".  I'm glad they added another season, hopefully it shapes up a bit better. THe middle of the fourth season was probably the strongest though.  I definitely think they need to write of Chang or something... he's become a sort of tiresome nuisance to the episodes he's in and has no real direction.

Anyways, New Girl is done its second season.  Great show, the final three episodes were awesome.  The finale also showed a pretty well placed cameo from Taylor Swift (who got some lines that definitely poke a bit of fun at the singer).  Schmidt was on his A-game, Nick was a lot of fun, but despite having what's the least amount of screen time, Winston is my favorite this time.
Prostitute: "Are you a virgin?"
Winsotn: "Only my penis, baby, only my penis."

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: May 16, 2013, 04:23:49 PM »

Is New Girl that good?  I was going to watch it when it started but somehow forgot about it.  Zooey is really pretty.

I could have sworn they were on Netflix.  Maybe they took them down at some point. 

I love the show. I have always been a sucker for anything remotely close to a sitcom as I grew up with shows like Saved by the Bell, Family Matters, Fresh Prince, etc., etc.  What parts are you referring to as far as ramming things down viewers throats?  Jokes?  I'm fairly certain I know what you mean and I think I feel the same way, but I'm curious if you could elaborate.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: May 17, 2013, 07:38:22 AM »

I was talking about the homosexual thing. I don't really care that they're homosexuals even if I disagree with their lifestyle, but the way the characters are written, it's like writers are trying to bash in my skull "these two guys are homosexual." Yes, I got the picture when I first saw them in episode one of season four where they were living together and had an adopted Vietnamese daughter. Now can you stop doing that for the next 21 episodes? Oh, no. Well, that sucks.

The writers don't do it nearly as badly with Jay and Gloria. "Jay is an old white man who is insensitive since he has white privilege and Gloria's fucking hot with a thick accent."

My main fault with the show is that they portray the homosexual as "GAY GAY GAY GAY" instead of normal people like they do in the other two families. Yes, I understand homosexuality isn't exactly "normal" seeing as a small percentage of people are actually gay, but they're people, not circus freaks.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: May 17, 2013, 09:59:33 AM »

Perhaps they over do the stereotypical gay thing because they don't actually show the actual gay things about them. They aren't physically intimate and they aren't shown as having a sex life like the other couples, Phil and Claire and Jay and Gloria.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: May 17, 2013, 10:59:38 AM »

Is New Girl that good?  I was going to watch it when it started but somehow forgot about it.  Zooey is really pretty.

I could have sworn they were on Netflix.  Maybe they took them down at some point. 

I love the show. I have always been a sucker for anything remotely close to a sitcom as I grew up with shows like Saved by the Bell, Family Matters, Fresh Prince, etc., etc.  What parts are you referring to as far as ramming things down viewers throats?  Jokes?  I'm fairly certain I know what you mean and I think I feel the same way, but I'm curious if you could elaborate.

New Girl is solid. Lots of fun.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: May 17, 2013, 04:32:05 PM »

I'll check it out Yodes. Hopefully season 1 is on netflix.

I was talking about the homosexual thing. I don't really care that they're homosexuals even if I disagree with their lifestyle, but the way the characters are written, it's like writers are trying to bash in my skull "these two guys are homosexual." Yes, I got the picture when I first saw them in episode one of season four where they were living together and had an adopted Vietnamese daughter. Now can you stop doing that for the next 21 episodes? Oh, no. Well, that sucks.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I figured you would mention that or that they sometimes try too hard to set up jokes that it comes off as unnatural.  They do portray Cam as overly flamboyant, but Starmongoose is probably right as they really don't do any of the normal things he mentioned.  They didn't even kiss for awhile, which was something they got flak for.

Cam's a great character though.  Probably my favorite.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: May 18, 2013, 11:03:19 AM »

Touch season finale was so good, and ended on a wonderful note. Enough of a loose end to start a season 3 with, but also enough closure that it wouldn't be aggravating if there was no season 3. I really like when seasons end on such a note.

I hate to break it to you but it was announced a week or two ago that the show was cancelled and there would be no season 3.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: May 18, 2013, 03:35:43 PM »

That Doctor Who finale!!!!
:O :O :O

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: May 19, 2013, 10:12:51 PM »

The Office Finale
The series overstayed its welcome, but it was a sweet ending nonetheless.
Code:
Michael showed up, I think that's enough to bump the finale a full star. Particularly beautiful was how it happened:
Dwight: "Michael, you came...!"
Michael: "That's what she said..." and smiles.

Perfect. :)

It was pretty tame, and the whole "documentary gone gold" was too much of the show jerking itself off (I guess? I'm glad? Erin found her mum? And dad????).  It was definitely a safe finale, but definitely a nice way to end it anyways.  So yay.

Hannibal
Hmm.  Not digging how casually they brought up Will Graham and whats-her-face having some romantic feelings.  I liked the line before it all though when they were sent to investigate a crime:
Will: "A coyote did it, and if it didn't, a coyote ran away with the evidence..... *looks to Alana* Sooooo...do you date??".
Good and fucking gruesome episode again.  I'm kinda torn on one half, since the Hannibal series tends to focus on very gruesome crimes as well, just makes it a creepy thing to make a series of since a lot of the criminals are crazy with illusions of grandeur, or god-complexes, or murder as their art or whatever.  But different than the whole "I murdered her because she SHTUPPED my best friend in my car!!!!".
....THE CRIMINAL MADE A FUCKING CELLO OUT OF A CORPSE.  AAUUUGGH. 
Very graphic. 
I was eating.

Orphan Black
I love this show mainly because the performances make it quite entertaining and the characters are extrememly diverse.
Not much new information plot-wise, but we go from good to funny to tragic character development.
I'm enjoying the series.
I was particularly keen on Helena's dance...and the fucking weird ass context of her dancing with...a tail.

Tatiana Malsany is my new favorite acting HERO for the multiple roles she plays, convincingly, and very seemlessly.... goddamn I hope she gets a big check.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: May 20, 2013, 07:08:53 AM »

Whee new Doctor Who episode was fun. I never would have guessed that was the solution of the impossible girl mystery.

Code:
Honestly the answer feels a little awkward to me considering that the first doctor clearly spoke with her and made an important decision based on her advice. Seems forced that the Doctor just never realized that she was apparently always with him.

However the more interesting bits were the continued implication that the Doctor's future will continue to darken and most importantly of all the "lost" incarnation of the Doctor. Where does he fit in? There are really only three points that seem possible at this point. First would be if he was the actual first incarnation, but that seems a little weird and ham fisted. Second would be he is supposed to be one of the darker future incarnations of the Doctor, but it seemed that the current Doctor knew exactly who it was so that feels off to me. The last possibility would be if he was an incarnation that existed during the Time War between the eighth and what we thought was the ninth incarnation of the Doctor. It seems possible (although it would screw the numbering system up). I mean the book on the Time War did list the Doctor by his real name and not his self given name and this Doctor did not live up to the name of the "Doctor". Only problem is that the Doctor has shown that while he dislikes his decision in the Time War, he doesn't regret it because it had to be done. Should be interesting to see where this goes in the specials.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 101 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: