Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:02:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330138 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 112321 times)
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1065 on: August 09, 2013, 07:57:17 AM »

They put a new season of Peep Show up on netflix.

Brilliant show. Just great humor. Humour

Damn fine program. Absolutely hilarious. Netflix had completely taken it off streaming for a while, which really pissed me off, but then they re-added it later with the new season. :D

"Jeremy, you're supposed to sit on a nest egg. Not eat it like some greedy man-chicken!"
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1066 on: August 11, 2013, 09:22:52 AM »

One of my favorite parts in the new season is when they're at a bar and Mark sees Dobby and her friends laughing and he wonders "what are they laughing at?" and he walks up to them and yells "what the fuck are you laughing at?" and thinks again "hmm perhaps that was too aggressive"
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1067 on: August 12, 2013, 03:20:16 AM »

Breaking Bad was godly. This series will go down in the annals of time, I swear.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1068 on: August 12, 2013, 09:27:06 AM »

Breaking Bad was godly. This series will go down in the annals of time, I swear.

Yeah, I firmly believe it's the best show on television right now.

And I said it once, and I'll say it again: Badger and Skinny Pete need a spin-off.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1069 on: August 12, 2013, 08:15:18 PM »

BrBa
^ Yeah whoever wrote the 'fan fiction' segment of that episode should get hired for the next movie! x)
*Amazing* episode of BrBa; I could totally feel and relate to every exaggeration Hank felt in his discovery.  From feeling shock, feeling ill, and feeling completely messed up.  The final scene in this ep I'm sure caused silence inside of homes; it definitely felt like it'd have been gut wrenching to hear family talk this way... when Hank said "I don't know who you are" in the drained expression, it was totally believable.  

Love that we get teased with a later part of the season later on.

"Hi Karol".

The Newsroom even had a good night!  It was probably a more honest, straightforward, and less bullshitty episode then many of the others in this season and series.  Sloan taking control of shit was great, Will McAvoy dealt with some emotional shit rather than gave people fresh shit for their ideas, and Maggie finally grew some balls and stopped stuttering the shit on her mind.  

Not from this ep, but pretty funny

Dexter, on the other hand, was blind and almost lacking any direction or punch as we enter the second leg of the final season.  Unless we get some serious twists, something tells me the direction it's going in won't make for an impressive finale to a series that would have met a more graceful end 3 years ago.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:53:01 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1070 on: August 12, 2013, 09:25:55 PM »

The newsroom...

Olivia Munn is the most awesome person on TV, but I sadfaced when they didn't show the pics of her.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1071 on: August 13, 2013, 12:32:09 AM »

Yeah. Barring a terrible ending this might be a near perfect show, edging out the wire. I love the
creepy looks to the near future.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1072 on: August 13, 2013, 12:35:47 AM »

I started watching bob's burgers recently,thanks to adult swim. I fucking love this show...

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1073 on: August 13, 2013, 12:54:03 AM »

I started watching bob's burgers recently,thanks to adult swim. I fucking love this show...

I admire the hell out of its love of puns.  Louise is also all sorts of wonderful.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1074 on: August 13, 2013, 09:05:29 AM »

Tina makes me laugh, Gene's hilarious....the whole show just works. But Louise really sells. Kristen Schaal is an actress bores me,but her voice acting is astounding.

TASTY!
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: August 13, 2013, 10:57:53 AM »

Unless we get some serious twists, something tells me the direction it's going in won't make for an impressive finale to a series that would have met a more graceful end 3 years ago.

You said it. I think the Trinity Killer/death of you-know-who arc should have been the end of it, personally. That would have been a damn good cliff-hangy way to end the series. Maybe ending with a narration about how things never change, cycle goes on, Harry save me blah blah.

Bob's Burgers is a damn good show. I like how it manages to be funny as hell, without being incredibly crude (which I DO appreciate, at times). It also has a small, but sincere amount of heart. Good stuff.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1076 on: August 13, 2013, 11:14:41 AM »

Unless we get some serious twists, something tells me the direction it's going in won't make for an impressive finale to a series that would have met a more graceful end 3 years ago.

You said it. I think the Trinity Killer/death of you-know-who arc should have been the end of it, personally. That would have been a damn good cliff-hangy way to end the series. Maybe ending with a narration about how things never change, cycle goes on, Harry save me blah blah.

Bob's Burgers is a damn good show. I like how it manages to be funny as hell, without being incredibly crude (which I DO appreciate, at times). It also has a small, but sincere amount of heart. Good stuff.

Maybe one more conclusive (operative word: conclusive) season to end it after the Trinity Killer season would have been perfect to close up his character.  But then it became formulaic: Dexter is exposed of his dark-deeds, trusts someone, gets burned, learns the hard way to steel himself from such experiences...till next season.  Mind you,
Code:
I was happy as hell when Laguerta was killed.  That should have happened in my 'daydreamed' final season that should have happened three years ago.  When one cop says she probably screwed everyone to get to her position, I didn't doubt it.

I love that, despite the godly acclaim, Breaking Bad isn't milking itself another five seasons the way too many popular shows enjoy doing.  I'd like to think Vince Gilligan had a good idea and ran with it as long as it needed to not as long as it could go.

Also, I love that Bob's Burgers doesn't rely on smut.  It's more of a cheesy and funny show, or certainly run and fuelled by the amount of weirdos in the main cast. 

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1077 on: August 13, 2013, 02:44:38 PM »

I agree fully with what everyone has said about Breaking Bad. A great start to the last few episodes. I felt it continued on from the conclusion in episode 8 perfectly. Couldn't see how they could have done it better.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1078 on: August 15, 2013, 11:09:35 PM »

Futurama -

Wow.  Finally a good episode again after what's been a really wishy-washy season.  The previous season was alright, but we're back to that material that made the "better" of the Futurama episodes stand out.

A great tie-in to "The Why of Fry" and "Luck of the Fryrish" that combines the weird out of this world elements with a bit of zany mystery.  It manages to hit on that sweet spot like "Fryrish" did too.  The end reveal was goofy and mostly nonsense, but it's fun to see the Futurama crew reacting within year 2000 NYC, even if it's just a dream.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:16:11 PM by Dice » Logged

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1079 on: August 16, 2013, 12:30:03 AM »

Futurama -

Wow.  Finally a good episode again after what's been a really wishy-washy season.  The previous season was alright, but we're back to that material that made the "better" of the Futurama episodes stand out.

A great tie-in to "The Why of Fry" and "Luck of the Fryrish" that combines the weird out of this world elements with a bit of zany mystery.  It manages to hit on that sweet spot like "Fryrish" did too.  The end reveal was goofy and mostly nonsense, but it's fun to see the Futurama crew reacting within year 2000 NYC, even if it's just a dream.

Yeah, I haven't been commenting on them too much. But then again, I was planning on saying stuff like "Yay! Calculon's ba-oh wait, he's gone again." or "This episode could be described at the search for Bender's Booty, at least Bender didn't run off leaving Fry or somebody hanging." or even "Holy cameos Batman! There's a Batman cameo in this episode. Also an Adventure Time cameo." but at least this one could be described as "Hey! Remember how Fry came from the 20th Century? Well he did and now we're going to spend the episode remembering it. Oh and look, a Close Encounters of the Third kind parody. Also a Family Guy cameo.".

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: