Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 05:40:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334602 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 99 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 120333 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: September 08, 2013, 09:35:49 PM »

The problem with Family Guy is that at this point it's so self-referential that if you don't follow it, there isn't really anything that funny about it.

That, and it got incredibly preachy to the point of rewriting the entire show to serve as what's his face's soapbox. At least the Star Wars ones are at least kinda, sorta, mildly amusing.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: September 09, 2013, 03:18:56 AM »

Breaking Bad used game genie for Inf. Ammo.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: September 09, 2013, 12:19:59 PM »

And Futurama is done. That's it. No more.
Code:
Not unless the writers take the out they left themselves in the episode.

Anyways, it was a very final episode-ish final episode with the usual 'revisit the start' and 'main couple ties the knot and lives happily ever after' ending. An interesting note is that after a certain point in the episode, only Fry and Leila's VAs were left doing their roles.

Honestly, good riddance...

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the first four seasons. The following four "movies", and the first season of their return to TV were OK. After that, it just seemed like the writing became incredibly lazy and witless. No plot depth; awful pacing; thoughtless gags/jokes... I tried to watch an episode that was recently added to Netflix, and had to turn it off after a few minutes. Terribly unfunny, and not really entertaining at all. Much like the last 7 or so seasons of The Simpsons. When shows get to that point, it just seems like they are thoughtlessly churning out episodes just to get TV ratings.
Just my opinion, of course.

At least it did better than what Family Guy has done.

I believe it. I admittedly stopped watching FG after the episode Road to Germany. Not because of the episode's subject material, but because it was the first episode where I did not laugh at all. It just wasn't funny. It felt thrown together. On top of that, I had seriously had enough of the stupid musical numbers. I knew where the show was going at that point. Where most of them do...
I honestly don't know why people keep watching FG and The Simpsons today, when they are a barely a shell of what they once were (I would have name-dropped Futurama into that group too, but they at least ended it while it still had an ounce of dignity left). The typical excuse is that they are still better than a lot of stuff on TV. I disagree with that, but whatever... Different strokes.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1098 on: September 09, 2013, 02:29:01 PM »

I still love Family Guy,but the series has become very hit or miss. The inside jokes are where most laughs come from now, like when they reference themselves or old episodes or other material the cast is involved in. The last episode featuring Stewie's time machine is a great example of this. It was really funny, but only for most of the jokes you'd get for having watched EVERY FUCKING EPISODE. Yeah, I'm one of those....

Watched the newsroom last night. I'm still very entertained by it. I love Olivia Munn's character in it. She's hot, but she's such a nerd. It's like sophisticated Attack of The Show without the asshole Kevin making her do dumb shit.

TASTY!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: September 09, 2013, 06:14:52 PM »

Watched the newsroom last night. I'm still very entertained by it. I love Olivia Munn's character in it. She's hot, but she's such a nerd. It's like sophisticated Attack of The Show without the asshole Kevin making her do dumb shit.

Haha, Sloan is probably one of my favorite characters on television at the moment. She amuses me to no end. Especially when she punched that guy in the face and just walked away.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1100 on: September 09, 2013, 08:33:54 PM »

Haha, Sloan is probably one of my favorite characters on television at the moment. She amuses me to no end. Especially when she punched that guy in the face and just walked away.
YES!!!!!!!

TASTY!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1101 on: September 09, 2013, 09:06:14 PM »

Breaking Bad

Holy shit, that was an awesome episode.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1102 on: September 09, 2013, 10:56:32 PM »

Breaking Bad

Agreed. That's seriously one fucking hell of a cliffhanger.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: September 10, 2013, 12:22:28 AM »

IGN Top 25 Futurama Episodes.

Placements aside ("The Sting" shoulda been higher!), I agree.

More specifically, I loved when Futurama was "out there" and willing to be creative and explore choices, paradoxes, and time travelling plots (coincidentally, I love the Q episodes in Star Trek a lot too).

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1104 on: September 10, 2013, 12:58:43 AM »

Breaking Bad

Agreed. That's seriously one fucking hell of a cliffhanger.

best show ever
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1105 on: September 10, 2013, 07:57:56 AM »

IGN Top 25 Futurama Episodes.

Placements aside ("The Sting" shoulda been higher!), I agree.

More specifically, I loved when Futurama was "out there" and willing to be creative and explore choices, paradoxes, and time travelling plots (coincidentally, I love the Q episodes in Star Trek a lot too).

Good list. I agree that The Sting should have been higher. Don't agree with Where no Fan has Gone Before being on there (I find that episode boring), but obviously, you probably need to be a Trek fan to appreciate it. I'm surprised that "Godfellas" is their #1.
I'm also surprised that neither of the "Anthology of Interest" episodes, nor "Kif Get Knocked up a Notch" made it on there.. That's probably what makes it their list and not mine.  =D

pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1106 on: September 11, 2013, 12:37:52 AM »

best show ever

It's also one of my favorite shows. It doesn't glorify or romanticizes evil to the degree that other shows/movies do. It shows the very real consequences of making bad decisions and how such decisions can have such a bad effect on people and those around them.

My wife and I have come up with different ending scenarios for Breaking Bad (we call it BB for short).

My rambling thoughts of how it ends:
Code:
Walt dies, Hank dies, Skyler dies, the Aryans die, Lydia dies, Gomie dies ( or he may survives and tells the police about Walt), and Jesse lives. Walt either is killed by someone, ingests the ricin, or dies of cancer. I don't think Walt will be put in jail since the show already gave the victory of arresting Heisenberg to Hank. This was a nod to Hank's character. It was his big moment. Even though Jesse has a hit out on him I don't see him dying, because it seems that the Aryans don't care about listening to Walt; they do their own thing. It's possible that Jesse either escapes or is kidnapped and forced to make blue meth for the Aryans. I think Walt comes back for Jesse.

One of the things about Jesse's character that I think ties in to the end of the show is his feelings about violence against kids. He has had a problem with kids getting used or getting trampled on in the process of something bad happening. I think he will finally see that Walt actually cared for him (in a twisted way) and ends up watching over Walt's kids for him, but from a distance. Jesse knows where Walt hide his barrels of money, so it wouldn't be hard for him to retrieve it and become the benefactor to Walt Jr. and Holly.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 12:40:11 AM by pseudonym » Logged
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1107 on: September 11, 2013, 02:50:46 AM »

Walt gets his end: Set up Scarface blaze of glory end, but he just ends up breaking down in tears instead before getting arrested/shot by gangsters.

Gets away with it: He..gets away with it. Catch is he's either forced back into the business or they show the cancer getting much worse. Or both. So even the good end for Walt is a bad end.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1108 on: September 12, 2013, 01:33:44 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B3ARCk0-pI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I know this is recent episodes, but a number of us were REALLY into this. It makes the lack of young justice much more bearable.

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1109 on: September 12, 2013, 01:58:59 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B3ARCk0-pI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I know this is recent episodes, but a number of us were REALLY into this. It makes the lack of young justice much more bearable.

hell yes.  hopefully better than ssn1.  Looks like they're conjuring more of what made Avatar TLAB good

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 99 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: