Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 11:15:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319313 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 90 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 96322 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1110 on: September 12, 2013, 12:14:56 PM »

And Futurama is done. That's it. No more.
Code:
Not unless the writers take the out they left themselves in the episode.

Anyways, it was a very final episode-ish final episode with the usual 'revisit the start' and 'main couple ties the knot and lives happily ever after' ending. An interesting note is that after a certain point in the episode, only Fry and Leila's VAs were left doing their roles.

Honestly, good riddance...

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the first four seasons. The following four "movies", and the first season of their return to TV were OK. After that, it just seemed like the writing became incredibly lazy and witless. No plot depth; awful pacing; thoughtless gags/jokes... I tried to watch an episode that was recently added to Netflix, and had to turn it off after a few minutes. Terribly unfunny, and not really entertaining at all. Much like the last 7 or so seasons of The Simpsons. When shows get to that point, it just seems like they are thoughtlessly churning out episodes just to get TV ratings.
Just my opinion, of course.

This season was pretty terrible.  The only episode I really liked was Fry "living" at home one more day (but still told through an odd plot of a really loud noise/car alarm thing...the hell?).  At the very least, the record was spotty at best for the last few seasons in terms of what really stuck out.

Nevertheless, this was a great episode and a great conclusion to a pretty damn fine series (and working off Simpsons' reputation [was] certainly no easy task at the time).

Hopefully we'll see a glorious Gandalf the White return for yet another encore.
The team building exercise was freaking hilarious in my opinion, especially that scene where Leela ate the "exotic lunch." I was rolling.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1111 on: September 12, 2013, 12:40:17 PM »

And Futurama is done. That's it. No more.
Code:
Not unless the writers take the out they left themselves in the episode.

Anyways, it was a very final episode-ish final episode with the usual 'revisit the start' and 'main couple ties the knot and lives happily ever after' ending. An interesting note is that after a certain point in the episode, only Fry and Leila's VAs were left doing their roles.

Honestly, good riddance...

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the first four seasons. The following four "movies", and the first season of their return to TV were OK. After that, it just seemed like the writing became incredibly lazy and witless. No plot depth; awful pacing; thoughtless gags/jokes... I tried to watch an episode that was recently added to Netflix, and had to turn it off after a few minutes. Terribly unfunny, and not really entertaining at all. Much like the last 7 or so seasons of The Simpsons. When shows get to that point, it just seems like they are thoughtlessly churning out episodes just to get TV ratings.
Just my opinion, of course.

This season was pretty terrible.  The only episode I really liked was Fry "living" at home one more day (but still told through an odd plot of a really loud noise/car alarm thing...the hell?).  At the very least, the record was spotty at best for the last few seasons in terms of what really stuck out.

Nevertheless, this was a great episode and a great conclusion to a pretty damn fine series (and working off Simpsons' reputation [was] certainly no easy task at the time).

Hopefully we'll see a glorious Gandalf the White return for yet another encore.
The team building exercise was freaking hilarious in my opinion, especially that scene where Leela ate the "exotic lunch." I was rolling.

I liked the Friender and Lamey bits better but yeah, probably the best episode of the season (although the 2D Space and Fry's Memories episodes are the best runner-ups).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1112 on: September 15, 2013, 03:15:15 AM »

New season of Legend of Korra is like the old season. I am pleased so far.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1113 on: September 16, 2013, 07:10:01 PM »

New season of Legend of Korra is like the old season. I am pleased so far.

I was happy.  The first episode was a bit slow, but I definitely like the new vibe (i.e.; the "olde Avatar" vibe) that they're trying to hit right away.  We couldn't have been further from Republic City in this season.  I have certain ideas where the season will go, but I'm curious what it will sling at us. Korra and Mako are still sort of dry as a couple (I'd rather ship her and Bolin, but that ship has sailed).

Anyways, yay!
Moving on

Dexter: Lost interest, yeah, even with only a few episodes left, maybe I'll watch the finale, but I really, really think this show has lost everything that made it anything.  From one of the best shows to easily the worst on TV right now.

Newsroom: Bah, the show reverted to all of its old habits.  Quickly: I hate Lisa and everything about her, the cover of "Let my Love Open the Door" was truly one of the worst covers ever made, any love-plotline involving Jim needs to get snuffed out.
A decent episode, but a kind of boring conclusion.

Breaking Bad:  Jesus H.  Nuff said.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1114 on: September 16, 2013, 09:40:36 PM »

Yeah I just watched the newest breaking bad.

What a dark show. Before there was always at least a little levity in the earlier seasons. This season? Man. Just damn.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1115 on: September 16, 2013, 10:42:28 PM »

Breaking bad

I was actually dreading this episode after the cliffhanger from the previous one. I started off really excited for it but as the day of its airing approached, the suspense started to get to me.

The episode itself was great and is leading up to the finale nicely. Can't believe there are only two episodes left.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1116 on: September 16, 2013, 11:14:47 PM »

OH MY GAWD! Can somebody please teach these writers how to make a season finale episode that ends on a cliffhanger for the new season they desperately want, but also works as a solid ending in case they don't get that new season?

Seriously, Under the Dome finale had an awful ending. I was fully expecting this to be framed as a one season show and have no idea how they're going to flesh it out enough for another 13 episodes. I mean, the thing I loved about the show was that it was fast paced, never leaving any secrets or plot threads hanging around long enough to get stale.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1117 on: September 16, 2013, 11:21:42 PM »

Vince Gilligan stated that this last episode of BB (Ozymandias) was the best that they have had or will have.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1118 on: September 16, 2013, 11:59:33 PM »

I checked out Sleepy Hollow.

It takes itself a bit too seriously given the silly premise, but I got some nice Buffy vibes from it, so I'll follow it for a couple more episodes at least.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1119 on: September 17, 2013, 12:34:04 AM »

OH MY GAWD! Can somebody please teach these writers how to make a season finale episode that ends on a cliffhanger for the new season they desperately want, but also works as a solid ending in case they don't get that new season?

Seriously, Under the Dome finale had an awful ending. I was fully expecting this to be framed as a one season show and have no idea how they're going to flesh it out enough for another 13 episodes. I mean, the thing I loved about the show was that it was fast paced, never leaving any secrets or plot threads hanging around long enough to get stale.

TV movie. The dome collapses, everyone dies, the end.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1120 on: September 18, 2013, 05:12:43 PM »

Vince Gilligan stated that this last episode of BB (Ozymandias) was the best that they have had or will have.

Everything about that episode was perfectly planned, beautifully scripted, and wonderfully directed (think the "chess table" in the fire fighters station meant anything?  DUN DUN DUUUUN).
Code:
Vince is probably right, any episode Hank was in bumped up the show a full star out of five for me.

Be sad to see it end.  The phone call Walt phones in was probably my favorite part.  That shit was harsh.

I've watched all 3 Season of SUITS.

This is like a lawyer-version of Newsroom to me.  I hate it in some aspects, but it's really, really entertaining and a show that we "need" on TV.
It's basically a dick-measuring contest of power plays.  It can get pretty exhausting, but it's got a solid script and characters you'll love to watch (Louis Litt not only has a great name but is one of the more interesting character on television right now).

...also, apparently as soon as you become a lawyer, you become a model-grade human being.  You also work from 8am to 8pm, and you will never been seen in public in anything other than business clothes.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1121 on: September 18, 2013, 11:42:41 PM »

Guys... Breaking Bad... I need a hug....

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1122 on: September 22, 2013, 11:36:44 AM »

Guys... Breaking Bad... I need a hug....

I know. That last episode left me very distraught.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1123 on: September 22, 2013, 11:22:35 PM »

Oh Dexter....way to fuck it all up.

I was gonna say: "They could have gone so many ways, but...", yet that's not necessary, nor is it the case...
With the season being what it was, the finale really couldn't be a good one.  

And how.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:26:51 PM by Dice » Logged

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1124 on: September 22, 2013, 11:37:37 PM »

Checked out Dads and Brooklyn Nine nine the other day. Dads....is pretty dull actually. Martin Mull and Peter Riegert were the best parts if the show, Giovanni Ribisi is boring unless he's being creepy. Seth Green was Seth Green.....meh. I tell you what, Brenda Strong definitely pulled off the asian schoolgirl well as a gag, but her character has potential, especially after all those years as a disney bitch.

Brooklyn nine nine, however, was quite funny. Andy Samberg has never failed to get a quick chuckle out of me, and in this...he's not just stupid funny. Give it a watch, it's pretty good.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 90 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: