Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:03:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334848 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 99 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 121923 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1140 on: September 27, 2013, 04:42:43 PM »

PETER SERAFINOWICZ ON PARKS AND REC WOOOOOOO.

I loved how Chris Pratt (Andy) got serious fit since he's filming Guardians of the Galaxy.  And I love how it was explained on the show as simply as "quitting beer".

I'm glad Parks is still awesome.

Ron's trip to Scotland = What I've been dreaming about forever.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1141 on: September 28, 2013, 12:40:29 PM »

Nan and I finished watching the first season of Being Human. They sure packed a lot in 6 episodes! An American series would have dragged it out over 26.
It was just ok at first, but by the 6th we were fully invested. There's a lot of themes going on here, and some really good writing. It's obviously not just about the setup. I'm impressed. We will definitely watch the next season, but not for quite a while. Both AHS and TWD will be starting soon, and I don't like watching too many shows at any given time.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1142 on: September 28, 2013, 01:28:01 PM »

I kind of wanted to give Being Human a try, but I held off when I read it had constant problems of cast members leaving.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1143 on: September 28, 2013, 05:58:01 PM »

Agents of SHIELD was not good.

I think it's important to NEVER judge a series by its first episode.

Hell, in the case of Parks & Rec, you can't judge a show by its first SEASON (cuz it was all garbage...that and the "sister city" episode, wtf).  They kinda just get their feet of the ground with that and still don't have the best grip of what they're doing or who the characters are.

Anyways!

Elementary - Good to have it back, more 1 hour mystery sessions are always welcomed.  I like the "logic" solutions > forensic evidence crime shows that come in spades.

Korra - Good enough.  Unalaq is completely see-through as far as asking "is he evil?".  Varrik was great though, his over the top comedy really works and any joke with "Ju Lee" and the poop joke was spot on.  Loved time with the old Aang family.

Parks and Rec-- For a show in its 6th season, it was a great episode.  Gerry needed to get punched.  Ironically, for the first time ever he actually deserved the hate he got.  Ron was perfect
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:38:35 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1144 on: September 29, 2013, 02:24:54 PM »

Agents of SHIELD was not good.

I enjoyed it.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1145 on: September 29, 2013, 04:59:59 PM »

Rewatching episodes from Tru Calling, Daily Edition and Quantum Leap.

<3 Quantum Leap.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1146 on: September 29, 2013, 05:17:41 PM »

I remember really liking Tru Calling. I also remember it ending right when it seemed like it was about to get even better.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1147 on: September 29, 2013, 10:31:07 PM »

Breaking bad....the end of one of television's best shows.

I'll be sad, but all the same, it's great they didn't prolong a great thing till it was dry, bland, and a completely lost cause (The Office and Dexter certainly ring true to a ruined legacy).

It was perfect; Walt's final act was brave, well executed, and a perfect way to end the series about a dead man walking. 

EDIT: PS:: Badger and Skinny Pete.  'Nuf said.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:37:33 AM by Dice » Logged

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1148 on: September 30, 2013, 12:50:37 PM »

Yeah the use of Badger and Skinny Pete was fantastic.

Brilliant ending and my favorite non-scifi show ever. I love that each character had a great "last scene"
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1149 on: September 30, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »

Breaking Bad

A great end to a great series.

The suspense in the first 10 minutes was unreal.

Code:
Poor Huell is probably still waiting in that room :(
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:34:08 PM by Darilon » Logged

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1150 on: September 30, 2013, 05:08:03 PM »

Sometimes I wonder what I missed with Breaking Bad. I can only imagine it goes way beyond the uninteresting premise. I generally can't stand anything about drugs, which is why I never bothered giving it a shot. Maybe someday.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1151 on: September 30, 2013, 06:06:12 PM »

Yeah the use of Badger and Skinny Pete was fantastic.

Brilliant ending and my favorite non-scifi show ever. I love that each character had a great "last scene"
Sometimes I wonder what I missed with Breaking Bad. I can only imagine it goes way beyond the uninteresting premise. I generally can't stand anything about drugs, which is why I never bothered giving it a shot. Maybe someday.

Except Marie, but she'd be getting her closure soon enough... =/

Give at least the first episode a show.  It's a brilliant combination of perfect directing, an honest script, the occasional and well fit-in funny, and a believable cast.  It does very little to glorify 'drugs' if that's what you're worried about.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1152 on: September 30, 2013, 06:12:30 PM »

See, I felt the same way. I might have mentioned this before, but the premise never sold me, but a couple of friends kept insisting I watch it. I eventually caved, and I loved the shit out of it. I guess the best way I can put it is that Breaking Bad is about drugs the same way The Last of Us is about zombies.

Anyway, the ending was phenomenal. It was immensely satisfying.

Favorite bits:

Code:
Walt's execution of the Nazis was so classic Breaking Bad Walt. It hearkens back to Walt's ingenuity, such as when he basically blew up Tuco's place in season 1, taking out Gus in season 4, and the magnet episode in season 5.

Nobody gets redeemed. Basically everyone Walter came into contact with had their lives destroyed, so now its all about recovery. Walter was a force of destruction, and for the sole exception of maybe Flynn and Holly, everyone else got screwed over by him in some way.

And I totally concur with the inclusion of Badger and Skinny Pete! They're bit in the episode was so fantastic.

My absolute favorite bit was the scene where Walt was in the house and there's a flashback to episode 1. You can just tell he was thinking about the exact moment when he should have turned right when he turned left. Loved it loved it loved it.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1153 on: September 30, 2013, 06:31:57 PM »

Code:
I think the best thing about Badger and Skinny Pete's role is that it feels so "Walt White". The show enjoys putting in something "amusing" or even funny when it can.  It combines Walt's contacts (the two off-beat idiots who have followed the series since the first season but never had a huge role), it was non-violent, and it was just a damn clever idea to have what *would be* the two *worst* assassins in history ...to just use laser pointers.  

And yeah, I agree Tun.  No one got redeemed, but their "just desserts" and some closure to the spinning-hell that Walt brought in to people's lives.  Certainly the remaining White family will take time to recover.

Do you think Walt was sincere when he said "it was all for him"?  Has he just been telling himself it's for his family?  I don't think I can take an answer that says the whole series was just for Walt's personal interest, because he was "good" at it, because he is so family-oriented.  Definitely six of one-half, half-dozen of the other for me.

Also, Walt's Jesse rescue was a perfect "final act".  And I particularly loved, despite the rather "calm pace" of the episodes, how Walt came in and out of the scenes like a ghost in set up the final act.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:34:43 PM by Dice » Logged

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1154 on: September 30, 2013, 06:56:21 PM »

Breaking Bad

Code:
I loved the scene  where Jessie was making the box. I actually thought the Nazis had begun to trust Jessie and were allowing him some privileges but noooope. Daydream.

Speaking of the Neo Nazis, I love how they were not carrying around pictures of Hitler or Nazi flags. Hell, the whole white supremacy thing was downplayed. I could see other shows tossing that stuff in which I think would have ruined Jack and his crew.

Oh God. Todd and his Lydia ringtone. Cringe worthy but such a Todd thing to do.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 99 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: