Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 01:05:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329719 Posts in 13515 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 111106 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: October 08, 2013, 10:48:01 AM »

Yeah, it's pretty bad, but I watched the first season. Something kept me hooked, but I didn't watch the second season.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1171 on: October 08, 2013, 09:45:35 PM »

AoS: Hey, they have two potential antagonists now. One evil industrial type, and one classic super-science gone wrong supervillain type. More importantly was the better use of themes regarding SHIELD's murky nature and the aforementioned setup for a classic supervillain type. The most important thing though was that I didn't feel like I was watching Firefly's Earth based, modern day, brother.

Also nice to see The Hobbit part 2 getting all the way up to Smaug. Pretty much means that episode 3 will be almost entirely about the Battle of the Five Armies.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: October 10, 2013, 03:07:22 PM »

First episode of American Horror Story: Coven last night. I can't say I was happy with it. I was expecting something...different, I guess. There are parts of it that jive with what I was hoping for, like the old school stuff with Kathy Bates. I didn't even know she was involved, so that was a cool surprise.
I'm not too keen on the "school for witches" business. It just feels like it's all been done before, and bit too much like a more graphic version of a CW show. Hopefully, this doesn't end up being the main component.
As great as Jessica Lange is, I have to admit I'm kind of tired of her. Especially since she seems to be playing the same role that she's played the past 2 seasons. I'd like her to play someone against type.
It's too early to tell, so I'll leave it at that. Sometimes it takes a few episodes to get things in a smooth (Mc)groove.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1173 on: October 10, 2013, 11:02:39 PM »

Didn't even know AHS:C started.  I loved the first season but thought the second had too much going on and didn't care for it. 

I have way too much stuff on the dvr.  I have episodes from last season I need to watch.  It's to the point where I hope I don't like new shows.  I can say that of the new shows, I like Sleepy Hollow.  Marvel is just okay and I am thinking of dropping that one.  Still have to check out Blacklist, The Tomorrow People, and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.  I seriously need to drop some shows. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1174 on: October 11, 2013, 12:21:10 AM »

Didn't even know AHS:C started.  I loved the first season but thought the second had too much going on and didn't care for it. 

I have way too much stuff on the dvr.  I have episodes from last season I need to watch.  It's to the point where I hope I don't like new shows.  I can say that of the new shows, I like Sleepy Hollow.  Marvel is just okay and I am thinking of dropping that one.  Still have to check out Blacklist, The Tomorrow People, and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.  I seriously need to drop some shows. 

The only thing I really saw of OUaTiW is that the fight scenes felt like they came straight out of Power Rangers. Which is probably par for the course as far as it and its big brother show are concerned.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: October 11, 2013, 03:09:57 AM »

I grew up watching Ultraman so cheesy fight scenes are nostalgic to me.  Anyways, I like OuAT but I'm 12 episodes behind so I hope there isn't any crossover.  I guess I should catch up before watching the spinoff just in case.

I watched Witches of East End.  Everything seemed familiar to me so I searched on the Internet and discovered I read the the book on which it was based.  Just like the book, I thought it was just okay and have no desire to see/read the rest of the series.

Just finished watching the latest episode of Bones - The whole Pilant ending  was very anti-climatic. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 03:43:48 AM by CluelessWonder » Logged

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1176 on: October 11, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »

The Tomorrow People is a horrible show. Don't bother.

Arrow is much better than that and Agents of SHIELD. Combined.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1177 on: October 11, 2013, 03:30:05 PM »

Brooklyn 99 is currently my new crack. It's hilarious.

TASTY!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1178 on: October 11, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »

I'm not surprised that The Tomorrow People sucked. It's CW trying to do Heroes but without any of the fun or interesting characters that made Heroes watchable. I can at least see how Arrow manages to do well considering its focused on a single established Superhero, Green Arrow (and probably Black Canary since those two always seem to end up paired together), plus the formula is tried and true.

And Agents of SHIELD still feels like its way too early to fully call. I wouldn't be surprised if it needed a season to grow the beard and get good, provided that Whedon doesn't get the show canned due to him being a one-trick pony writer.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: October 11, 2013, 05:34:54 PM »

I'm not surprised that The Tomorrow People sucked. It's CW trying to do Heroes but without any of the fun or interesting characters that made Heroes watchable. I can at least see how Arrow manages to do well considering its focused on a single established Superhero, Green Arrow (and probably Black Canary since those two always seem to end up paired together), plus the formula is tried and true.

And Agents of SHIELD still feels like its way too early to fully call. I wouldn't be surprised if it needed a season to grow the beard and get good, provided that Whedon doesn't get the show canned due to him being a one-trick pony writer.

Considering Agents of SHIELD seconds as marketing for Disney/Marvel projects, I'm pretty sure it will get two seasons at the very least. Besides, I'm kind of enjoying it.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1180 on: October 15, 2013, 12:49:54 AM »

Castle: Status, meet Quo.

DwtS: God DAMMMMMMMMNNNNNN!!!!! It was like watching King of the Nerds all over again.

Tuesday Edit: Agents of Seduce Him. Highlight of that otherwise boring episode. Would very much like you to stick to a plot arc for more than one episode at a time, plz.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 09:51:56 PM by Aeolus » Logged

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1181 on: October 16, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »

I got a strange craving to watch Soap.

So I marathoned through all four seasons.

The first three held up just as well as I remembered, but the fourth was pretty weak.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: October 17, 2013, 12:23:22 PM »

2nd episode of AHS: Coven. WTF?! They're just throwing everything at us hoping something will stick. This really isn't all that good so far. Feels more like Witches of X-Men, with each witch having a specific "power". There is no sense of horror at all so far. At least not in the "this is scary" sense. It HAS been a bit gruesome, and the language is borderline R movie material. It's weird that a FX show can get away with this much.
I'll give this a chance to improve, but I'm not very hopeful.

First Ep. of TWD was decent, so at least I have that.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: October 17, 2013, 02:54:45 PM »

Weird that you think the language is excessive when all I can think of is how distracting it is watching them dance around the word "GENIAL MEMBER OF ETHNIC GROUPS THAT ORIGINATE IN THE AFRICAN CONTINENT OR CLOSEBY THEREIN". WOAH. Hold the presses, I never realized the site did that. This is ironic.

Anywho, I think the scope of this season has taken out a large part of the horror aspect. First season was a house, then it was an asylum, now it is more or less an entire town. The claustrophobic atmosphere is gone but I think it has potential to go places.

It is suffering a bit of "smart characters doing stupid things" syndrome, though.
Code:
Cordelia's clearly satanic fertility spell and Zoe's boyfriend Resurrection spell. I just felt like screaming "Have you two never seen "Practical Magic". This never ends well.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: October 17, 2013, 03:06:13 PM »

Dude, did they just tease Brother Blood in yesterday's episode of Arrow?  My 1990s George Perez senses are tingling. 

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: