Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 07:03:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319200 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 90 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 95899 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1185 on: October 17, 2013, 05:07:05 PM »

First Ep. of TWD was decent, so at least I have that.

I have been trying to figure it out and I am sure when you say it I will be all "duh" but what the fuck is TWD?

I am a little behind on my TV watching for this week. I watched the new S.H.I.E.L.D. and I am still enjoying it, but I really want more...epicness from it. I know it's early, but I want something of a tangible storyline that fits together. They are hinting at it but give me more.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1186 on: October 17, 2013, 09:37:09 PM »

Weird that you think the language is excessive when all I can think of is how distracting it is watching them dance around the word "GENIAL MEMBER OF ETHNIC GROUPS THAT ORIGINATE IN THE AFRICAN CONTINENT OR CLOSEBY THEREIN". WOAH. Hold the presses, I never realized the site did that. This is ironic.

Anywho, I think the scope of this season has taken out a large part of the horror aspect. First season was a house, then it was an asylum, now it is more or less an entire town. The claustrophobic atmosphere is gone but I think it has potential to go places.

It is suffering a bit of "smart characters doing stupid things" syndrome, though.
Code:
Cordelia's clearly satanic fertility spell and Zoe's boyfriend Resurrection spell. I just felt like screaming "Have you two never seen "Practical Magic". This never ends well.

I don't think the language is excessive, personally. It fits for what's happening on screen. It's just obvious the show is on the very teetering edge of what is allowed without having to be on a pay channel.
YES, to your coded section. That's been driving me crazy.
Code:
Why would Zoe willingly help do that? She keeps saying she wants to be honest and not do bad things. Plus, she only knew the guy a couple hours! And why were those two allowed to go wandering off, anyway? I would think they would be watched closer after what happened.

I have been trying to figure it out and I am sure when you say it I will be all "duh" but what the fuck is TWD?

Really?! TWD = The Walking Dead. Duh, Dag. ; - )

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1187 on: October 17, 2013, 10:37:05 PM »

Really?! TWD = The Walking Dead. Duh, Dag. ; - )

To be fair, it took me a while to recall that as well. TWD doesn't really go along with much.

That said, I also just recalled what The Crazy Ones is trying to be (a combination of 30 Rock and The Office), and it's pretty much failing at it.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1188 on: October 18, 2013, 01:06:11 PM »

So, I just finished the first season of Once Upon a Time, and, contrary to what some people here seem to think of it, I actually thought it was pretty good.

Now, I think I can see why some people don't like it so much, though you can correct me if I'm wrong. 'True love', Soap Opera-itus, the contrived 'romance' between Mary and David, Emma acts like an idiot at times, David acts like an idiot at times, the constant twists that kind of negate the whole point of twists, some of the acting could use work, and various other things. But, despite all of that, I still like it. Some of the acting was actually pretty amazing, (Mr.Gold/Rumplestiltskin and Regina come to mind,) and the fairy-tale vinittes are just enchanting. In fact, the whole show can be summed up in just that one word; enchanting. Despite all of the flaws it surely has, you can't help but be drawn in. So, while it's no masterpiece, it's at the least some enjoyable enchantment, and really, what's wrong with that?

Of course, I've yet to see Season 2 just yet, so we'll see if that still manages to draw me in the same way...

(Also, I know that this is a TV show thread, but seeing this is somewhat related, anyone ever read Fables?)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1189 on: October 18, 2013, 10:03:29 PM »

The doppelgangers episode of Parks and Rec was so fucking amazing. Easily one of the best of the show's run. Which makes yesterday's episode feel a little lackluster in comparison : ( . At least it did for me, since I watched them back to back. It just was so apparent that the person who wrote Doppelgangers didn't write yesterday's.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:31:29 AM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1190 on: October 18, 2013, 10:35:30 PM »

I feel they're going a bit too off the cuff w/ Ron.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1191 on: October 18, 2013, 10:50:08 PM »

I feel they're going a bit too off the cuff w/ Ron.

The only moment I didn't like was his B-plot to "go off the grid".... kind of a stupid plot to introduce an EPISODE AFTER HE GETS MARRIED.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1192 on: October 20, 2013, 10:50:45 AM »

Holy titty.  Legend of Korra Wan was amazing this week.

Korra has been somewhat hard to bear, and these episodes barely focused on her (hopefully with this "new mission" she'll change her attitude).  

Spoilers ahoy.

Amazing origin story, Wan is an extremely likable character, and the two episodes *brilliantly* tie in a lot of the mythos of TLA and even the elements that have popped into LoK.  The Lion-Turtles as explanation for how benders got their powers (though it doesn't explain why they all just selfishly kept his power), the story for how the first avatar came to be was quite enjoyable and even poignant ("Even though evil is sealed away, the darkness in mankind's hearts remains" was pretty something), and how the Avatar State and Avatars themselves exist was brilliantly and probably carefully thought out.  From here on out, it looks like Korra will have a lot on her plate, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.  It's also a good time to mention how happy I am this season got extended -- there is no way Wan's story could have been effectively told in a shortened season.

I also loved the decision to change the art style of "simple and olden times" by doing that ink brush style for the backgrounds and having the Lion-Turtles follow suit seeing how they looked like a "background element" in TLA than as an animated character.  I'm actually just really happy to have the Lion-Turtles back in general:  When Aang goes to visit the him, we understand he is extremely old.  But more than that, the Lion-Turtles were extremely particular last-minute addition in the show and provided an almost impossibly elegant solution to Aang right after a "spiritual meeting" with his past selves turned up almost fruitless; I felt like it implied a great connection between the Avatar and the Animal himself, but it was never brought up in TLA; so I really enjoyed seeing it pan out in these episodes.

A perfect episode that really links what made TLA one of the best cartoons out there. (And even despite some "magical-made" gaps in explaining things...butt fuck it, magic right?  There doesn't have to be any semblance of science in that!!  How the "light portal" made Wan and Brava unite is seriously just thrown out there as a "just because".... and Wan...wtf, WHY WOULD YOU TRUST A MYSTERIOUS CREATURE THIS IS BLACK AND RED AND SPEAKS IN DARK MANLY VOICE?!?!!? JK his "idiot human brain" was n the right place n' all)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:56:22 AM by Dice » Logged

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1193 on: October 22, 2013, 01:52:09 PM »

DwtS: The clusterfuckathon continues. Apparently last week's elimination was bullshit so nobody got axed yesterday.

Castle: Back to the Time Cop 2: Judgement Who. So many time travel jokes.... Great episode all around.

Edits of SHIELD: Well that answers the question of when are they going to go back and revisit a plot thread. Now if they can only revisit an interesting plot thread, this show might just be in business.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:03:43 PM by Aeolus » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1194 on: October 24, 2013, 07:59:08 PM »

Parks and Rec on hiatus

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NBC

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1195 on: October 24, 2013, 08:00:18 PM »

Parks and Rec on hiatus

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NBC

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1196 on: October 24, 2013, 10:03:49 PM »

They'll be showing a rerun of the fucking Voice tonight and an SNL clip show next week.

Thanks NBC, for fucking over another show I love and drilling me in the ass

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1197 on: October 24, 2013, 10:10:54 PM »

They'll be showing a rerun of the fucking Voice tonight and an SNL clip show next week.

Thanks NBC, for fucking over another show I love and drilling me in the ass

Fuck thats low.  I wonder if Parks and Rec has ever really recovered from its "spin-off" status of the (eventually) much shittier version of The Office.  Granted, Parks and Rec has a terrible first season, it's just a shame that it's getting this kind of back seat status.

I'll never say this again, but quite frankly, and in the WORST CASE, 6 seasons is a pretty good run.  I'd even guess it's a matter of time before even the great and powerful P&R becomes as lost for ideas as the Office was in its later seasons.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1198 on: October 24, 2013, 10:13:02 PM »

Yeah it's a good run. I think they'll start airing it again with community again in the winter.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1199 on: October 24, 2013, 10:16:58 PM »

Yeah it's a good run. I think they'll start airing it again with community again in the winter.

Adam Scott's Twatter page is saying that too
https://twitter.com/mradamscott

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 90 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: