Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 11:16:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327467 Posts in 13409 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 96 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 106131 times)
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1260 on: January 22, 2014, 06:00:32 PM »

Archer and The Blacklist(god James Spader is so good in everything) are back, which is good since I've finished Sherlock season 3, hype for next season.  Saw first ep of Black Sails, intrigued enough to keep goin, curious to see how they'll fit it in with Treasure Island.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1261 on: January 27, 2014, 10:37:00 AM »

Ok, so I've watched 2 eps of Sherlock, series 3 now.
Random rambling, so there may be spoilers...

Last nights was kind of fun, but didn't feel like a regular "full" episode. Kind of like a retrospective, except with cases we hadn't seen before. Plus, the whole wedding thing, which I pretty much never like in movies or TV. I like how they show how vulnerable Sherlock really is behind the mask. I also like how the speech was handled, and the things he said about John. He IS human after all!
I wonder about the marriage, though. I can't see it lasting through the series. We'll see.
And then there's the scientist lady who obviously still has a thing for Sherlock.
Last weeks episode spent too much time explaining and talking about how Sherlock survived falling off the building. The case itself was so blah, I can't even remember it now.
I hope ep. 3 is more about a single awesome case, but I doubt it will be.
Man, I wish there was more than 3 per series. There's just so much to do with these characters, and not enough time to do it.
I understand why they make the 3 "movies" instead of 12 eps, but I'd still prefer it that way. Oh, well.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1262 on: January 27, 2014, 10:59:17 AM »

Haha yeah technically one season is twelve half-hour episodes of something (actually probably more than that).

A reviewer said it best, this season of Sherlock is sort of (both literally and not) continuing off the end-tails of Season 2 and sets up Season 4 (you'll see with the last episode).  I personally didn't see this season about its cases as much as it was about its characters (but I think I might have mentioned that).  Anyways, I actually liked the second episode a lot; I loved the high-energy and the character interactions (and I'm also a really big fan of Mary; but even with the final episode under my belt, I'm curious how she'll be played up as much as you seem somewhat dubious about it as well).

Rumor has it that they're actually gonna be filming this one much sooner, so hopefully we won't have another fun two year wait.

Anyone watching True Detective?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1263 on: January 29, 2014, 11:21:29 PM »

Rick and Morty. Watch it.

TASTY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1264 on: January 30, 2014, 11:16:58 AM »

Last ep of American Horror Story: Coven last night.
I'm glad it's over, as I didn't enjoy this season at all. Sure, there were some fun parts here and there, but the overall story just left me wondering "Why?".
I didn't like the witch school thing from the start, as I thought they were going to base it in the past. That's what happens when you don't watch trailers or anything.
They got too hung up on violence for the fun of it, and forgot all about having a coherent story.
Guess we'll see what they do next.

Not watching much else right now. Sherlock 3 on Sunday, then Walking Dead back the next Sunday. Plus, I'll pick up season 3 of Game of Thrones in a few weeks and finally get to watch that.

Playing:
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1265 on: January 30, 2014, 02:29:35 PM »

I'm glad it's over, as I didn't enjoy this season at all. Sure, there were some fun parts here and there, but the overall story just left me wondering "Why?".
I didn't like the witch school thing from the start, as I thought they were going to base it in the past. That's what happens when you don't watch trailers or anything.
They got too hung up on violence for the fun of it, and forgot all about having a coherent story.

Not watching much else right now. Sherlock 3 on Sunday, then Walking Dead back the next Sunday. Plus, I'll pick up season 3 of Game of Thrones in a few weeks and finally get to watch that.

Then this review sounds about right for you. :)
The first paragraph seems more than telling enough.

I really want to watch Rock and Morty after that first episode preview.  It was like Back to the Future on drugs.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1266 on: January 30, 2014, 04:34:40 PM »

YES!!! That review is so freaking perfect, and explains all my issues better than I ever could.

Playing:
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1267 on: February 02, 2014, 12:21:25 AM »

Red Dwarf:)  watching all the seasons docs on DVD.  I still think a Dr. WHO crossover would be amazing.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1268 on: February 03, 2014, 08:44:39 PM »

it's weird the funniest show so far this season is a prequel to Treasure Island. Watch Black Sails people, though it's not safe for work. The openings amazing though.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1269 on: February 03, 2014, 09:21:49 PM »

YES!!! That review is so freaking perfect, and explains all my issues better than I ever could.

While I don't always agree with their 'letter grades', I think the site hires great writers -- I love their reviews and glad I could share. xD

NOW...How did you like Sherlock(ed) finale?

I just watched the first two episodes of Boys Over Flowers....the famous K-drama based on the manga (apparently the Korean version is sort-of the fan-favourite though)! 
It is simultaneously ridiculous-and-wonderful/10.  I think Netflix also just bought some fansubbers work because the translation is spotty as hell.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:24:10 PM by Dice » Logged

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1270 on: February 05, 2014, 04:33:50 PM »

I've been mulling over my thoughts on the third Sherlock. I liked it, but with reservations:

Code:
All the Mary stuff was certainly unexpected, and made her more interesting, but I just didn't buy it all.
She purposely doesn't kill Sherlock, but then doesn't expect him to tell John? Did she think she could get away with what she did forEVER?
And then her forgiveness came far too quick. It kind of made her scenario pointless. I guess we'll see how they handle their relationship in future episodes.
I'm still a little confused(I was falling asleep at this point) as to why she was after Magnusson(sp?), and why she deserves redemption. I should watch it again if given a chance.
This Magnusson guy makes for an interesting villain. I like him.
I'm not thrilled about the prospect of Moriarty being back for next season. Real original guys.

Playing:
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1271 on: February 07, 2014, 01:34:53 AM »

King of the Nerds S2: Making Nerds Look Bad Since 2012. I hate this show so much but I can't help but watch fools doom themselves by saying something along the lines of "Hey. This is along the lines of my expertise. I have the advantage.". I think that so far, in both seasons, without fail, everyone who's even hinted at having a home court advantage over their opponent has immediately lost whatever it was that they were talking about. And with that said, holy crap. I haven't seen a rout this bad since the Super Bowl. That's the power of a shitlord for you.

Agents of SHELDON: Whoever said that this show is more like a cop drama than a superhero comicbook was close but I think this is probably closer to a spy drama instead. That said, I've got to at least give credit where credit's due for
Code:
having a villain actually shoot a plot important main character, right after monologuing, in the stomach, twice just to be sure (albeit with the caveat of leaving said character in a room with a rather conveniently placed hyperberic [s]time[/s] chamber sitting in the corner; at least he used that fact to make his getaway) instead of just leaving them in an easily escapable trap or invoking impeccable timing from the rest of the team/the calvary.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1272 on: February 07, 2014, 08:28:15 AM »

Black Books

I am on season 2 and am loving it so far. The laugh track is probably in it too much but nowhere near Big Bang Theory levels.

The ABCs of Death
Yeah... that happened. F, L and Z are pretty out there with Z overshadowing anything that came before it. I don't even know why I watched this.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1273 on: February 07, 2014, 09:31:03 AM »

Inside No 9.

If you can find a way to watch the first episode that aired a couple nights ago, I highly recommend it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1274 on: February 11, 2014, 08:52:20 PM »

Slowly padding through Sorekara no Musashi, an old series about the life of Miyomoto Musashi post-Kojiro duel.
Sadly, I'm yet to see Japanese television that isn't animated live up to the quality of Japanese cinema.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 96 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: