Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 05:14:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338003 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 126393 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1290 on: March 16, 2014, 01:11:54 AM »

^I'm gonna get on That show soon. Caught the latest Vikings episode and it was pretty great. Also the classic Simpsons in Japan episode. Still hilarious.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1291 on: March 16, 2014, 01:19:10 AM »

Oh man.

Rick and Morty is hands down one of the most bizarre, witty, gross, and so far very consistent comedy to come out in a long time.  I'm happy that's it's hit a strong high so soon (whereas a lot of comedies or shows are 'slow to warm up'), the characters are entertaining, and the stories are practically out of a Mad Libs book and it works so well.  It's like the Doctor Who of comedy and drugs.

Please people, go watch if you're in need of the ha-ha's, I think there's something here.

It's almost ironic that my dislike of "Community" is countered in my high opinion of Rick and Morty.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1292 on: March 16, 2014, 03:55:14 AM »

I too am watching Vikings and loving it. Having studied Old English and the Anglo-Saxon period in grad school, the show is a complete nerd-gasm for me. People tell me it is a Game of Thrones-ish show, but I'm trying to keep from watching GoT until I've actually read the book.

Now I want to study the Vikings and Old Norse...back to grad school?
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1293 on: March 16, 2014, 11:10:40 AM »

Finished that hot garbage that is King of the Nerds S2. I'm at least glad to see that they did actually change something from the first season formula for once in that they made the final challenge less of a bullshit popularity contest (although they did manage to maintain some element of it, its no longer the gamemaking/breaking factor); basically, even that asshat they couldn't get rid of until the end could've made it, which would've been hilarious to see (and would've pissed me off to no end with the way it is now, because the only reason why I would've wanted to see the guy make it all the way to the end was to see the look on his face when it was revealed to him that its all down to a popularity contest and that despite all the bullshit he caused and went through, it was impossible for him to win from the start; thankfully none of that happened). And while there was less "Oh, I'm totally an expert on this." *loses miserably* than last season, this season can still be summed up almost entirely as "Won't somebody please eliminate that asshat already?".

Anyways, since the show peaked this season, unless they have a 'Hot Female Cosplayer Only' edition, I'm done with this crap.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1294 on: March 17, 2014, 02:01:31 AM »

With the 20th anniversary this year, I had the urge to do a watch through of Babylon 5.

This show has held up amazingly well.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1295 on: March 17, 2014, 02:39:41 AM »

20th anniversary of Babylon 5.

I have to watch that one of these days.

I had just started breaking into Star Trek back when this first came out. I remember trying to watch the first episode and getting completely lost.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1296 on: March 18, 2014, 03:55:42 AM »

Do it now!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1297 on: March 19, 2014, 02:53:16 AM »

Jesus Christ I gave this thread a stupid title...

Watched a BBC mini-series.

North & South
When a review says a work is less about it's story or characters and more about its 'feeling' and 'mood' I used to have trouble understanding what that really meant.  These days I love when movies can pull off such an atmosphere and draw me in towards it in other ways.  Tron Legacy, for all of its mixed reviews, is a "hidden gem" to me because of the look and mood of the film manages to carry it (IMO of course); the style is consistent and elegant (and cool), the feelings run deeper than what's said, and it definitely feels like a team paid a lot of attention to these adjuncts.

I'm going off topic.  But watching North & South was like that for me.  I thought it was going to be another campy (but guilty pleasure) period piece romance, but I was really drawn in by some excellent directing and extraordinary atmosphere.  The performances are strong and nuanced and the soundtrack is especially moody and beautiful (hear for yourself).  I don't know if I can recommend it to what's pretty much a male majority here (and I don't know if it's 'exciting' enough for the typical viewer; but being a period piece you ought know what you're getting into) -- but that's my two cents as a review and general commentary about 'what worked' beyond the scope of the main material.  Maybe if you're one of the few females or have a honey who's looking for something to watch then I'd recommend it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:08:46 AM by Dice » Logged

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1298 on: March 19, 2014, 12:40:01 PM »

To go on with Dice's comments about Rick and Morty, I can't stop laughing when I watch this. The show is hilarious, and not afraid of dumb humor while being subtley smart about it. Monday's episode had me in tears at one point from laughing, then switched it up to a really deep notion of existence, it was really cool how they played it out.

Oh, and they had a kid eating a bowl of shit and enjoying it.

TASTY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1299 on: March 19, 2014, 09:53:10 PM »

Anyone else watching Cosmos? You should be. Totally fascinating, even when you already know what's being covered. I love how much my son is loving it as well.

Last episode of TWD: boring stuff going on, then WHAM! Didn't see that coming at all.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1300 on: March 20, 2014, 01:40:57 AM »

Cosmos is cool but I was a bit perplexed as to why the second episode focused on dogs and bears and such. I thought it was about, you know, the Cosmos..
Also watching old Ren and Stimpy episodes. The originals. Not the shitty Spike tv ones.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1301 on: March 20, 2014, 09:57:47 AM »

To go on with Dice's comments about Rick and Morty, I can't stop laughing when I watch this. The show is hilarious, and not afraid of dumb humor while being subtley smart about it. Monday's episode had me in tears at one point from laughing, then switched it up to a really deep notion of existence, it was really cool how they played it out.

Oh, and they had a kid eating a bowl of shit and enjoying it.

I'm not convinced that episode wasn't actually improvised (the acting was odd, there was stuttering, and it's just all around too crazy to have been carefully thought out).  I think it was improvised, then drawn.  Morty made a comment about it and it never really came up again -- so I think they were trying to drop a hint to that.

I also liked the cat lady segment.

And I love how the alternate reality actually made itself into a plot point in what was otherwise a pretty plotless episode. x)

Anyone else watching Cosmos? You should be. Totally fascinating, even when you already know what's being covered. I love how much my son is loving it as well.

Last episode of TWD: boring stuff going on, then WHAM! Didn't see that coming at all.

Argh I wanna watch it.

And while I don't watch WD, I heard the spoiler...and it made me sad. D:

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1302 on: March 23, 2014, 08:59:30 PM »

Hannibal

With every new episode I *still* can't help but explain and reference to how gruesome and shocking each new episode usually is.  It's a great new series and I'm glad they're doing a great job to what truly is haunting source material.

The latest episode was no different.  The cliff hanger (if it can be called that --- I think it's obvious someone's dead) was brilliantly captured.  One thing that bugged me though:
Code:
DOY!  LET'S GO TO THE KILLER'S HOUSE AND INVESTIGATE! THAT"S SMART!!  AND SAFE!!!!! DOY DOY DOY

I have a feeling I know how season 3 will work out as well, but still the lead up to it has been great and I do like how the safe "bubble" is starting to close in around Hannibal.  I'm sure no one is completely infallible after all.

For those who aren't watching it and need something grittier and (no pun intended?) something to sink their teeth into, I think Hannibal will do well.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1303 on: March 24, 2014, 05:28:39 AM »

I cannot keep up with my dvr.  I watched 4 episodes of Psych.  Though I am kinda sad it is ending, I do think it is time.  The quality is not what it used to be.  The latest episodes are more ridiculous than funny.

Also watched White Collar.  I have 2 more episodes to watch.  Read an article it was picked up for only 6 more episodes next season (rumored final one).  I loved the show and the chemistry between Neal and Peter.  Mozzie is great too.  All my USA shows are ending.  At least I will have Suits.

The Walking Dead -  Gah!  Can't believe there is only one more episode left.  From the preview Terminus seems so sinister.  Can't wait for Sunday!

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1304 on: March 24, 2014, 02:00:21 PM »

Not sure if anyone here is into Korean Dramas like I am, but I just marathon through 39 episodes of Empress Ki. Now that I am current with airings, it's kind of painful waiting for the most recent episode. I guess you could say it's the equivalent of a Korean Game of Thrones, minus all the sex and goriness (hey, this is Korean TV after all). The story is insipired by history, though a lot of the characters and situations are probably made up, but it tells the story of Empress Ki, a Korean concubine to the Emperor of Yuan who rose to power and became Empress.

Yes, the story takes liberties and all with actual history, but whatever. As a history major I don't even care it's so entertaining.

Normally I don't go for the Korean historical dramas, but this stars Ha Ji Won, who is my favourite Korean actress. Plus she's pretty bad ass, and her character grows super vengeful throughout.

Dat stare of death!
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: