Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 08:23:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338766 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 127872 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1305 on: March 29, 2014, 07:34:23 PM »

Just watched the season finale of Helix. The show moved a bit slow, particularly the three episodes preceding the finale, which easily could have been combined into one episode. However, I've enjoyed the plot all the way through, and the finale itself was pretty spectacular. Interesting to see their approach to season 2 in the final scenes. As long as they fix the pacing problem, I can see this show really going places.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1306 on: March 31, 2014, 02:00:30 PM »

Season finale of Walking Dead was a whole lot of nothing. It started out well enough with a really intense showdown but then went into endless dialogue and flashback segments and the ending was rather anti-climatic.  Im probably being a bit harsh but I was expecting more after seeing the promos...they pretty much gave the impression of complete chaos.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1307 on: April 01, 2014, 10:42:44 AM »

Watched season and show finale of How I Met Your Mother last night. I'm amazed the show ran as long as it did. There were some good seasons and some "ok" seasons. All in all, a good show. The whole final season focused on one long weekend leading up to Barney and Robin's wedding, meanwhile Ted is supposed to finally get introduced to the mother, so there were all these close calls to meeting the mother explained in the end. There were some surprises I won't spoil here, but sorta sad and happy the show is ending. It was the one show my wife and I DVR and watched together for years. She watches New Girl, Big Bang Theory, Once Upon a Time & O.U.A.T in Wonderland, while I really just DVR one show: Person of Interest.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1308 on: April 01, 2014, 01:22:37 PM »

Season finale of Walking Dead was a whole lot of nothing. It started out well enough with a really intense showdown but then went into endless dialogue and flashback segments and the ending was rather anti-climatic.  Im probably being a bit harsh but I was expecting more after seeing the promos...they pretty much gave the impression of complete chaos.

Agreed. It was pretty weak, and nothing but a lead-in to next season.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1309 on: April 01, 2014, 04:39:34 PM »

Watched season and show finale of How I Met Your Mother last night. I'm amazed the show ran as long as it did. There were some good seasons and some "ok" seasons. All in all, a good show. The whole final season focused on one long weekend leading up to Barney and Robin's wedding, meanwhile Ted is supposed to finally get introduced to the mother, so there were all these close calls to meeting the mother explained in the end. There were some surprises I won't spoil here, but sorta sad and happy the show is ending. It was the one show my wife and I DVR and watched together for years.

Also watched it. I thought it was just an even more disappointing end to the last few disappointing seasons. Oh well. Seems to happen a lot to good shows that have longer runs than they should.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1310 on: April 01, 2014, 06:31:39 PM »

Also watched the series finale of HIMYM, I enjoyed it as a comedic episode of a series that is essentially a comedic series. It didn't have am impact like, say, Roseanne back in the day where the whole last season was a story she wrote and really made you think a bit...but not every comedy needs to take the high road and be something intelligent. Sometimes, comedy is just funny.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1311 on: April 02, 2014, 01:12:38 AM »

So Agents of Shield had Dethlok. Pretty cool but the show still needs balls. A lot more balls.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1312 on: April 02, 2014, 10:12:54 PM »

Hated the end of How I met Your Mother. And I'm not really sure if it's so much the show or a problem with how I perceive fiction. Being aware that things happen because someone wrote it to happen.

Code:
That Tracy didn't die because that's life and sometimes bad shit happens. She died because the writers killed her off so they could force Ted and Robin. First, Barney doesn't get Quinn so they could put him with Robin, a relationship they already established that doesn't work. And then Ted loses his wife to put him with Robin, a relationship they already established doesn't work.

But if me more or less accusing the writers of murder is perhaps a bit unfair, there's still 2 other problems. One is just that Robin isn't a very good love interest. The other is why would you introduce the audience to the mother before the very end if you were going to kill her? She was really the only good thing about the whole season. So if you get me to like her you're steering me in the opposite way the story is going. Maybe I'd have thought it was a clever twist if I didn't actually know the mother.

I'd still feel bad for Barney though.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1313 on: April 02, 2014, 10:26:36 PM »

I *kinda* liked it.

Code:
I liked that the show was willing to go the route of finding love after your "first" love (well, the person you choose to marry).  Shit happens, people die, and it's most likely you won't die the same time your spouse does, and that's life....but your love life doesn't have to end when your first spouse does.  I think I feel this way because of a couple I knew when I was a waitress that were both divorcees who experiences marital bliss their second go.  My aunt too is with her second husband now, the first who unfortunately passed away early on in their marriage.  And also a family relative of mine who got married, seperated, then remarried in her late 40s just for the companionship of having someone you care about with you.  I think the last of which is what Ted and Robin would be.

On the other, it does suck that it felt somewhat a means to an end to hook up two major characters in an unorthodox way (and not in a good way).  I think it would have been waaaay better if they played up the Mother better, and maybe gave her a somewhat stronger role.

I also think it was a stupid decision to spend the whole season on Barney and Robin's wedding just to abandon that ship in the last minute and rush the next thirty years in ten minutes.

Naw, they should have spaced it out and played it better.  I thought the material was good, just the end game was all wrong.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1314 on: April 03, 2014, 07:14:54 PM »

Reaction to watching a couple episodes of Adventure Time: This is stupid, it feels like the writer just wrote whatever popped into his head with no thought or effort. There's no flow or reason to these jokes. It's like they didn't care, and if they don't care, why should I?

Finds out about the web cartoon made by the same guy called Bravest Warriors: Well this looks interesting. And hey, since it's a personal project, maybe he'll actually put effort into it? I'd like to see what he'd come up with when he actually puts thought into his work.

Reactions to Bravest Warriors ep. 1-3: I take it back! I take it alllll back! This is so freakin' weird and it just gets stupider as it goes. It does feels more thought out and fleshed out, but seriously, if this is what he comes up with when he's actually thinking, I think I'd like it more when he wasn't trying again. Seriously think I'm appreciating Adventure Time a whole lot more now!

Reaction to episode 4 of Bravest Warriors: Oh wait, this is actually a very interesting and well-done episode, and the situation is weird, but the jokes are clever and it's not grossing me out. Maybe this show will turn out alright after all?

Watches episode 5: Nope.

Goes back to watching Adventure Time: Much better.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1315 on: April 03, 2014, 07:24:56 PM »

I enjoy watching Bravest Warrior on 3DS Video when it's on.  It's pretty entertaining and I like the "mini-sode" format.  The concept works very nicely to allow just about anything to happen (the sci-fi setting helps, as opposed to Adventure Time which is post-apocalyptic weird for the sake of weird).

I'm still torn on Adventure Time.  I think its stronger episodes are a delight, but the weaker ones just piss me off and feel like pretentious hipster humour that kinda goes right by my head.  I'm being pretty mean, and I don't intend to be so critical, but against AT's finer moments, it can take the criticism.  It's certainly more original than 90% of the shows out there, and can occasionally be quite insightful and poignant too.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1316 on: April 04, 2014, 12:31:14 AM »

HIMYM upset me....
Code:
not sure what I expected but I guess I related a little, Ted went through so much to get, not find as Robin was also a true love, his true love only to lose her. Like I said, I can relate, I had pretty awful luck with love until I met Kim, and now she's sick....kinda tore me up watching it to be honest

Everything's Eventual
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1317 on: April 04, 2014, 10:40:25 AM »

I really want to like Bravest Warriors, since it feels more thought out and interesting than Adventure time, but the gross-out gags are too gross for me, not to mention they're often too mature to be aimed at kids, yet too lowbrow to be enjoyed by adults. They're just stuck in a weird quaisi realm where the only one they're really supposed to amuse is the writer himself...

I mean for petesakes, they had an entire episode devoted to awkward butt jokes. Even as a kid I would've found that obnoxious.

And that butter lettuce joke in episode 3 may very well haunt me for my entire life. I think we should sue.

As for Adventure Time, I mostly agree that its setting is more weird for weirdness sake and that the show tends to flip flop between really good and really not-so-good, now that I've seen more. I'm still torn on it, too, but I find that better than just feeling like it's stupid.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1318 on: April 04, 2014, 12:09:59 PM »

I really like both Bravest Warriors and Adventure Time ;_;

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1319 on: April 04, 2014, 01:29:56 PM »

Huh, so I got bored and decided to give Bravest Warriors one more chance and now all of a sudden it decided to stop being so gross and actually have a story and I like it and shit. Wut?

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: