Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 06:25:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332774 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 Print
Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 117244 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1410 on: June 22, 2014, 11:08:36 PM »

Orphan Black ...

OB kinda got me miffed this season...
It was good; but the show reeaaally needs to get to the point; I feel like we're opening only more questions than we have gotten to any answers at all.

Code:
For spoiler territory:
I do love the idea of a male clone; I wonder what kind of screen time he'll get next season --- Tatiana's presence is demanding enough.
And I swear to god I hope Kira isn't some sort of magical super cure magical girl child...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1411 on: June 23, 2014, 01:53:39 AM »

On Season 6 of Deep Space 9.

God that was a great show.

I started rewatching that now that I've gotten through Red Dwarf. Granted I'm only on episode 3 of Season 1, but still, its pretty evident that it had an over-arcing plot from the start (and any show that kicks off with a side story set during the best episode of its predecessor is as a promising start as any in my books). Also while I do remember how the show ended, I was too young to get into the beginning of the show (I don't think I started taking to Star Trek until Season 2 or 3 of DS9 and even then, it was the reruns of TNG that had hooked me).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1412 on: June 23, 2014, 07:43:25 AM »

I always remembered Seasons 1 & 2 as being weak, but season 2 is actually pretty solid overall.

The last 4 or 5 episodes of season 3 are godly.

Season 5 has a surprisingly large amount of stand alone episodes with little consequence on the over arcing story.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1413 on: June 23, 2014, 11:28:42 AM »

Deep Space 9 is excellent and it's been too long since I've watched through it.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1414 on: June 24, 2014, 02:13:51 AM »

DS9 was great because it was the perfect door to the whole ST lore. Not locked in to any specific story about a crew of a starship. It had limitless potential. Plus it had the best cast of characters which could all have episodes dedicated to them. The best was the Quark and Odo episode:) I really miss that show:(

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1415 on: June 24, 2014, 06:52:04 AM »

Watched episode 1 of season 2 of Defiance. I liked it. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here...although it must be said that Datak is a freak. Also was interesting to get confirmation on what I expected regarding the airlock story.
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1416 on: June 24, 2014, 02:26:25 PM »

Well, another year has passed. To celebrate GoT season 4 I have a special spoof gif to share:

From The Pugs of Westeros:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EoQCtPR2-I

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1417 on: June 30, 2014, 12:43:38 PM »

Finished both True Detective and Fargo.

These two shows are getting compared a lot.  They're both bloody murder mysteries, and thematically I think they work on the same level of a lot of darkness in the world, and you gotta fight back even as "the little guy" etc. etc. etc.
Ok.

I liked True Detective's endgame way more than Fargo's finale (the latter which was much more subtle and safe; whereas True Detective went with a terrifying villain in a brutal finale).  But overall, I think Fargo was more consistently interesting: Both hero and villain characters received way better focus, there's more 'quirkiness' to it which tends to make it just slightly more interesting to watch, and there's a lot of 'little shocks' and spoilers per episode.  True Detective tells a more dramatic and heart-wrenching story; but sometimes it can get a bit hammy within its 'detective tropes' and have those dry spells where you gotta interview like 20 people in stripeclubs and factory depots, follow some red herring for a few episodes, then find the perp from ONE TINY MISSED DETAIL that was right under your nose the whole time.  McConnaughey's character is your philosophical detective with the heart of a cowboy; and Woody Harrelson's detective is more down-to-earth, idiot-man-ape kind of dick (and their buddy cop relationship of how 'opposites attract'...and clash). 

It's hard to pick who does what better, indeed they both have some serious strengths and only minor weaknesses.  I will say it's been one AMAZING year for TV.  Certainly these two are both prime examples of "why televisions matters" more than ever; both shows are both fantastic pieces of entertainment.

...I'm just gonna finish with True Detective opening theme... it's amazing (and slightly NSFW).

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1418 on: July 05, 2014, 07:47:18 PM »

So they added Top Chef to Hulu, a show I've been wanting to see for a long time.

The host, Padma, is probably the most beautiful woman I've ever seen

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1419 on: July 08, 2014, 02:06:40 AM »

So they added Top Chef to Hulu, a show I've been wanting to see for a long time.

The host, Padma, is probably the most beautiful woman I've ever seen

Tom Colicchio is a looker himself as well. :D
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1420 on: July 08, 2014, 02:46:20 AM »

Of all these shows he's probably the best "judge" I've seen. I like when they show him checking out the kitchen and he's got a look on his face like "what the fuck are these idiots doing?"

I don't think he's a looker. Just a normal guy to me.

I'm watching the Chicago episode. Pretty cool.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1421 on: July 11, 2014, 09:25:22 PM »

So new legend of korra started last week or so, I missed the first 2 episodes but caught the new 2 tonight. Started strong, kicked hard the whole time. This new season looks to be pretty interesting,so I won't spoil anything thus far.

Also watched Girl meets World because I watched Boy meets World religiously as a kid. If I didn't know any better, it's in fact just the same show after a 15 year or so hiatus. I'm very interested to see how well it does in time....although it's really short compared to other shows (run time was under 25 minutes...including commercials). If any of you enjoyed Boy Meets World as a younger person, you owe it to your inner kid to see how Corey and Topanga work as parents.

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1422 on: July 12, 2014, 01:56:17 AM »

So new legend of korra started last week or so, I missed the first 2 episodes but caught the new 2 tonight. Started strong, kicked hard the whole time. This new season looks to be pretty interesting,so I won't spoil anything thus far.

The fact that
Code:
Toph had two kids by two different men is umm.... a pretty sexy thought...especially for a "kids show".  She definitely doesn't seem like the type to settle down, and the creators really ran with it.  I also thought she was dead what with the lack of mention and 'flashbacks'; but wow, now she's just travellin' the world.  We got Zuko alive and well, I wonder if Toph will show up or save the day at some point this season

I wasn't crazy for the Earth Queen's plot (she's awful and the show likes constantly pointing out that she's awful); but everything else around it was better (I loved Bumi mentioning that it is totally in her right to conscript her citizens --- take that kid's show logics of "freedom"!).  Metal city looks super cool/pretty. 

Great season so far, I definitely like seeing more of the modern Avatar world (which makes season 1's Republic City ONLY idea kinda depressing all over again), and I'm digging the new villains so far, if for no other reason than the fight scenes have been simply great to watch.  I also like that Asami is much closer to Korra.

Minor things:
= Jinora's unexplained spirit thing is back without any context.
= Everyone be fallin' in love again.  Except Korra and Mako... GOOD. 
= This sounds odd, but man I love how this show draws Asians better than most anime (which can just get a bit too crazy with its tiny button noses, tall eyes, and wtf hair...oh and Korra actually being pretty muscular for a leading lady).
= I also love how this show draws "bending".  The fact its based on real martial arts makes scenes where they show it off a bit of an animated treat
http://imgur.com/user/SpiteTheBullet/favorites/JrFDK
= Last weeks episode; Zuko had me laugh: "I once sent a guy like that to assassinate the Avatar.... [pause].  It didn't work".  Such a complicated history this man has!

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1423 on: July 12, 2014, 02:56:07 AM »

Also watched Girl meets World because I watched Boy meets World religiously as a kid. If I didn't know any better, it's in fact just the same show after a 15 year or so hiatus. I'm very interested to see how well it does in time....although it's really short compared to other shows (run time was under 25 minutes...including commercials). If any of you enjoyed Boy Meets World as a younger person, you owe it to your inner kid to see how Corey and Topanga work as parents.

I didn't really watch the original and am not a tween girl so I'm neither of the shows demographic, but I still can't help but think 'that's pretty cool' to it's existence.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1424 on: July 13, 2014, 04:26:09 PM »

Yeah same here. I caught a few eps of Bow Meets World back in the day, thought it was ok. I like that they're doing this.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: