Author Topic: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!  (Read 572754 times)

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Recently watched Episodes of TELEVISION BOX offerings!
« Reply #1890 on: May 27, 2016, 05:42:09 PM »
Fortunately it seems that they'll be getting Agents of SHIELD in exchange, so its not a total loss.

Though it does leave ABC high and dry.

Also, I thought that SHIELD had a good finale this season. Granted, it was predictable, but then, what would you expect from Marvel's off-brand X-Men?
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: May 27, 2016, 07:11:02 PM »
I thought the season finale of SHIELD was good to a point but there was absolutely no need for it to be 2 hours long. MAAAYYYBE an hour and a half, but they could have gotten away with a decent hour long finale.

Also Skye/Daisy has officially come full circle, so... whatevs. Kind of hated her character during the second half of the season.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: May 27, 2016, 09:31:01 PM »
I thought the season finale of SHIELD was good to a point but there was absolutely no need for it to be 2 hours long. MAAAYYYBE an hour and a half, but they could have gotten away with a decent hour long finale.

Also Skye/Daisy has officially come full circle, so... whatevs. Kind of hated her character during the second half of the season.

You're right that they might have been able to squeeze it down to 1.5 hours (and give the other half to Castle or something), but there was just too much going on to condense any further than that since they had to A) foil the initial plan, B) have a reasonable final showdown with Apocalypse Hive and his two remaining Horsemen, C) play stupid Death Flag hot potato and D) reference Civil War some more.

I just wish that
Code: [Select]
when Tremors turned, she decided to don some crazy looking helmet/piece of headgear to go Maximum Magneto with.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: June 03, 2016, 09:36:01 AM »
So we got 5 new episodes of Steven Universefor the last 3 weeks, and I was quite happy at first. Those first 2 new episodes were awesome, bringing about a very ideal solution (more or less) to the growing cluster problem. Then we got 3 fucking filler episodes that basically left me questioning the entire creative process of this show. I mean wtf? We go nearly half the year with 2 new episodes, then get...filler? Cmon guys, if you're gonna feed us filler shit you better make more of it then.

Not gonna lie though, last night's baseball game with the rubies was kind of pretty funny.

TASTY!

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: June 03, 2016, 10:25:59 AM »
Game of thrones

im really bummed they slaugered all the children of the forest and chased bran from wherever the three eyed raven is. It is still unclear how the book will handle it but that seemed like it was going to be a great place for bran to anchor and really shine. Now in the show he is on the run again ...

Daggerstrike

• Rainbow Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: June 06, 2016, 06:02:03 PM »
So I decided to give the SYFY series Wynnona Earp a shot. Holy shit it is bad. It is good. In a terrible way. So cheesy and campy
All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: June 06, 2016, 07:46:16 PM »
^ Exactly how I feel about the current direction of Gotham. I love it so much because by the second half of season 2 it abandoned all pretense of taking itself seriously.

Also, Person of Interest: Holy shit.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: June 07, 2016, 03:40:01 AM »
Binging through the first season of the Flash. Way better than I expected.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: June 07, 2016, 11:09:48 AM »

Yes, thank you.  "The Day The World Went Away" was so amazing, and I'm sad nobody here is talking about it.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: June 07, 2016, 11:27:26 AM »

Yes, thank you.  "The Day The World Went Away" was so amazing, and I'm sad nobody here is talking about it.

"...I wasn't talking to you."

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 11:32:28 AM by Klutz64 »

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: June 07, 2016, 11:34:49 AM »

"...I wasn't talking to you."

Yep.  Root finally got to him.  And at the most poignant time.  Man....  T_______T
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

EmeraldSword

• View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: June 10, 2016, 01:32:52 PM »
That was a crazy episode. Now I need to get caught up on this week's episodes. Only a few left. :*(

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: June 10, 2016, 03:03:05 PM »
That was a crazy episode. Now I need to get caught up on this week's episodes. Only a few left. :*(

"Synechdoche" had me smiling and clapping my hands with excitement by the end.  I think Person of Interest has gotten me reacting that way more than any other show.  Ever.

EmeraldSword

• View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: June 22, 2016, 01:09:37 PM »
Arvis, did you catch the series finale to Person of Interest last night? It got me right in the feels. I would love to see an offshoot series. They could call it "Better Call Shaw & Bear" hah.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: June 22, 2016, 02:52:26 PM »
Well, I guess I know who's NOT dying now. :P

And no, I was going to watch it today, but couldn't, and I won't be able to tomorrow either, so it'll have to wait for Friday.  I'm pretty sad about it being over.  I feel like I only just discovered this show (despite starting it after Season 2).  Definitely one of my All Time Favorite shows ever.  Right up there with Firefly and TNG.