Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 12:53:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
328013 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  F.E.A.R
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: F.E.A.R  (Read 2333 times)
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 03, 2006, 08:27:38 PM »

Got this today, wasn't expecting quite such a shock really, I mean I bought spare underpants just to be safe but holy fuck! what a masterpeice, Monolith have openly admitted being influenced by many Japanese Directors such as Takeshi and even gone as far as saying films like 'The Ring' and such are directly responsibly for the games creation, it's quite a superb FPS to boot with a really satisfying array of gun sounds and various other effects. The 'bullet time' ish effect is also a briliant addition to the game-play and can make you feel very very hyper wheh playing, rushes of adreneline indeed.

As for the Horror, its very well done, so much so that I fequently find myself looking away fomr the screen upon the 'static noise' Queue for our lovely lady friend to appear, spell binding gore and nerve racking physcological Horror boot this into one of my favourite FPS of late, and I've only played single player so far.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 08:51:47 PM »

Yeah, F.E.A.R. is a great fucking game.  My computer rig sucks, so I had to run it at the lowest settings imaginable, but it was enough to get a taste of the experience.

Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »

I can get her running at high, but thats besides the point, one of the only words I can think of to fully descirbe it is 'intense', its an all out assault on your senses, and christ I just passed the bit where:

Code:
You enter a tunnel shaft, nice and snug, and begin to crawl towards the other end when all of a sudden you see this typical japanese girl with long dark hair at the other end, then she darts towards you, I nearly lost my fucking life with fright

Yeah, its got it all. Gore, action, good story, harcore marines and for once lots of FUCKING language!

All its missing is some Meachine head or Fear factory pumping in the backgorund, then I'd be a complete maniac with my gun...

"Kill 'em all!"

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 09:29:04 PM »

I'm hoping for an X360 port, so that I can actually check this out, it sounds pretty damn good, and apparantly Condemned uses the same engine. At least the future titles will be on the X360 though, if this never gets ported. :P
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 12:40:03 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
Yeah, F.E.A.R. is a great fucking game.  My computer rig sucks, so I had to run it at the lowest settings imaginable, but it was enough to get a taste of the experience.

I get choppy enough aswell, but the Game just stinks of attitude and its great! gotta say Monolith have done a great job of incorporating Asian Horror into the game, fucking fantastic!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: