Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 06:41:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332012 Posts in 13600 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 93198 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2011, 08:10:49 PM »

From GAF:

I don't want to make a new thread but there is Dark Souls preview by GamesTM, March 2011.

"Miyazaki wants the players to experience tens of thousands, or millions of deaths."

"The combat remains largely unchanged from Demon's Souls, while the team concentrates on improving the elements of role-playing and exploration."

"You are no longer [able] to pick a character class from the start. Instead you are allowed to equip any armour or weapon you like, prising the potential for customisation wide open."

"There are over 100 weapons, and players will be able to cycle through them in real time. A wider range of magic spells is also available."

"Miyazaki is careful to point out that the game isn't ttruly open-world as some media outlets have reported, but it will be less compartmentalised than Demon's Souls. There's still a hub - a campdire within a ruined castle - but you'll be able to leave through your choice of exits and work through the interconnected levels. We're told that you'll be able to travel to any location you can see in the distance."

"Secret routes and locations have also been discussed. From Software inadvertently reveals one to us in a place aptly named Trap Road"

"Player death does not have him transform into a ghost, but instead he finds himself in an alternate part of the area and discovers a tunnel to a secret location. Miyazaki is keen to point out the tunnel leads to an even harsher environment as punishment for slipping off the rail and dying."

"We are trying to provide an experience one or two steps ahead of what we did for Demon's Souls."

"Dark Souls introduces mid-level bosses that can pursue you in unprecedented ways, leaping over walls and climbing buildings to reach you."

(Badass) European Box Art:

My soul is not ready.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2011, 05:50:25 AM »

I really regret looking at that latest batch of pics, must've spoiled at least half the bosses in the game. I'm looking forward to E3 but I'll really have to avoid most of the footage that will be shown for some games.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Zyco
Hope I'm not the old guy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2011, 08:28:44 AM »

I can not wait for this game!  I love Demons Souls and it was one of my favorite games in the past few years, maybe ever. 

Anyone know what they are doing with the online part of the game? While Demons Souls online is great, I think alot of tweaking could be done and more modes could be added.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »

This game is my jam
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2011, 11:56:49 AM »

I really dig the look.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2011, 12:22:22 PM »

I believe this will scare me even more than Demon's Souls did :(

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2011, 03:58:26 PM »

This does indeed look pretty freaking awesome, I foresee quite a few days of nothing but sore fingers and blurry vision from playing waaaay too much when I get this!

Everything's Eventual
deathsaber

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2011, 08:50:47 AM »

I'm kind of sad Bamco is publishing this one.  Atlus should get the credit for taking the chance on the first one, localizing it and making it a hit in the states.  They should have been the one to publish this game and enjoy the continued success since they took all the risk bringing this series to us but now that the series has an audience, Bamco outbids them, because they are a more wealthy publisher and will now buy in to what they see as a surefire cashcow. 

I just hate to support the company that deems the Tales series unworthy for America, although FromSoftware definitely deserves success.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2011, 09:40:24 PM »

The Pacts you make in Dark Souls determine who your Online Friends and Foes are:

While you're exploring the world, your character will have opportunities to make pacts with people, presumably non player characters, and other things. These pacts are not like joining a guild or a team in a MMORPG. You will make multiple pacts in Dark Souls and these guide how you roleplay with your character. Players will naturally find pacts in the game, although some pacts are rare and difficult to find.

Pacts have an effect when you play online. Since you have to decide whether to support or not support a side certain players will be friends and others foes. Even though player choice is a key part of Dark Souls, the game does not have a deep story. You play as an immortal, a fitting character type since the producer emphasized there is no safe zone in Dark Souls, who has left society on his or her own accord.

Read the rest of the of article here.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2011, 04:32:32 PM »

New trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqaysjKcw-g

October.

So awesome, I can't wait to dive into this.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »

So... happy... right.... now....
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2011, 05:37:40 PM »

/still hasn't played Demon's Souls

Probably won't be playing these anytime soon.... I'd ragequit so much...

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2011, 07:06:27 PM »

I still haven't finish Demon's Souls, but I see that I still have to fight against giant mid-bosses and final bosses again. Thank god I'm a masochist who enjoys a good challenge. :T
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:08:13 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2011, 01:52:22 AM »

All I have to say about the release date: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!  That was me squealing like a girl,lol :)

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2011, 09:41:39 AM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27730303&postcount=1

Prepare your wallet.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: