Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 11:08:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329751 Posts in 13517 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 91238 times)
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: November 14, 2011, 09:37:26 AM »

I wasn't telling him not to because of that, but just because it's a difficult fight and he probably won't be able to win it at that time. Then again, I played a thief and I wasn't exactly the strongest character at the time.
i've been doing okay on boss fights i think i only took like three tries at most of the ones i've seen. about half of those i killed first try. i'm playing as a wanderer but all my upgrades are to be an all around kinda class. i started out thinking i'd play dexterity/faith build like demon's souls but i got my pyromancy stone fairly buffed now too. 
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: November 14, 2011, 12:20:21 PM »

well that sort of brings me to another question. i have two transient curses and i haven't really pushed far into new londo because of it. should i just get cursed somewhere or is there somewhere to buy a big stack transient curses?

One Transient Curse can last for a few couple of minutes which is enough time to advance in New Londo, besides if you equip the ring to get more loot that you can find in Sen's Fortress you will have a bunch of Transient Curse while killing the ghosts.

Just be sure to go with Pyromancy and a good shield there because the boss of that area is not easy. Also, If you can do rare weapons and shields with the blacksmith of Anor Londo I would recommend doing the Greatshield of Artorias and the Quelaag's Furysword before going to New Londo.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: November 14, 2011, 03:56:54 PM »

well that sort of brings me to another question. i have two transient curses and i haven't really pushed far into new londo because of it. should i just get cursed somewhere or is there somewhere to buy a big stack transient curses?

One Transient Curse can last for a few couple of minutes which is enough time to advance in New Londo, besides if you equip the ring to get more loot that you can find in Sen's Fortress you will have a bunch of Transient Curse while killing the ghosts.

Just be sure to go with Pyromancy and a good shield there because the boss of that area is not easy. Also, If you can do rare weapons and shields with the blacksmith of Anor Londo I would recommend doing the Greatshield of Artorias and the Quelaag's Furysword before going to New Londo.

thanks for the advise. now i know exactly what i need to do.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 14, 2011, 04:19:23 PM »

The female undead merchant sells transient curses, and so long as you're not cursed for real the drop rate on them from ghosts is pretty high. If you want to play it safe then wait until you've found the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, THEN go down there wearing that and the transient curses and you'll likely keep getting them to drop in pairs and thus never need to worry. If you want to know where that ring is, it's
Code:
in Sen's Fortress, past a pit/wall that can be filled/broken by the boulders.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: November 15, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »

The female undead merchant sells transient curses, and so long as you're not cursed for real the drop rate on them from ghosts is pretty high. If you want to play it safe then wait until you've found the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, THEN go down there wearing that and the transient curses and you'll likely keep getting them to drop in pairs and thus never need to worry. If you want to know where that ring is, it's
Code:
in Sen's Fortress, past a pit/wall that can be filled/broken by the boulders.

yeah i bought all of hers, i got a little ahead of myself i think. i gotta go ring the second bell first.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: November 18, 2011, 10:43:23 AM »

so i've rung the second bell thanks to some phantoms. i was afraid to go to sen's fortress right away but i saw some soul sign right inside the door. i basically got a guided tour by a japanese player twice. (got knocked off the first bridge) he showed me quite a bit before i died again.

i got the official guide the other day. i got it so i wouldn't miss anything in blighttown but the map even on paper is confusing a bit. i vaguely know where the key to new londo is supposed to be but i have no clue how to get it. the maps sort of need to be colorized to show depth. is there something i'm missing?
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: November 18, 2011, 12:40:59 PM »

so i've rung the second bell thanks to some phantoms. i was afraid to go to sen's fortress right away but i saw some soul sign right inside the door. i basically got a guided tour by a japanese player twice. (got knocked off the first bridge) he showed me quite a bit before i died again.

i got the official guide the other day. i got it so i wouldn't miss anything in blighttown but the map even on paper is confusing a bit. i vaguely know where the key to new londo is supposed to be but i have no clue how to get it. the maps sort of need to be colorized to show depth. is there something i'm missing?

I didn't know the path from blighttown to new londo existed until I read about it on a message board. The path is up a set of ladders by the waterwheel where the bonfire is. I had a very hard time looking for the ladders, and wouldn't have seen them unless I knew to look for them.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: November 18, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »

i basically got a guided tour by a japanese player twice.

Unless you have a JP version, you can`t play with Japanese players. Been like this since the release of 1.04 patch in Japan.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: November 18, 2011, 04:45:59 PM »

i basically got a guided tour by a japanese player twice.

Unless you have a JP version, you can`t play with Japanese players. Been like this since the release of 1.04 patch in Japan.
oh i just assumed cause of his name and when i compared trophies his psn said he spoke japanese. i forgot about the patch. 
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 18, 2011, 04:47:55 PM »

It isn't implausible that the inverse happened, a Japanese player who imported the US version for some reason. Especially if they wanted to keep the dragon head glitch.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: November 19, 2011, 10:57:53 AM »

It isn't implausible that the inverse happened, a Japanese player who imported the US version for some reason. Especially if they wanted to keep the dragon head glitch.

Hmm, I haven`t considered that. So then... he liked his dragon head glitch, didn`t like that the patch fixed it, learned that the US/EU version was published by Namco, figured it was never going to get patched and imported it. Everything clicks now. :)
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: November 19, 2011, 12:40:36 PM »

so i found the stupid key to new londo and the guide is so far off the mark. time to finish sen's fortress.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: November 22, 2011, 11:13:11 AM »

http://www.gamezone.com/news/namco-working-on-dark-souls-patch-for-us-still-no-release-date

I'm not gonna play this game until the patch comes out.  Seriously, I have the lord vessel and can access every zone easily, why the fuck would I want newgame+. 

Demon's Souls PVP was separate from your location, making PVP always available.  Or maybe I'm remembering wrong, and the simple fact that multiplayer worked makes me think this is how it was.s

All I have left is to beat the game, but that would screw me over kinda.  Once I find out where the most PVP is (Kiln?  LOL) I'll... nevermind.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: November 22, 2011, 04:33:24 PM »

patch is out
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: November 22, 2011, 07:33:33 PM »

Not on EU PS3. Been fighting TWoP`ers/RoF`ers all day today. Europe is the last bastion for these guys.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: