Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 06:00:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332773 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 93633 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: November 27, 2011, 11:02:03 PM »

I haven't searched for videos of people doing parries with the last boss but the first time I read that on the wiki I couldn't believe it, the timing has to be perfect for that because is pretty much a russian roulette situation trying to do that I imagine.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 27, 2011, 11:27:58 PM »

It's a real shame because the rest of the game is pretty well balanced.  I can beat Smough and Orstein fairly easily by myself and I can even kill Four Kings after a few tries, but the last boss is pretty much a crap shoot.  I just hate the fact that one solid strike from the boss can put you into a stun lock and end the fight.  It wouldn't both me that much if the bonfire was closer to the boss.  Having to fight (or run) from five black knights on my way to a trial and error fight is quite annoying. 
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: November 28, 2011, 09:06:29 AM »

Not sure if this has been discussed at all, but the enemies seem smarter after the patch.

It's harder to aggro some enemies out, they'll return to their starting position like Demon Souls. Also, I couldn't get the dragons in valley of drakes to fall off the cliff side. They would actually fly around until they could land somewhere.

Haven't played in over a month, took me quite a while to remember where everything is.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: November 28, 2011, 09:11:57 AM »

I played yesterday after installing the patch and didn't see any difference in the AI, I went through several areas and saw the exact same patterns and behaviours. Even the gltch in the forest where you can make the those guys from the covenant commit suicide still works like a charm.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: November 28, 2011, 06:52:18 PM »

That was a glitch with the guy in the forest? Huh. Well, some enemies are slightly more difficult but not by much. Though I don't even know how to kill the dragon of the bridge now...
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: November 28, 2011, 10:06:21 PM »

I just finished Dark Souls for my first time.  I'm already on my NG+ run.  Is the final boss a beast in this NG+?  I beat the final boss in less than 10 seconds :(

Overall, this is probably my favorite game in the last 10 years and I own over 1000 games.

Currently Playing-Xenoblade Chronicles
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: November 28, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »

I'm almost done! Only 3 more areas to go. I think I enjoyed Demon's Soul more because it was the first time I ever played a game like this. Dark Souls does do a lot of things better, but I'm finding myself just wanting to get it over with. Maybe the fact that I went from Demon's Soul straight to this had something to do with it.

"Oh, a hunter..."
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 29, 2011, 01:48:47 AM »

To IA-

The final boss is an absolute monster on NG+.  He can essentially kill you in two quick attacks.  Did you parry him to kill him quickly?  I tried but just couldn't get the timing down, so I used some helpful spirits to assist me. 
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: November 29, 2011, 11:11:31 AM »

the spots i noticed the change in AI was mostly in the undead burg. enemies don't see you coming from as far away as they did and they stay put till your closer. the positions of enemies changed a bit too. it probably is a lot easier for beginners now. i kinda liked the way it was. the one enemy change that i like is the crossbowmen above the minotaur are moved to the side of the ladder so the one doesn't hit you with a sword every time you get to the top anymore, that was annoying. but now they can't see you that well so they're dead before they shoot/swing at you. i sorta feel it's too nerfed.

i killed lautrec and smough over the weekend. i can't think of an npc killing i've enjoyed as much.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: November 29, 2011, 11:53:23 AM »

I'm almost done! Only 3 more areas to go. I think I enjoyed Demon's Soul more because it was the first time I ever played a game like this. Dark Souls does do a lot of things better, but I'm finding myself just wanting to get it over with. Maybe the fact that I went from Demon's Soul straight to this had something to do with it.

i did the same thing and i kinda feel the same way. i'm not as far as you i think so i'm not as eager to finish. i think that i like demon's souls more in some aspects and dark souls more in others. i don't think i've been as nervous about bosses in dark souls as much. i think the flame lurker was my favorite in the series so far because it was difficult but if you were smart and vigilant you could beat it by yourself. flame lurker and king alant were the only enemies i had phantoms help with and mostly they died. in dark souls it's easier to get humanity to be alive and summon phantoms. the phantoms i've summoned have destroyed the bosses in seconds. i just think demons souls had a tighter balance to it. i like the bonfire set up in dark souls more. that reminds me, i wonder if they took the giants that were supposed to be in the broken arch stone in demon's souls and just added it to dark souls.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: December 02, 2011, 04:43:55 PM »

Does collecting all the Lord Souls and defeating the boss not net you the best ending? I have to say, that was a terrible ending for all that I went through to get there.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 02, 2011, 06:30:42 PM »

Does collecting all the Lord Souls and defeating the boss not net you the best ending? I have to say, that was a terrible ending for all that I went through to get there.

There's only two endings:

Code:
Light the fire, or walk out. You could argue that "walking out" is the best ending, especially if you caught Kaathe's dialogue.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: December 02, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »

Yeah, it's just like Demon's, it all  comes down to a choice at the end of the game. I still have a long way to go...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: December 02, 2011, 09:00:52 PM »

The best part of the final battle is that Gwyn is in hollow form.

Also, can you still do this with the Prism Stones? I want to do it in co-op. :p
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: December 03, 2011, 11:04:05 AM »

Just have the last 4 big bosses or so, then the end game. Having a hard time motivating myself to finish it, especially when hearing how hard the last few bosses can be.

Probably need to spend some time grinding to upgrade my armor. My best weapon by far is the demon spear, unless of course I dual wield one of the axe or greatswords, but they're far too slow for my play style.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: