Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 10:20:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334848 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 95302 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: January 10, 2012, 09:17:07 AM »

Meeting Kaathe was my favorite scene, since it turns expectations on their head.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: January 10, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp2qiojb0Hc

Always remember, Darkwraiths are assholes.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #917 on: January 10, 2012, 06:05:49 PM »

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/10/rumor-dark-souls-getting-dlc.aspx

DLC?

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: January 10, 2012, 06:46:10 PM »

i can't imagine this is true. how would you add to it without it seeming slapped on? unless they were bluffing when they said they weren't planning dlc from the beginning. i guess we'll see...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: January 13, 2012, 04:56:51 PM »

There are a lot of areas in the game in where they seem to be a path but is closed, so I can imagine them using of those spots for the DLC. But it would be kinda random to do.

Also a quick question: Did anyone know if the Pendant does something? Is one of the gifts that you can choose when you create your character and you can also get it from a certain NPC. I do know that you can trade the Pendant with Snuggly to get one Souvenir of Reprisal but it has some use other than that?
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #920 on: January 13, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »

There are a lot of areas in the game in where they seem to be a path but is closed, so I can imagine them using of those spots for the DLC. But it would be kinda random to do.

Also a quick question: Did anyone know if the Pendant does something? Is one of the gifts that you can choose when you create your character and you can also get it from a certain NPC. I do know that you can trade the Pendant with Snuggly to get one Souvenir of Reprisal but it has some use other than that?

i can think of a few places that they could add stuff but as much as i love the game i can't imagine where they'd go with it. it might have been nice if the valley of the drakes had something more going on.

the official guide only gives a clue about trading for the pendant. if it means something more than birdgirl that'd be nice.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: January 16, 2012, 11:23:52 PM »

Picked up Dark Souls. Several hours in and loving it! Capra Demon is a fucker. Still raped him after 6-7 tries. Almost to the Gaping Dragon.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
BlackSunshine

You mad?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: January 18, 2012, 11:56:52 AM »

Ugh, Capra demon was the hardest boss for me. When you see the demons again in Lost Izalith they're a joke!

When I first tried Demon's souls, I played for 5 hours and accomplished NOTHING! I literally got nothing done, I was half health, no souls and crap armor and weapons. So, starting Dark Souls, I figured I was going to suck ass and quit as I am good at that haha, but I was actually doing well and zoomed through the game and had a lot of fun, but can't bring myself to continue on to platinum the game (Currently at 72%). BUT, since I finished the bulk of Dark Souls, I thought I would retry Demon's Souls and it is AWESOME!! I guess I had to learn to defend. I am a terrible person for not blocking in combat or using breaks when playing racing games. The game had to beat it out of me, and I give it major kudos for doing so.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: January 22, 2012, 11:10:33 PM »

The Capra demon was difficult for me until I noticed that it pauses for a little bit when it jumps off the stairs, this gives you time to land a few if you have wiped the dogs out. I'm enjoying the challenge of this game more then anything i've played in the last decade. Spending allot of time back tracking, wiped out the knight in undead burg and the knight in the undead parish. One of them dropped it's sword which is insanely powerful in comparison to the battle axe I had before. Upgrading the sword required the Twinkling Titanite which I harvested from the glowing bug thing in the darkroot basement that disappears if you don't kill it quickly. Oh the giant crow, I rested in the nest while having a smoke and realize im back at the Asylum?? There just seems to be so much in this game to learn and see,IMHO, this game is simply amazing.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #924 on: January 31, 2012, 07:37:45 PM »

Dark Souls dev sorry for frame-rate issues, uncertain on sequel
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: February 01, 2012, 11:15:24 AM »

That sounds about right.

Theyve done 2 king fieldish games. I dont think we will see another this gen.

They have done 2 armor core games. I dont think we will see aother this gen

I think we might something totally new.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: February 01, 2012, 09:34:34 PM »

Have to admit that I got kinda scared when in the interview he said that they are able to make an even darker game.

Demon's Souls and some moments in Dark Souls totally killed part of my innocence, but I am more or less excited to play another one since I do enjoy a lot the combat and atmosphere.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: February 02, 2012, 04:57:02 AM »

Maybe they'll actually add some skills other than trial and error? Or not penalize players by making them grind for hours? Just wondering.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: February 02, 2012, 05:03:56 AM »

Ugh, Capra demon was the hardest boss for me. When you see the demons again in Lost Izalith they're a joke!

When I first tried Demon's souls, I played for 5 hours and accomplished NOTHING! I literally got nothing done, I was half health, no souls and crap armor and weapons. So, starting Dark Souls, I figured I was going to suck ass and quit as I am good at that haha, but I was actually doing well and zoomed through the game and had a lot of fun, but can't bring myself to continue on to platinum the game (Currently at 72%). BUT, since I finished the bulk of Dark Souls, I thought I would retry Demon's Souls and it is AWESOME!! I guess I had to learn to defend. I am a terrible person for not blocking in combat or using breaks when playing racing games. The game had to beat it out of me, and I give it major kudos for doing so.

I just got past the Capra Demon, on my first try! Not to brag or anything, but I think there is a lot of luck involved in this fight. I'd say it depends how quickly you can get rid of the dogs.

I'm loving this game, it's much better than I expected. Way better than Demon's Souls in my opinion.
Just wish I had a little more time to play it but even so, if I can continue my momentum with the game I think I won't stop playing it soon.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: February 02, 2012, 11:37:05 AM »

I just wonder if anyone will ever solve the pendant mystery(assuming there is one).

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: