Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 11:51:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318967 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 85036 times)
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: April 07, 2012, 09:09:37 AM »

More bosses? How about a scoring system. Or less punishment for mistakes and more action game skills.

Aw hell I'll just play Bayonetta or NG again. hmm or maybe some more Tales of Graces F.. quite an impressive action combat game for an RPG.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:11:46 AM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: April 07, 2012, 01:48:56 PM »

If anything I'm happy with this. I'm far from being a big fan of the series but since it will not be just anther port it might actually use the strenghts of the PC.

As for me, Maybe I'll get it in one of those crazy steam promotions because I already had the copy I ordered lost by the mail, just got lucky I could borrow my cousin's game.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: April 07, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »

More bosses? How about a scoring system.

How would that make the game better?

Or less punishment for mistakes and more action game skills.

What do you exactly mean by action oriented skills?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 08, 2012, 07:08:08 PM »

Maybe he means something more dependent on fast reflexes? Personally I'm grateful Dark Souls ISN'T like that, I'd have a lot more trouble otherwise.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: April 11, 2012, 06:43:45 AM »

A scoring system measures skill.

I'm disturbed at Demon's/Dark Souls popularity and why people keep claiming it's a difficult game and how they love "difficult" games. But look at this list of competitive, skill based single player games. They are almost all unpopular or niche games, despite being some of the most difficult and skill based single player games ever created. So what makes Dark Souls so popular and why do people keep claiming it's difficult when it's a punishing grind/patience action RPG with a sluggishly controlled character? If people love difficult games, why aren't the ones I listed more popular?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:47:04 AM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: April 11, 2012, 07:45:11 AM »

The only reason Demon's and Dark Souls are considered difficult is for its design and the way the game expect you to play it with not much guidance. Anyone that has put hours on both games will tell you that they are not hard, if anything they are pretty tricky, annoying and extremely enjoyable experiences. And after that a bunch people will say that you're crazy for even saying such a thing. But hey, it's true.

PvP is full of BS on both games though.

If people love difficult games, why aren't the ones I listed more popular?

Because normal people suck at playing video games.

I'm not saying that gamers are super humans, but to finish and play games like Ninja Gaiden Black, Vanquish or DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou at their maximun levels of difficulty (like they are suppose to be played in the first place) is something that required a lot of passion and time. Something that not much people is willing to do.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: April 11, 2012, 09:32:30 PM »

i watched the trailer for the pc edition looks like there are new bosses.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: April 12, 2012, 02:19:53 AM »

from Siliconera:

"Prepare to Die Edition will include an untold chapter in the world of Lordran, where the player has to defeat the Dark Knight, Artorias. The game will include new bosses such as Chimera of Tomb and more. New enemies include the Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and others.

It will also feature new areas, such as Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more.  Since there are new enemies and bosses, you’ll also be able to equip new weapons and armour from them, and from new NPCs as well." -- Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will include a new story chapter, new enemies.

Holy crap, Artorias!? Oolacile Tomb? That's awesome. D:
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: April 12, 2012, 03:20:04 AM »

Yeah, I'm extremely excited about Artorias.  Here's to hoping it's not going to be GFWL-only.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #954 on: April 12, 2012, 06:34:52 AM »

I was already sold. Now I'm even solder.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: April 12, 2012, 09:10:28 AM »

Dark Souls PC gets saddled with Games for Windows Live support

"Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will include an untold chapter in the world of Lordran where the player must stop the spread of darkness at all costs by facing and defeating the Dark Knight Artorias." -- http://www.preparetodie.com/en/about/

beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: April 12, 2012, 10:04:25 AM »

now i sorta hope that dlc rumor was true cause i don't have a pc gaming rig.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: April 12, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »

Strange that of all games I personally think new content actually lessens the story. Wasn't the whole point of Seeth the Scaleless that he murdered every other dragon in existence? And what's one of the new bosses? A black dragon. -.-
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: April 12, 2012, 10:51:36 AM »

Strange that of all games I personally think new content actually lessens the story. Wasn't the whole point of Seeth the Scaleless that he murdered every other dragon in existence? And what's one of the new bosses? A black dragon. -.-

Those dragons may be undead, though.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 12, 2012, 07:06:01 PM »

Actually, this might be a reference to King's Field, nevermind what IS in the game:

Dark Souls:
Code:
There's the ancient dragon for the Dragon covenant, so clearly at least a small handful are kicking around still. It's just that their position as the sole force of the world was completely upended with the arrival of the Lords.

King's Field:
Code:
Seath is the "Good" god, with the counterpart of Guyra being the "Evil" god. It seems very likely to me that in continuing with this reference that black dragon is going to end up being Guyra, and given Seath being a callback to King's Field there's a good chance he was planned for all along.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: