Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 27, 2014, 05:52:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341572 Posts in 13957 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 99826 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: April 12, 2012, 08:57:47 PM »

Argh; I can't believe I forgot about that covenant. >.< Especially considering the infamous glitch pretty much relied on it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: April 13, 2012, 12:07:34 AM »

Dark Souls Lore - Design Works Interview excerpts
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: April 18, 2012, 02:37:06 AM »

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition let's you play as Sir Knight Artorias

"Miyazaki asked if we remembered Artorias the Abysswalker. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will allow people to travel through time to the past and play as Sir Knight Artorias. As you may recall, Artorias never actually appeared in Dark Souls, but we heard that he was one of Lord Gywn’s knights who had learned abysswalking that allowed him to meet the Four Kings. It left me wondering if we will finally discover what prompted Artorias' betrayal... For now, console owners may have to eye the extra content in Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition enviously. Miyazaki said that there was nothing he could say about console versions of it at the moment."

I have the impression that there's enough new content to release the game again for consoles, you know, like what happened with Super Street Fighter IV. Only that I hope they put all this new stuff as DLC too.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: April 18, 2012, 02:41:13 AM »

Playing as Artorias. . .it's like a lore-fanatics dream. 
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: April 18, 2012, 11:05:16 AM »

Seems like any site with diehard PC gamers are really griping about this port, which makes me sad. They should be happy just to get the game, since it was never going to happen before.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 18, 2012, 01:54:54 PM »

Seems like any site with diehard PC gamers are really griping about this port, which makes me sad. They should be happy just to get the game, since it was never going to happen before.

Quite a few of them are really people who played it on consoles and wanted a PC version for better performance, especially after Blighttown. There's a variety of reasons stuff like frame rate can need to be locked, which can be disappointing but will be ENOUGH for me if Blighttown can be reliably 30 FPS on a decent computer, though resolution locking too would be silly. That, and stuff like this CAN be indicative of a bad port (From Dust was locked at 30 FPS... and had issues and apparently didn't even V-Sync despite not going above 30 anyway. What the hell?

Of course, we don't know anything with absolute certainy so it's best to wait until it's much closer to release. for all we know Blighttown's enough to say "don't expect 60 FPS".
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: April 18, 2012, 02:42:56 PM »

Also, people should keep in mind From aren't PC devs. Most of this isn't even being done by them, they're just supervising it.

That and the fact the interview was translated, so we don't even know for sure that's what he literally said.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: April 23, 2012, 01:45:02 PM »

It is impressive how this game can have such an effect on someone and give them that urge to play it. I had played the game until the beginning of Sen's Fortress then I decided to give it a break for whatever reason I don't remember, I think it was when FFXIII-2 was released, anyway.

This week a friend of who isn't much of a fan of RPGs was looking around for some games at a lower price and he found Deus Ex and Dark Souls, I told him they were both great and anyone would be a good decision. After that that Dark Souls bell (of awakening) started ringing into my head again and soon enough all I could think about when I had spare time was the game.

I put it back in my PS3 and as soon as I realize I can't stop playing it again. I'm even considering getting the PC version for the new stage.

I'm a big survival horror fan and I believe this game fulfills my needs for that tension more than any survival horror release this gen.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #968 on: April 23, 2012, 11:22:21 PM »

I'm a big survival horror fan and I believe this game fulfills my needs for that tension more than any survival horror release this gen.

I agree. It has a Metroid-y sense of progression and a real 'I'm horrified and hope I'm prepared for what comes next" vibe that is usually present in great survival horror.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: April 23, 2012, 11:32:34 PM »

Thirded.  New Londo my first time through was more tense for me than most survival horror games released in the last five years.  It's one of those areas that I wish I could erase from my memory and replay again from scratch.

I'd say Tomb of the Giants, too, but I felt that was more of a throwback to first-person dungeon crawlers than actually trying to keep you tense and on edge, though it certainly did both of the above.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:34:34 PM by Cyril » Logged
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: May 10, 2012, 09:56:46 AM »

just read a few days ago according to namco bandai dark souls is a million seller pushing 1.19 million units across north america and europe that's not including japan since it was published by sony there.

i'll be surprised if we don't get another souls game.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: May 10, 2012, 01:46:50 PM »

Right now, I only would like to know if the new content that the PC version is getting is gonna be DLC for the console version. I really want another excuse to go and play Dark Souls after spending so much time with it when it was released.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: May 10, 2012, 02:38:47 PM »

I wonder what the completion rate for this game is?

They are able to track all that, based on achievements. I heard a podcast w/ the Ass Creed guys and they mentioned that the completion rate for their games was considered pretty high at (don't remember exact number) around 45-50%.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: May 10, 2012, 03:36:03 PM »

Maybe when the Pc version is released, if it actually supports steam achievements we can find that out without relying on the developers information.
When we look at our own achievements we there's an option to compare it to everybody else and they show a percentage of people who got it.

On a console as high as it could be this completion rate, if someone rents or borrows the game for a few days it would work against it but in the case of the game being locked to that person it seems like a good way to get that number. From time to time I take a look at my Super Meat Boy achievements in comparisson to others, not because I was hunting for them as the game is hard enough as it is but just for curiosity.

beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: May 11, 2012, 10:20:32 AM »

I wonder what the completion rate for this game is?

They are able to track all that, based on achievements. I heard a podcast w/ the Ass Creed guys and they mentioned that the completion rate for their games was considered pretty high at (don't remember exact number) around 45-50%.

every time i'm invaded or co-op i look at how far along people are in trophy's...i t would be sweet to see the figures on that.

Right now, I only would like to know if the new content that the PC version is getting is gonna be DLC for the console version. I really want another excuse to go and play Dark Souls after spending so much time with it when it was released.

same here, i hope that dlc comes to consoles so bad so when i go back to it i can start fresh and have a few new things to find.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: