Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 10:45:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334812 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 95206 times)
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: November 24, 2012, 11:28:54 AM »

A little off topic but after re-reading that article I'm intersted in watching the Yasuragi no Yakata he mentions does anyone know if there is a na localization?

Also I finally got the platinum trophy it makes me wanna go back to platinum demon souls.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: December 05, 2012, 01:18:40 PM »

Dark Souls Version 1.07 Update:

・Fixes a phenomenon in which graphical effects are flashing and some graphical effects are missing. This phenomenon is only apparent in the Additional Content

Videos:

Dark Souls Lore - Prepare to Die / Artorias of the Abyss (spoilers)
Prepare to Cry; The Legend of Artorias the Abysswalker
Dark Souls DLC NPC Kill
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: December 15, 2012, 08:57:16 PM »

anyone else in love with the basic Halberd in this game? Its wonderfully balanced and I love the L1 thrust poke. Very fast for a bigger weapon.

Edit: Just killed the moonlight butterfly. Before I even rang the first bell! Easiest boss in the game. Dodge, block his attacks, and attack only when hes landed.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 11:04:47 PM by bigdeath » Logged
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1098 on: December 18, 2012, 05:09:58 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpE_8toZ8No

Mincraft Anor Londo

Just think about how long and tedious that would be to make..........
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: December 18, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »

anyone else in love with the basic Halberd in this game? Its wonderfully balanced and I love the L1 thrust poke. Very fast for a bigger weapon.

The Halbert is pretty good early in the game, using any kind of Halbert on PvP though is practically asking for a backstab.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1100 on: December 19, 2012, 01:03:38 AM »

Actually, I've decided on using the claymore. That thing is a beast. lol. Pretty fast for a 2h weapon and the range is not bad. The swings feel a bit short but then they always do on any 2h weapon. The Stabbing and Overhead slab attack have right range though.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1101 on: December 19, 2012, 12:41:04 PM »

you should think about the bastard sword, the move set is the same but the stats are a bit better.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1102 on: December 19, 2012, 11:35:14 PM »

Actually, the claymore has the same 2 hit combo with its thrust attack as the long sword. The bastard sword does not.

Ah well, I keep redoing the start with each class. lol. I can speed run the first bell. Never had as much trouble as others. My Sorceress is the easiest at the start. 60 soul arrows right from the start of the game is hilarious. Equip a Rapier and you have the Royalty Class from Demon Souls. And we all loved the Royalty Class, right? Who said Demon Souls was hard. lol

If you get the sealer set from blight town using the short cut through New Londo, you get a catalyst with 145 AR. Not bad for the start, enough to one shot the early enemies and 2 - 3 shot balder knights. Even more easy mode. Blight town is where it gets hard but nowadays I prefer just using the shortcut to get through blighttown fast. I only go through the depths entrance to quickly get the ninja armor and then I use a homeward bone to get back to firelink shrine.

Blighttown is the worst area in both games. UGH.

Note, I'm posting in the game because I play the PC version and haven't had much time to play a lot of it till recently. I did have a little time in September though never actually beat the game. However, I have seen lets plays including the 1 hour speed run...inhuman....lol Now I'm playing around with every class to find my favorite and trying to beat it myself.

Take you wikispaces for throughly spoiling me. Don't feel bad about using it because I'm OCD about getting everything in these types of games.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:08:45 AM by bigdeath » Logged
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: December 23, 2012, 07:26:31 PM »

What Class did everyone Play?

I've finally decided to stick with my Sorcerers. Right now with Havels Ring I can where the Gargoyle Helm + Elite Knight leggings + Dingy Robe + Shadow Gauntlets and I've got good resistance + with wolf ring good pose of 60. 60 poise is good for most enemies, vs bosses with large weapons its still better just to roll away then block.

I use a Magic Blader Side Sword (pure love) and Bandits Knife +10 (will likely +15 because small fast weapons make the most use CMW buff).

Might make the Fury Sword eventually so I can have a fire weapon.

My stats at lvl 50 will be (Still only lvl 43)

Vit 8
End 30
Str 10
Dex 14
Int 31
faith 8

I will then end the game at lvl 70 with 27 vit for 1001 hp. I'll also build my pyromancy so I can also deal fire damage. Dark Souls is much easier when you have access to spells right from the start. Just like Demon Souls, Soul arrow is a life saver early game.

I only use the fast cast soul arrow spells. No need for anything heavier. Can't wait to get Crystal Homing missile so I can own some bosses.

I'll probably just use a lighting spear for a lighting weapon and downgrade that Occult club for a divine one so I can tackle the catacombs.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 07:38:17 PM by bigdeath » Logged
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1104 on: December 23, 2012, 11:42:57 PM »

My first playthrough I played as a pure Sorcerer.  It's really, really, easy - by far the easiest way to play.  The way I make it more fun is to not add any (or many) points into Vitality.  It teaches you how to properly dodge.

My second I played a Faith-based character that I eventually turned into a Faith-based Sorcerer via the Darkmoon Talisman.  It was easy, it just takes twice as long to develop your character.

My third was a parry-based thief who only used Bandit's Knife and didn't backstab.  Some of the bosses were quite challenging this way, but it was fun.

After that I realized how fun two-handed weapons were.  I don't think I could play as anything else now.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1105 on: December 24, 2012, 12:22:03 AM »

Faith based sorcerer does sound awesome but you'd have to wait all the way till Anor Londo before you could get the Tin Darkmoon Catalyst. Shame. But it does provide the biggest Magic Adjustment making CMW god like. And 31 int is enough to use Crystal Soul Mass, Don't need much else.

Would be a perfect fit with a Greatsword of Artorias build. Make use of all those distrubted stats, might be perfect for a Deprived class. Your not the best at anything but you can do everything. lol

I really don't care for much of anything among the Miracles spells. Seems much more useful for PvP. I do complement my Sorcery with Pyro for power within and use vs fire enemies.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 12:47:09 AM by bigdeath » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1106 on: December 24, 2012, 12:59:11 PM »

I just recently started messing around with two-handed weapons. Hitting a guy with the heavy Dragon's Tooth attack makes me laugh every time. SPLAT.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1107 on: December 24, 2012, 08:32:30 PM »

my first time though i ran a faith based wanderer character with a divine claymore, the second time through i used a pyromancer as my sorcery build 50 int with enchanted bastard sword was a good time.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1108 on: December 26, 2012, 04:38:24 PM »

I'm done with PvP, it sucks and don't know how many times I've tried to find some enjoyent out of this system but the mechanics are build for the game to be played mainly on PvE not on PvP.

So yeah, fuck it I'm done.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1109 on: December 26, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »

The best PvP I've had was in specifically made fight-clubs using the Red Soapstone and a host.  Otherwise, I wouldn't even bother.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: