Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 06:33:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318868 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 84982 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1110 on: December 26, 2012, 05:48:06 PM »

One of the biggest problems I've always have with PvP is how it gets in the way of co-op. I understand why PvP is a thing in these games, but the Souls games are not properly build upon the fundation of battles against players.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1111 on: December 26, 2012, 05:52:27 PM »

I'm done with PvP, it sucks and don't know how many times I've tried to find some enjoyent out of this system but the mechanics are build for the game to be played mainly on PvE not on PvP.

So yeah, fuck it I'm done.

That's a bummer, I really have been enjoying PvP. It's usually pretty damn thrilling when someone invades and I beat their ass. Or get my ass beaten. Still, I love it. It's a bit finicky, but if you keep yourself around SL 100-135 and didn't just go bonkers with your build, you should be able to fight people at a similar level of strength and get some good fights.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1112 on: December 27, 2012, 06:14:09 AM »

I'm finally gotten through Ando Lando. Sigh, that caused me more trouble than it really should have. my sense of timing sucks. Ornstein and Smough were more of a pain in the butt than they should have been. Still, glad I have sorcery. I would not want to try to melee these bosses but I hear it is possible to stun lock them with enough hits. Still, even with a melee focused build I'd probably cheat and use Pyromancy vs these guys.

Anyway, FINALLY, on to the Dukes' Archives where I shall get my Large Magic Ember. Of course, I did what any self respecting mage does and built quelaag's furysword to deal with the magic resistant enemies in the archive.

Edit: Acutally, first I'm going to kill Sif, the great wolf. Easy fight at this point.

Why DOES EVERY NPC in this game have a troll laugh...Its like they are all mocking me. This game! O.o

Edit 2: I need to do the Ash Lake hydra battle too. Hopefully as easy as the first Hydra which really just needs a +10ish weapon to kill fast.

Also forgot to mention that I obliterated the Bridge Dragon with a Lighting Bandit's Knife +5. I feel badass. lol
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:01:44 AM by bigdeath » Logged
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1113 on: December 27, 2012, 06:30:25 AM »

Edit: Acutally, first I'm going to kill Sif, the great wolf. Easy fight at this point.

I'd advise against doing that until you've been through the new areas added in the PC version/DLC. There's an extra scene you'll miss if you kill him before doing that.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1114 on: December 27, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »

I'd advise against doing that until you've been through the new areas added in the PC version/DLC. There's an extra scene you'll miss if you kill him before doing that.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about that. Thanks. Then its black Hydra hunting time.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 03:10:43 PM by bigdeath » Logged
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1115 on: December 28, 2012, 04:17:58 AM »

One of the biggest problems I've always have with PvP is how it gets in the way of co-op. I understand why PvP is a thing in these games, but the Souls games are not properly build upon the fundation of battles against players.

I used to hate invaders when I just trying to summon people/npcs for boss fights.  But now I like them once I get to know the area better.  For example, in Anor Londo right before Smough/Orstein fight the invader will always come through the narrow stairs.  Equip a great scythe and you can wreak havoc.  It is hard to lose this way.

The unsuspected invaders give some spices to the game IMO.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1116 on: December 28, 2012, 07:42:35 AM »

Videos:

Iron Lumberjacks
A Very Dark Souls Christmas
Idling Hacker? No Ledge? NO PROBLEM!
Pursuers is Perfectly Balanced and an Enriching Addition to Dark Souls PvP
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1117 on: December 28, 2012, 08:19:06 PM »

i'd like to see iron lumberjacks vrs. pursuers. my bet one lumberjack falls the other cleans up.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1118 on: December 30, 2012, 03:00:08 AM »

i'd like to see iron lumberjacks vrs. pursuers. my bet one lumberjack falls the other cleans up.

I'd love to see that as well. Those we halarious videos.

Status Update, I've done the Dukes Archives and Painted World of Ariamis. I'm going to do the DLC extra content next then Sif the great wolf, the catacombs, and finally the Demon Ruins.

WISH ME luck vs Artorias, from what I've seen online, hes a real pain in the butt to face. Can't wait to get pursuers for myself.

I'm doing it people, slowly but surely. I'm level 69 right now and I shall stop at lvl 70. The rest of my experience will go into upgrading my flame. I might just use fire spells on the final boss.

My final stats will be:
lvl 70
Vit 22 (1018 with Ring of Favor and Protection)
End 30
STR 12
Dex 14
RES 8
INT 36
Faith 8

I use the Ring of Favor and Protection which allows me to wear:

Black Sorcerers hat (mostly for its super light weight, it also looks stylish!)
Eastern Armor (Looks awesome with good protection)
Black Iron Gauntlets
Black Iron Leggings

Thats 56 poise WITHOUT the wolf ring. LOL

My melee defense is over 210 and man does that make a difference. This game really is all about the equipment.

Funny, I didn't intend for this but I've basicly made a semi-tank Sorcerer. lol

Oh, and my 3 fully upgraded weapons are:

Lighting +5 Bandits Knife
Enchanted +5 Blader Side Sword
and the all mighty Quelaag's Furysword - truly the best boss weapon you can build.

And with that I have all 3 elements covered and access to bleeding.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:19:59 PM by bigdeath » Logged
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1119 on: December 30, 2012, 04:06:52 PM »

Sanctuary Guardian is proving impossible for me to beat....I can't even heal without being attacked. And I just can't dodge/block all its attacks. The only time I can attack safely is after a dive attack and those are few and far between.

Edit: I did it finally, I think it took 2 and half hours to do............................................................................................

I hate this game and yet can't stop. LOL. I will beat it. At least I'm level 70 now.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 04:24:25 PM by bigdeath » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1120 on: December 30, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »

Next boss after the Sanctuary Guardian is Artorias and his favorite food is players with low HP, low stamina and focus on Sorceries. Makes sure you have a shield with good stability.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1121 on: December 30, 2012, 07:34:04 PM »

Next boss after the Sanctuary Guardian is Artorias and his favorite food is players with low HP, low stamina and focus on Sorceries. Makes sure you have a shield with good stability.

I can consistantly get Artorias low but once I run out of soul spears I can't stop his power up. 2h handing my light weapons doesn't do enough damage fast enough unless I'm lucky. Then one mistake and I'm dead....Otherwise magic is doing swell.

If only I had more copies of Homing Crystal Soulmass and Soul Spear, I'd have beaten him already.

I finally beat him by going back to the barnfire and reequipping my normal Homing Soulmass and using it with Homing Crystal Soulmass for damage and Soul Spear and Heavy Soul Arrow to stop his power ups. At the end of the fight I just stabbed him with by BSS about 5 times and he died. I was getting low on health so I was very nervous I was going to die before finsishing him off, yet again. Lucky, he only got 2 failed power up attempt.

Hello 50,000 souls! :D

Thank God I decided it would be a good idea to boost my HP to 1000 HP. Never would have managed to beat this fight without heavy armor (especially high Poise so my spell casting isn't get stopped) and a good chunk of HP.

I also used the Blader Shield since it has the highest base stability out of all the shields I have.

I think I'm going to try to get to 44 int so I can get Crystal Soul Spear. Not sure I'll get it in time for the final boss but I'm not carrying around a bunch of souls here. No way. This will make my final level 78.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:30:08 PM by bigdeath » Logged
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1122 on: December 31, 2012, 07:53:16 AM »

Well, I have reached the final 2 bosses of the DLC. The Dragon and The abyss monster. These seem to be the hardest fights of the game and my magic is lacking. I feel like I could beat them but it will take a lot of trys. Rather than waste hours and endless frustration, I shall level up so more then return to finish these fights.

I really need crystal soul spear and Gwyndolin's helm to speed these fights up. So my plan now is to beat the catacombs and then Gwyndolin and perhaps a boss or two of the demon ruins. That should give me enough experience for 4 levels and Crystal Soul Spear.

Yes, it is my goal to slaughter all bosses with my magic. lol. I am a sorcerer after all. I might have to try using the power within as well.

And yes. I am playing completely offline so no help from other players. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE. :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:02:51 PM by bigdeath » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1123 on: December 31, 2012, 08:51:08 AM »

Make sure you have the Silver Pendant before going to fight Manus. For Kalameet... dunno, I've never been able to kill him by myself. Kalameet is able to kill players with high HP in a few hits or one if you HP is moderate.

Players that use Sorceries shouldn't have much problem with him given that you have to be at a certain distance to throw your attacks.

Also, once you finish with Kalameet you can search for a Titanite Slab in a chest.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1124 on: December 31, 2012, 03:59:42 PM »

I got that titanite slab chest before killing kalameet by walking the edge getting back with souls intact is another story.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: